MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

Post subject: Monster Truck Madness 1's 20th Anniversary
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:14 am 

Today marks the day the very first Monster Truck Madness game (and also the very first game to have the codename, "Metal Crush") turns twenty years old! How exciting is that?! It hit the store shelves twenty years ago today, and two decades later, it's still enjoyable and fun to play. MTM1 was the game that started the Metal Crush madness. Does anyone still play it? I still do sometimes.

Post subject: Re: Monster Truck Madness 1's 20th Anniversary
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:40 am 

Didn't realize it was today.

Was playing it on and off on Win 7 but I can't get hardware mode (full screen) to work on Win 10. Though I haven't properly looked into it. Remember playing it so much back when it first came out, I grabbed this random bootleg copy of a random game and it turned out to be MTM and I loved it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:49 am 
MTM2 Engineer

Happy anniversary!

I remember playing the MTM1 demo over and over again because it was so cool (besides MTM2 demo laging when playing with full graphics quality), around 2002 I went to a (bootleg) store and asked for the whole game. They gave me MTM2 instead, I was kinda meh first but then I learned that you could modify the game and that was it
(Funny thing I remember printing a list of cheat codes for MTM2 and wondered why the hell I could never unlock that secret track they were talking about in Scrapyard.... turns out it was a list of beta cheat codes)

I was 12 years old then. A year later I finally got a copy of MTM1 from a friend in school and I loved it, mud pies being my favorite track.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:24 am 

Wow been awhile.
Yeah, I got it some time in 1996. I didn't even have a computer. I played on my uncles computer.
MTM1 was the first game I installed when I got my computer in 1997. And I played the snot out of it until I learned about MTM2 and begged my mom to get it. She was like "But then you won't play the first one anymore".
I remember I found in a readme somewhere in the game, how to add the mtm1 tracks to mtm2. I didn't actually get internet until around 2004.