MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm

Post subject: Is there a computer geek on here?
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:56 pm 

my issue is probably a computer problem. HAd this thing 2 years and everything always worked until a few days ago when it defaulted with a bad update I had to use restore point. after that, MTM2 stuff keeps crashing. Helps when I run as administrator (as of this post) Anybody have a clue, computer wise, why that might be? A setting is off somewhere on this thing

Post subject: Re: Is there a computer geek on here?
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:32 am 

I can't help you there. I have only used System Restore once long time ago and it was more hassle than it was worth. Ultimately had to reformat the C partition and reinstall windows and have never used that option again.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:23 pm 

Your problem is a bit vague.

I heard several issues.

An update hosed your system.
MTM2 is crashing.

So we need to know what operating system you have, my guess is Windows 10?

And at what point does mtm2 crash, does it give any error messages? Is it consistent, as in like, it always crashes on this one track when I go around a certain corner?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:55 pm 

windows 8.1
after i had to use restore, mtm2 accessories started randomly crashing...unless run in administrator mode. They work in admin mode so no issues at the moment but I'm curious as to why the computer would do what it did then suddenly become incompatible with so many things that have worked for years. And I didn't accidentally download w10. Some smart guy gonna say that. hahahahahahaha.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:15 am 

The one experience I had with system restore made me believe that Windows does not roll back to a perfect copy of the moment you made the restore point. Which is why I have never used it since.

It's all good if you just use the system for internet browsing and opening your email but the more programs you install (and also, programs that by default have a hard time working with Win 8.1) the more likely it is you will run into problems.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:37 pm 

okay... Never figured why the computer defaulted in teh first place

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:38 pm 

I dunno if you're still having problems or not with MTM2 crashing, but in the properties of the desktop icon (or the actual application in the folder, whichever you use to run it), try the compatibility settings with Windows XP (SP 3) and at the bottom, Run program as Admin, hit OK, then maybe it might work...if that fixes your problem, it's kind of a windows NT/2000 thing...if it still doesn't work, then I dunno.

When windows 2000/NT came out, they weren't really trying to look for a gaming operating system, that's when the internet and networking was big time popular, they really wanted like..servers and clients and that kind of thing, it didn't care about games and stuff, all they wanted in the operating system was mostly the ability for big time networking abilities and stuff and internet functions, like network sharing, the firewall, internet connection sharing, stuff like that..it's a weird thing..kinda limited on gaming capability, but Windows XP came out, and SP 3 kinda fixed all that, back to gaming compatibility.