MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:56 pm

Post subject: (Modern) Legendary Trackmakers?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:14 pm 

Hi everyone! I'm looking for names of trackmakers who have made many awesome tracks that are worth running through all in a row. People like OOPS, ZooN, TeamDeath, Spider, Malibu350, etc...

I stepped away from the game before Malibu did all of the Evo2 conversions, and those have been amazing tracks to run. That was a huge amount of work! In Evo2, I downloaded essentially all of TeamDeath's originals, and those are some of my favorite tracks in that game.

So, if you would point me in a good direction, I would love to run a bunch of tracks by whoever you think are some of the must run makers. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: (Modern) Legendary Trackmakers?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:49 am 

Alpine, Enocell, SRT_World, Badger, SRT_Moparz, Psycho, Wint/Winterkill, Phin, HotShoe, Yeastman.

Then there's people like ONAN who have a specific design choice that I feel are very hit or miss but when they hit, they are really good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:27 pm 

Thanks very much, Fila! I know many of those names, but some are new (e.g. Enocell and HotShoe). Comparing with some of the SLO lists, it looks like maybe I should just download one of those and give all the tracks a run.

I also notice you have also made a ton of tracks, and many look really nice! Would you recommend checking out the Redux ones first, or what are your favorites?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:53 pm 

Redux then SLO Park, Elevation, SLO Worlds, Small Whiskey.

Razzle Dazzle drives really nice but the color pattern ain't the greatest. That one was next on my Redux plan but never got around to fixing it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:56 pm 

ObeOne also has good tracks. Pretty much all the flagged races are good.

DKrider too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:47 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Enocell has to be my all time favorite
Also Zoon, Mouse (SMP creations), Malibu350, Wint, Phineus, rocketalces, Team death, oops.. but i'm biased towards city tracks
and also my old buddies DKrider and dRod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:24 am 

Thanks, Kmaster!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:17 am 

Hey Fila, I checked out a few of your Redux tracks, and they are fun. I really liked the zig-zag section on your mountains track. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that before.

I was wondering if your adventure track is meant to be underwater or if something's glitching on my version of the game? I'm in water at the very start of the track. I tried it in snowy conditions, expecting to be driving on frozen water, but the water disappeared, and the track looked really nice. So, that made me think it was a glitch.

I also ran Phin's first pack, and those tracks are very fast and fun. I want to run them in Evo, but packs don't work there, so I guess I have to use a pod extractor to see which ones work there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:18 am 

Definitely not meant to be underwater. Try and put it at the top of the pod.ini list, maybe it is glitching with another track. Never heard anyone having this issue before with my track.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:34 pm 

Moving it to the top of pod.ini didn't help---still under water. I'm running MTM2 with the community patch, and I have fixmore3a.pod and fixmore4.pod both mounted (do I need both, btw, and am I missing any fixmore-type things?) I'm using Direct3d as the renderer also, I can try later rendering with 3dfx on my laptop.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:03 am 

Fixmore4 already has fixmore3 included. You should take out fixmore3.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 am 

Also never hurts to try 3dfx and see if it does the same. Personally I am using the 3dfx option as I found it to be less glitchy on visuals than Direct3d.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 pm 

No luck! :/ I unmounted every track except for your adventure redux (tried mounting at top and bottom of pod.ini), removed trihook, ran in 3dfx, and still I am getting water right at the start of the track. Oh well, I guess. Thanks for your ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm 

Hmm the only thing I can think of is the graphic settings.

Is the Scenery at Sparse? if not try that. and no reflections or truck reflections and visibility to 100.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 am 

I wasn't able to fully get it under water but I was able to get it to have water where it shouldn't have when I went complex scenery, truck reflections and reflections and visibility at around 100. Taking out both reflections and sparse scenery did away with the issue. Actually just taking out the reflections did away with the issue but there is a very very detailed object when using complex scenery that can mess up the game engine that wasn't designed for such complex objects.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 am 

Good sleuthing. It was totally the reflections. In hindsight, this explains why the track worked correctly in the snow, but not in other weather. Anyway, very fun track, and I love that paying attention to the signs actually helps. Haha. Nice work, and thanks again for your help.