MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

Post subject: Patch issue
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:21 pm 

So I downloaded the community patch and after I set the game to my laptop's resolution, I launched a track and played for about 2 minutes and the game crashed. And I don't mean kicked out of the race and back to the main menu, I mean "I thought I was gonna have to restart my computer" crashed. I have since tried it with several tracks, trucks, and resolutions and every time I click "go," MTM2 will crash. Any ideas guys? It worked at first but after I started changing things it hasn't worked since.

Also, may just be me being a noob again, but it reset my pod limit to 30 after the patch. How do I fix this without effing it up even more?

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

Post subject: Re: Patch issue
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:31 pm 

Idk about your laptop, could be Intel, AMD or NVIDIA graphics or the processors AMD or Intel.

I recommend this program to run the community patch with AMD, (i think) Intel and some NVIDIA graphics like mine 960m

dgVoodoo2

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html

this program actually converts the game to be compatible with DX11(in DX mode in-game) and can also simultate an old video card.
The only issue I found (I think is just me) is blocked at 60 fps, I've unchecked the box of V-Sync

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:15 am 

Are you using Direct3D or 3dfx? What resolutions?

Sometimes you need to reboot the computer for the game to start working again or randomly change the windows compatibility settings.

Regarding the pod limit... are you using cowpod? Cowpod doesn't work correctly with the patch as it wrongly assumes the game doesn't have the 100 pods patch. (I have to get around to fixing cowpod but don't have the time now).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:56 pm 

I believe I'm using nglide on my laptop, and the laptop itself uses an integrated graphics processor in place of an actual graphics card. As far as restarting, I've restarted it several times since it stopped working. I'll mess with it again when I get home from work.

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:03 pm 

If using nGlide please make sure you are ONLY using the resolutions labeled with 3dfx.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:17 am 

Ok, so I tried it over the weekend and I was using the wrong resolution. I switched it back to a supported one and it crashed once, but now it's giving me an error saying missing files when I start a race

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:05 pm 

Well, tried it without Nglide and it works fine.

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 pm 

OK.

The error that you are talking about is weird. Sometimes restarting the computer helps. The game has, at times, very weird errors that get cleared with random reboots or with random changes of compatibility settings.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:22 pm 

Ok, I'll just reuse this thread I guess. I installed MTM2 on my windows 10 desktop and got it running with all the pathe and extras. Then I downloaded a few of my trucks and mounted them in game. The first time I used them, it ran but was very sluggish. Then after the race I went back to driver check in the game gave me a runtime error saying "abnormal program termination" and then force quit. I tried to start it up again but the same thing happened in the same place every time. I ended up unmounting the truck I had used but now it does the same error if I pick any custom truck (Cale's HD pack works fine still) and let it load in the display window. Any ideas guys?

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 1:45 pm 

PM Customs wrote:
Ok, I'll just reuse this thread I guess. I installed MTM2 on my windows 10 desktop and got it running with all the pathe and extras. Then I downloaded a few of my trucks and mounted them in game. The first time I used them, it ran but was very sluggish. Then after the race I went back to driver check in the game gave me a runtime error saying "abnormal program termination" and then force quit. I tried to start it up again but the same thing happened in the same place every time. I ended up unmounting the truck I had used but now it does the same error if I pick any custom truck (Cale's HD pack works fine still) and let it load in the display window. Any ideas guys?

I haven't played Monster Truck Madness 2 on Windows 10 yet, so I'm not sure what's happening.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:54 am 

Have no clue what the problem is. Think you will have to try and reinstall MTM2.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:57 pm 

I'll just put my 2 cents in, since it's windows 10, did you try running the game with compatibility settings and as an administrator? Compatibility of, say, windows xp service pack 2, or 3, and as an administrator, in the monster.exe properties. Just a suggestion. That probably isn't the fix though, but sometimes it helps the game get over some bumps and hiccups in the way and run more smoothly.