MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 am

Post subject: Not to accuse several users!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:00 pm 

Remember when Microsoft discontinued MTM2's multiplayer support on the MSN Gaming Zone back in early 2006? Well, I was surfing around some old topics on KC's MTM2 Place recently (do people still go on there? It has registration problems, which is why I moved here instead in 2015), and I stumbled upon a topic from 2004 posted by BigDOGGe announcing MTM2 going away from the MSN Gaming Zone. When I saw the replies saying that it was terrible, I couldn't help thinking they were hate posts! A lot of people loved it so in confusion, if any of these people are still around, I just wanted to ask them why they were hating on it when we had a lot of likers in other places as I'm highly sure that the MSN Gaming Zone was actually an awesome place but maybe they didn't look more into it. I've never talked to them so I honestly don't feel like digging up any dirt.

Here is a link to the topic that I'm talking about:
http://vales.com/mtm2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10467

Sorry that I'm coming off like an idiot, and I know the said topic is over twelve years old, but I feel like making this topic anyway, though I really don't want to accuse them of being haters because they were good about a lot of other things back then.

Post subject: Re: Not to accuse several users!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:04 pm 

I am just going to throw this out there. It looks like MOST of the people that posted in that topic were draggers. When draggers started using the zone for hosting their races all they got was lip from people that thought that the zone was all theirs for circuit/Rumbles, that drag racing didn't belong. I went through it myself. Being told I don't belong on the zone, etc etc. That is one reason why draggers switched to IP multiplayer. Their were no rules that said you cant use the zone for drag racing, but many people took it upon themselves to push out what they didn't like. I think that is why many were saying they didn't care if the zone closed. They got tired of dealing with a-holes. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:02 am 

Yeah I don't really remember the dragger issue with zone since I wasn't able to be on that much back then (good ol' dial-up days) but I do remember there being a community split with the daggers very early on.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:31 pm 

METH wrote:
I am just going to throw this out there. It looks like MOST of the people that posted in that topic were draggers. When draggers started using the zone for hosting their races all they got was lip from people that thought that the zone was all theirs for circuit/Rumbles, that drag racing didn't belong. I went through it myself. Being told I don't belong on the zone, etc etc. That is one reason why draggers switched to IP multiplayer. Their were no rules that said you cant use the zone for drag racing, but many people took it upon themselves to push out what they didn't like. I think that is why many were saying they didn't care if the zone closed. They got tired of dealing with a-holes. Just my 2 cents.

???

:? :( :| :eek: :roll:

There were likers, so a petition website was made in December 2004 in order for the people who actually liked it can sign it and tell Microsoft what they exactly thought about their decision to end multiplayer support for Monster Truck Madness 2. It was originally scheduled to close in February 2005, but due to the fact Microsoft was actually listening to the people who signed the petition, they made it last for one more year. Therefore, I am still confused.

Edit: I didn't mean to mention the link to the old petition website that has an offensive word in it because I'm Christian. My apologies.

Last edited by 4x4EvolutionFan on Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 pm 

I Guess I am clueless to all of this, lol..I didn't know all of this stuff happened. What 2004-2005 I would have been in high school, no time for mtm2 I was doing homework and such, chatting with my friends, I guess I just lost interest in mtm2 for a while. But somehow World of Warcraft took over my life because that's what I was doing 2005-2006 after school lol; maybe I lost interest in mtm2 BECAUSE zone was full of a-holes? Who knows, but that's probably what it was. I say this because there's probably a few names I can list I remember what you can describe as being "dirtbags" to me.