MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next   
 Post subject: Re: MTM2 Beta Patch 0.43 - Drag me to the finish line
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:21 am 

Does anyone know what the face type is on the stock arena models that BinEdit can't read? Any way of changing that in a hex editor, etc., instead?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:43 am 

Fila wrote:
Well... not officially...

Considering the duration between your life and time for stuff that will improve the game further into the future, I feel that it's the best way to go. Just saying.

Speaking of which, How come Jpez doesn't do any work for the community patch, given that he was the one that got the source code from TRI's Mark in the first place?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:43 am 

SparkTB11 wrote:
Fila wrote:
Well... not officially...

Considering the duration between your life and time for stuff that will improve the game further into the future, I feel that it's the best way to go. Just saying.

I don't really understand that comment...

But anyways, I and I am sure others would be glad to help, or even poke around. Sounds like Fila you have upgraded the project code to a more recent VS?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:49 pm 

Fila wrote:
What are you talking about? You can select MTM1 tracks when you upload.

Thanks for telling me that.
But if that's the case, then why on the "MTM2 - Tr?ck Uploader" pages, in the blue horizontal line says "MTM2 Tr?cks Only" if we can still upload MTM1 tracks? :? I find that super misleading, it just makes no sense to me.
Nevertheless, I'll upload those said MTM1 tracks I have on this site anyway.

Can whoever wrote the text on those uploader pages change it? It can say "MTM1 and MTM2 Tr?cks Only" instead, that way it may encourage all fans that still plays the original game to upload their new creations on here too.

Fila wrote:
I can see what you are saying. The problem is the drag code (it's the same as the mtm1 drag) is VERY RIGID. It basically allows for no creativity and the problem is that the drags have been made with this rigid system in mind. (and if you look at your mtm1 drags and then look at my drag template and/or cale's drag you will see where you have gone wrong).

Honestly I could potentially branch out to different drag systems, like the ones you posted above as the tracks can be separated by simply having different drag types. The biggest problem here is time. I haven't had the time to go over the little bugs that are present in the current beta patch. Implementing what you showed above, while doable, will require a lot of time. I'm not saying I am not going to do it. But it can take quite a while until I will get a chance to.

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with the drag code. It's too rigid! :(
Indeed, I can see why. When I made them, they were for MTM1--also I did some stuff differently despite they work OK in MTM1--unlike in MTM2 with the random disqualifications going on here.
I think you're doing great at bringing the Drag type back in MTM2 so far!

Yeah time is such a problem these days, augh. Time is moving too fast for me here.
Anyway, what I showed is just another suggestion I placed on the table for you that can be worked with in the future one day, within your own time with whatever is top to low priority to you.

For now just keep up the good work and much luck to you and everyone working hard to bring it back to it's former glory but more. 8)
I'd help but I don't know much about programming codes right now.

MTM Community Discord Server
https://discord.gg/JvF4sMYRbA
Feel free to join if you wish.

Founder of Team_Legendz
https://truckerlegends.voobly.com/

"Hey buddy, ready to get muddy?" ~ Army Armstrong
Addons is art!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:33 pm 

Slayer wrote:
I don't really understand that comment...

Huh?... What I meant was, the fact that all of these patches are run by one person, and he’s got life things to do in the process, so much of that time can be easily put through if multiple people got involved with the patches.

I can only imagine what the community would be like now if the drag system is modified for more advanced creativity than what TRI came up with back when MTM1 was being developed. Personally I’d love to see Team Death come up with some awesome concepts for some drags, as they are one of my favourite track makers, along with Yeastman and others.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:06 pm 

Hmm, when I rebuilt my computer and put in the new M.2 socket hard drive, I loaded windows from scratch. I did a scan of the windows system32 directory with scannow in command prompt. It detected corrupted files and said it fixed them. Anyways, eventually I got mtm2 installed and up to beta par, but, when I installed windows, I wanted nothing to do with windows 10, so I took some moves. I installed Classic Shell, disabled the Action Center, removed some windows apps like Phone and People, and stupid crap like Maps. ANYWAYS, The scannow command fixed corrupt files it said, and the log said it used Windows Store to do it. However, I don't think MTM2 beta wants to "cooperate" with Classic Shell. In a game, it gets rendered but it's still in windowed mode. Literally, the game is rendered, but it's like the game is being played in a window.

There's a window with a title bar at the top called "Monster Truck Madness 2." BUT, this ONLY happens if you 'accidently' click the game during a race I think, because we were rumbling one time and my controls were set to keyboard instead of joystick, so I had to click the game to set the controls correct. However, F4 to get it back to rendering didn't fix the trick. It did, in a sense, fix the rendering, but still it showed the game in a window and the taskbar at the bottom, dunno why. The game was completely rendered and ran smooth, rendered by direct3D and not software rendering.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:41 pm 

I think plays MTM1/2 in a fake full screen mode. Even back in Windows 95 it seemed to do that. I always thought it odd the taskbar could become visible, and the mouse was always visible, even in a race.

I don't know if the old directX version actually supported exclusive full screen mode.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:22 pm 

It's obviously rendered though you can see the tail lights, which is strange. This only happened because I clicked the screen during gameplay (to set up controls) and it had to re-render it. Before I clicked it, it was completely full screen and completely fine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:15 pm 

So interesting error - I copied over my fully functional 0.43 folder from my desktop to my laptop...and on the laptop, I get an "Access Violation" when starting a race. Didn't have any issues on the desktop. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 am 

Hey Cale, I kept getting that error when I would start a race with an invalid resolution? Maybe your other computer had a different one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:10 pm 

That sounds reasonable. I’m running dgVoodoo so I’ll cut it down to 640x480 and try upscaling from that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 pm 

If you're trying to use

-- 1360x768
-- 1366x768

They don't work with the new patches.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:43 am 

So uh... It's been a while since the last patch came out 16 months ago, how are things going right now?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:08 pm 

Not great.

Mostly because since the patch I have had a continuously terrible time on an emotional level and have not had any drive to get back into this. As far as any updates: So far I don't have any encouraging news as I am still battling to get out of that specific emotional distress.

At some point I definitely want to get back into it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 pm 

P.S. This is also the main reason why I haven't been active on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:42 am 

Sorry to hear about the situation. But you know, the best way to deal with this (and I know you're somewhat reluctant about it), would be to outsource the code to others who have the time. patience & skill to improve the game than what it is now.

As I've said before, by all means I'm not pestering nor forcing you to do anything about it, even though it does sound like an obvious idea. I guess I'm just asking for a lot, but I really love MTM2, and would love to see the game evolve into something much greater.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:11 pm 

I would love to outsource but it's hard to find someone interested in doing it for free (they pretty much need to have a love for the game).

My main desire is to port the game to directx9 or opengl and that is definitely something that is out of my reach with my current know how. Either need to learn more coding or win the lottery and pay someone ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 pm 

Hey Fila, been working on Project Monster for some time now and a bit burnt out on it. Not sure if I have the latest version of the MTM code. If you would send me the latest I will take a gander at it. The main reason I haven't been involved in it really so far is the code is terribly ugly (Not on your part, but TRI) and really just like working on my own stuff. I will put Project Monster on the back burner and check it out. See about an OpenGL renderer for it. I am currently on my laptop without access to my main computer where the last version you sent me is located, so if you would hookup a link again I'll see what happens. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:34 pm 

If I knew anything about coding I'd gladly offer to help but I'm not good for much outside model work and textures. if there's ever any need for that, definitely hit me up! also, I know it's not much, but I wish you the best through this tough time Fila. Your wellbeing is more important than anything, no need to rush things for us.

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:11 am 

jpez, I will try and set up a proper repository for the code (with the initial untouched version and the modified one). Both for visual studio 6 and for visual studio 2017.

Right now in addition to my meh period I'm also having a lot to do but I hope things clear up next week and I can focus on setting that up.

And yes, the code is terribly ugly :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next