MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

Post subject: Monster Alpha Download
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:08 pm 

Here is the latest version of Monster, v0.2.33. Please read the included Readme.txt file in the zip for more information.

Download: http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php ... 9642927090

-James

Post subject: Re: Monster Alpha Download
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:05 am 

??? For me it was kinda buggy..when I opened both of them they both gave an error message about failing to load the configuration file, and, arrow keys don't really control the acceleration or braking of the truck, or reverse...space bar gets the truck moving, but it tends to want to turn to the right, and with keyboard, it's hard to get it to turn to the left, but easy to turn it to the right (using arrow keys). Truck stays at the same speed..after about 5 minutes, one of the programs crashed, I'm not sure which one.

I say "I opened both of them", but obviously I didn't open both of them at the same time...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:19 am 

First off, thanks NiteMares2k16 for trying it. Secondly, I failed at putting in the readme.txt about vehicle movement keys. W is forward, S is reverse, A is front steer left, D is front steer right, left arrow is rear steer left, right arrow is rear steer right. You can swap the key values in the config.xml file if you would like it reverse, right handed. I am left, you can link the steering by toggling it with F5. So that all steering is done with A, D keys. Sorry I forgot to put that in the readme file. Hopefully it works better.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:19 am 

Jpez1432 wrote:
You can swap the key values in the config.xml file if you would like it reverse, right handed. I am left, you can link the steering by toggling it with F5. So that all steering is done with A, D keys.

You know I actually find that kinda funny, and interesting...I don't know why. You know why? I'm also left handed, but my entire life I've preferred to play driving games with my right hand, using the arrow keys with my right hand and using my left hand to control like "space bar" for like hand brake and nitrous boost and stuff and other keys on the keyboard...BUT....for first person shooters, I move the keyboard to the left, and I use my left on the arrow keys (movement / strafing on the arrow keys), and my right hand is on the mouse for free look / shooting / weapon switch and middle-mouse button for jumping and stuff.. but, back to my left hand for FPS games, use my pinky and stuff on the Right ctrl button to duck, and middle finger to use delete button to reload and stuff, left hand index finger on the numpad keys to control special stuff in the game, like weapon mods in doom, and left ring finger on "right shift" or enter, while moving with arrow keys, to open doors and "use" stuff, and stuff like that...I dunno, I never acquired comfort with the whole "a s w d f" junk, I just couldn't do it.

On a second note though, it's funny about my joystick. It's a right handed joystick and when I play MTM2 with it, well...the shape of it let's say it kinda is uncomfortable, but I deal with it. But then you'd ask, "why not always use the joystick for every driving game?" Mmm..nah. Pretty much only mtm2.

I guess it was just from the cradle pretty much lol I associated the arrow keys with movement with both driving and FPS, being either left or right handed. I've been around computers that long. But mind you I was a kid that DID go outside and played in the dirt, ate some dirt, got rough outside with friends..I wasn't a complete nerd lol. Hell I tore a bike up and had to walk home lmao

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:26 pm 

I tried running this on my laptop but it just crashes. Says the program stopped responding (both 64bit and 32bit). Probably related to the intel video card.