MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

Post subject: Project Monster Update :-(
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:24 pm 

After implementing as much as I can of a soft body physics engine, and knowing the layout of the BIN model files used in MTM 1 & 2, sadly I have to say that it would be nearly impossible to make them work with each other... Meaning that A: I continue to brainstorm, and see what I can come up with, and/or B: I will have to take a completely different approach with the physics. I've started implementing ODE (Open Dynamics Engine) once again, the same engine that was originally used in my first feeble attempt at writing a monster truck game (MFR: Monster Freestyle Racing). ODE has matured over time, however, and so have my programming skills. Hopefully this time around things will go better then the former. I do plan however on continuing my work with the soft-body physics engine and a completely new graphics engine utilizing user created tracks/trucks. That project is about 50% done, the initial track file format is about 80% done and rendering of them is complete. The soft-body physics engine is about 70% done. The next step will be to finalize a model/truck format for the game that uses the soft-bodies concept. I will keep you all posted and will release something as soon as it becomes ready. If anyone would like to help in anyway, be it programming, art, or beta testing please contact me: jpez1432@gmail.com or message me here and I will try to respond asap. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Project Monster Update :-(
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:20 pm 

Good luck! I haven't been able to do anything for all of 2017 as I haven't been able to focus due to real life.