MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

Post subject: 4x4 Evo to MTM3 revival/need help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:20 pm 

Thinking of picking my MTM3/4x4 Evolution project back up out of the mothballs, and wanted some community input.

For those who forgot or don't know about the project, it was intended to be "what if" MTM3 was produced instead of 4x4 Evolution using the existing game's assets and engine making period accurate replicas (1999-2001, not any particular tour) with an eventual full port to 4x4 Evo but due to no longer having access to reference and resources for modding Evo, that side of the project has been dropped indefinitely and is going to be solely MTM2 based.

The part I need help with is fleshing out the roster. Like I said, I'm trying to exclusively re-purpose existing body meshes (that have been ported to MTM2) for the trucks with the exception of maybe one or two such as an S10 body (maybe) and modifying single cab trucks into extended cabs and vice-versa. I already have Carolina Crusher about 80% done, just needing props built and textured, and then assembled. A generic F250 Bigfoot is roughly 50% done, and I can make several trucks with it, and even more with an F150 body. the Ram is about to go into Blender for work and I have Bearfoot planned first. The GMC King Krunch, Thrasher, and potentially Equalizer are planned but not started.

Now, where you come in, I'm taking suggestions for the roster. Using the vanilla assets available, suggest some other trucks I can do with the project to eventually make. they have to be period appropriate to the era listed above and can be made without custom content with the exception of props. Drop any suggestions below and if anyone would like to help, leave a comment or shoot me a dm and I'll get back to you! I may also stream my process at some point if I can figure out how to screen cap video if there's demand for it, so if anyone can help with that HMU

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

Post subject: Re: 4x4 Evo to MTM3 revival/need help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:36 pm 

The lists are going to be rather similar in my opinion, and honestly you get the benefit of not having to do Digger because he'd have been SFX/Clear Channel/Feld property at that point. You could do 4 Bigfoots again - Bigfoot, Bigfoot Super Duty, Snake Bite, Firestone Centennial, and Tonka. Then Overkill and Black Stallion. Bear Foot and Rampage and Nitemare. Monster Patrol, Carolina Crusher, Executioner. Equalizer. That's really about it - Monster Jam held the licenses to the other big name trucks at that point.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 pm 

All good suggestions, and I'd still do Grave Digger anyway just because. I'd actually forgot about Snake Bite but now I'm not looking forward to that LMAO. I was also planning on doing the Xbox Bigfoot just for laughs but I realized that the Xbox wasn't around at the time, though I believe the game was eventually ported to it

Nat Gage (She/They, pls)
I used to be PM Customs but now I'm taking meds for that ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:21 pm 

Feel free to reuse the hood from my HD Snake Bite - it's higher poly than it really needs to be.