MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next   
 Post subject: Re: MTM2 Beta Patch 0.37 (SandCastle hotfix)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:38 pm 

I found this online...

Quote:
DXGL is a project to create a DirectDraw/Direct3D version 1 to 7 implementation that runs on OpenGL 2.x. It is intended to alleviate some of the graphics glitches inherent with using legacy DirectX interfaces on modern video cards. The API will be 100% binary compatible with the system ddraw.dll file.
DXGL is currently in an alpha stage, but several applications and games already work.

http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=33134

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:46 pm 

The problem is that DXGL is a wrapper, like nGlide. It won't fix the game having stuttering issues due to too many 256x256 textures or the snow problem. It might help get the game going for ATI/AMD users but that's about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:26 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Fila wrote:
The problem is that DXGL is a wrapper, like nGlide. It won't fix the game having stuttering issues due to too many 256x256 textures or the snow problem. It might help get the game going for ATI/AMD users but that's about it.

never had a problem with my radeon cards runing MTM2 on D3D. Only time I had problems were with that sh*tty intel GPU.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:05 am 

Well you're the first :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:42 pm 

Kmaster wrote:
never had a problem with my radeon cards runing MTM2 on D3D. Only time I had problems were with that sh*tty intel GPU.

If you're referring to those Intel CPUs that have the built-in graphics or w/e that say "Intel HD Graphics" on the cpu, I originally meant to buy one of those when I built my computer back in 2011..lol..but I made a mistake and bought the wrong type of board and processor..looks like it wasn't for the worst though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:17 am 

Not sure if I'm the only one seeing this problem or this has already been discovered, but Beta 0.35 and Beta 0.37 seems to be causing parts of the trucks such as the tailgate and the wheels to be seen through whenever the camera is close enough to them. Switching to far away cameras such as Chase Far hides this problem, but if I were to switch to cameras such as Chase Near or any other camera that has a close range, that's when the problem becomes visible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:09 pm 

Yeah it has been mentioned. I'm not advanced enough to fix this as it happens on some cards and not on others.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:23 am 

Aww. I hope that does not mean this problem will be permanent, for me anyways.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:26 am 

Sadly I don't see it getting fixed within the next year. I have been having significant issues with work that I have had no time to look into the coding since December and I don't see this changing until the summer. I do hope to get this fixed at some point but at best it is probably going to be next year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:20 am 
MTM2 Engineer

NiteMares2k16 wrote:
Kmaster wrote:

If you're referring to those Intel CPUs that have the built-in graphics or w/e that say "Intel HD Graphics" on the cpu, I originally meant to buy one of those when I built my computer back in 2011..lol..but I made a mistake and bought the wrong type of board and processor..looks like it wasn't for the worst though.

Stay away from those. Intel graphics are the worst POS available for graphics. At work I use laptops with Intel processors with integrated graphics and I can tell you, their drivers are terriblle still in 2017 (I had problems with my Intel IGPU back in 2008), it displays artifacts even in simple GUIs, let alone gaming. Drivers were somehow stable for Win7, but they still haven't fixed Win10 drivers.

So if you have budget in mind, go for a cheap radeon/geforce. Never trust those intel GPUs. I think the background overlap problem was never fixed in those cards.

28nm Laptop AMD APUs seems to be very, very faulty also. From my work experience.

Quote:
Not sure if I'm the only one seeing this problem or this has already been discovered, but Beta 0.35 and Beta 0.37 seems to be causing parts of the trucks such as the tailgate and the wheels to be seen through whenever the camera is close enough to them. Switching to far away cameras such as Chase Far hides this problem, but if I were to switch to cameras such as Chase Near or any other camera that has a close range, that's when the problem becomes visible.

Looks more like a faulty gpu driver than a code bug. What graphics card are you using?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:31 pm 

Quote:
Looks more like a faulty gpu driver than a code bug. What graphics card are you using?

Dual GTX 980's with SLI enabled. If I switch back to CommPatch #1, everything's pretty much fine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:46 pm 

SparkTB11 wrote:
Quote:

Dual GTX 980's with SLI enabled. If I switch back to CommPatch #1, everything's pretty much fine.

I tried to reproduce your problem because my hardware is similar to yours.

My CPU: Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Socket 1156, (BUT mine doesn't have any "integrated" Intel HD graphics)
My Video Card: GeForce GTX 970 (I don't run SLI though)

The only bugs I ever saw in the betas were/are the ones Fila mentions(ed) as known bugs and things like that, but that's just me..I tried to reproduce here's a pic of mine.

But there is one more thing..Possibly..like Kmaster said, the driver version of the gpu, just curious. I use version 376.53 driver version of Nvidia driver for my Geforce GTX, maybe you could try that version if you don't use it? See if it helps any?

edit: oh by the way, this picture was taken from the latest beta: 0.37

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:07 pm 

Just updated driver to 378.92, still doing the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:22 pm 

What overlay is that? Turn it off and try again.

Also, absolutely disable the xbox DVR overlay, it robs performance from all games, and causes glitches.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:56 am 

It's some NVIDIA setting that allows you to video or take photos during gameplay, but that doesn't really affect anything, nor will turning it off solve this problem.

Also, about the Xbox DVR overlay. I'm using Windows 7, not 10.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:12 am 

SparkTB11 wrote:
It's some NVIDIA setting that allows you to video or take photos during gameplay, but that doesn't really affect anything, nor will turning it off solve this problem.

Also, about the Xbox DVR overlay. I'm using Windows 7, not 10.

Shadowplay? And if you added mtm2 to geforce experience, remove it in case it changed to whatever it thinks is the optimized settings. nVidia hasn't support DirectX 5 since I believe 2007 when 1 through 8 were dropped from support.

Also, try turning off SLI, and turning off Threaded Optimization

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:39 pm 

Quote:
Shadowplay? And if you added mtm2 to geforce experience, remove it in case it changed to whatever it thinks is the optimized settings. nVidia hasn't support DirectX 5 since I believe 2007 when 1 through 8 were dropped from support.

Also, try turning off SLI, and turning off Threaded Optimization

Not really Shadowplay as far as I know, It's a simple share setting from the GeForce Experience general settings. (and yes it is turned off)

Also, I did turn off SLI and Threaded Optimization like you said, same result unfortunately.

Lastly, I haven't added MTM2 to GeForce Experience, the only games on there are more modern games that are still being supported by NVIDIA.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:05 pm 

It's kinda funny you guys mention on this page.. (about the artifacting).. things like faulty gpu driver, shadowplay, geforce experience, etc, because I'm the one that previously posted the picture of Bigfoot with a perfectly working game, but today I needed to download Shadowplay so I could record my desktop for a tutorial for Draz so I could show him how to friggin install HBC tomorrow, if he hasn't already done so...(I couldn't think of another program to record desktop in windows 10, but googled it and apparently shadowplay will record desktop, but anyway), after it updated my driver version, my game 0.37 was artifacting; it hadn't done that before the shadowplay/driver update, I thought hmm, that's interesting. Anyway i think I messed around with the resolutions of the game, maybe switched between direct3d and 3dfx a ton of times, eventually I think I got it back to where the game used to be set up as with the graphics and all and the artifacting is gone now I believe. Yeah; I completely uninstalled the game today, deleted all the files, and reinstalled it today including the patches and betas, got artifacting that I didn't get before but now that's gone. Fixed back to the way it was before I ever deleted it.

edit: by the way, the whole uninstallation and reinstallation of the game and all that nonsense wasn't BECAUSE of the artifacting...it was because I was for the tutorial on how to show Draz how to NOT install mtm2 to c:\progra~1 ... aka c:\Program Files x86\ ....

deleted it and installed everything from scratch during the tutorial, that was the point of the tutorial was to show HOW to properly install the game & betas and pod hbc & hbc ini list & fixmore4. Draz is kinda behind the times when it comes to hbc...heh

Last edited by NiteMares2k16 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 am 

I have noticed slight behavioral differences in the game between Comm Patch 1 and 0.37 and I really don't know how to deal with that (my programming skills are not advanced enough). I have been using the same settings to build the game in visual studio 2015 so in theory such differences should not exist but Visual Studio 2015 did upgrade itself with patches and I suspect the newer patches might have slightly changed some things. MTM2 is a very finicky game due to the deprecated DirectX and the general lack of support from the newer OSes for such an old DirectX version.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:46 pm 

Fila wrote:
I have noticed slight behavioral differences in the game between Comm Patch 1 and 0.37 and I really don't know how to deal with that (my programming skills are not advanced enough). I have been using the same settings to build the game in visual studio 2015 so in theory such differences should not exist but Visual Studio 2015 did upgrade itself with patches and I suspect the newer patches might have slightly changed some things. MTM2 is a very finicky game due to the deprecated DirectX and the general lack of support from the newer OSes for such an old DirectX version.

Check your compiler optimizations, you probably have to disable a few.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k1ack8f1.aspx
And I have had success back in the day by disabling things like automatic array out of bounds checks and overflow checks, which when enabled causes the compiler to wrap in a lot of extra validation that slows the code down. I suspect these things aren't valid anymore lol. But still, it could be some modern optimization doesn't work right with old directX or something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next