MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 am

Post subject: Re: MTM1 drags
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:09 pm 

Fila wrote:
Think I have to give up on getting those lines drawn. I've got most stuff working minus the "tournament style" which will be looked at at a later date (it requires changes to the menu and a tighter integration between drag/menu and all sorts of stuff that I don't have time for right now).

I think I will look into the lines thing once I finally figure out how to port the game to OpenGL and/or DirectX11?

Here's hoping I don't run out of patience by the time that all happens, I really do want to start simulating actual monster truck events, but too bad TRI couldn't be bothered to bring the drags back for whatever reason. :?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:34 am 

I would think a monster truck on a drag strip would blow the engine..I've never seen a monster truck on a drag strip lol

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:24 pm 

NiteMares2k16 wrote:
I would think a monster truck on a drag strip would blow the engine..I've never seen a monster truck on a drag strip lol

Nope, I ran security for Grave Digger at Gimli dragway. It went down the track just fine. Was slow, but cool looking. I was standing right beside and behind him, keeping the crowds away (since crowds can walk through the staging lines normally)
https://youtu.be/XRcWn3b19aM?t=99

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:22 pm 

Cale wrote:
You need Podman to mount MTM1 pods.

I think you'd have to pull the drags out of...game.pod, is it? using Tracked 1. Unpod it, clone the SIT files, and then re-pod them individually under a new name. You may not even need to clone the SIT files, just repod them individually in Tracked. I've run TRI's CART editor in DosBox, so you should be able to get Tracked working there. I'd offer to do it but I've now got a newborn (!) so time is fleeting.

Can you pass me the CPR Editor? If you have it

I've been searching this file for a year almost, it would be nice to be back to the Net.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:15 am 
MTM2 Engineer

monsterextremo1199 wrote:
Can you pass me the CPR Editor? If you have it

I've been searching this file for a year almost, it would be nice to be back to the Net.

I have the executable (cpredit.exe) on my desktop at home if you need it, although I'm not sure if that's the only file you need. Maybe someone has the proper ZIP file somewhere (the file is called cpredit.zip)

I was talking to Fila the other day, maybe it is a good idea to have a CPR-related page on the guild. Very interesting stuff.