MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

Post subject: Truck makers, help me figure out black truck bug
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:29 pm 

So as we all know, there's this black truck bug in the community patch. When you start the game the track is black in the truck selection screen. After you run a race and go back the track looks normal.

So logically this means that whatever texture/lighting thing the game applies to the truck selection screen doesn't get activated until after a race is loaded. Which is fine but the code that deals with this particular thing has not been changed from the original code. So it means something else is not triggering along the way.

But then certain custom trucks either have this problem only partially or not at all. For example, please download the following truck pack: http://mtm2.com/teamslo/trucks/sloriders/SLO_RIDERS.zip

Now in this truck pack there are the following trucks:

Christy's Ride
Copes R/T-10
Demigod
SLO_Gutterboy's Unleashed
The Jersey Outlaw

Can you please tell me if there is anything specific about the textures of these trucks? Or if they are created different than other trucks or the stock trucks? I don't know, maybe certain texturing style (like transparency), or something to do with shadows or reflections? Why do these textures show up and not others (for example Christy and Cope have partial textures showing up and other textures don't).

Post subject: Re: Truck makers, help me figure out black truck bug
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:54 pm 

That's the software renderer?

It probably loads the textures onto the surface before the window has rendered. Try slowing it down by putting a delay on it somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:17 pm 

Yeah it's the software renderer. Didn't think of that. Will look into it when I get the chance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:32 am 

Sometimes for me when I start the game, even the garage backdrop doesn't render. Before the patch, that meant the truck's pod was missing a file. I did notice that the transparent textures render even when the rest of the truck doesn't. Cone to think of it, seems like the "shiny" faces are the ones that don't render, but transparent or flat shaded faces do. I dunno, I'm probably wrong, but it's just a thought. Something else I noticed, while I'm on transparency: if I set a face to transparent type, even if it's a solid color (not black) the entire face renders as translucent with solid black being completely clear. I don't know if I just never noticed this or if it's something with the patch. Thought I'd point that out.

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)