Post subject: Fast Laps
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:51 pm 
easy company

I've finished up the with latest updates... thanks to all who contributed

http://rhinoseros.com/~malibu350/trackshots/fl.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:54 pm 
Glow Ball

Good work, but does that mean my page is out of date now ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:54 pm 

Those are always out of date there phin. i make updates on my hof 2 to 3 times a week and update scores for 2 or 3 tracks each time.
hehehe

------------------
Jumper
Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 2:15 pm 
Trackologist

Great stuff, Mal - outstanding! Like I said in our forum, MTM 2 racing will most likely never compare to what it was in '98, '99, & 2000, but there's certainly a lot more ppl racing nowadays than there was a year ago. Tell ya, I know for a fact most ppl out there don't have a clue how much you guys support this game, and it's sad in a sense. Still, on a positive note, I think because of the upswing in racing interest, there are more ppl taking an interest in what all MTMG has to offer, which branches out to Mal's site, Rep's place, and much more. LOL I know every time I drop our www.teamslo.com link in the main, I throw the http://mtm2.com url right behind it. Also had several guys ask me where to d/l trucks, at which point I drop links MTMG and add in that the certifiable fanatics should drop by Rep Fan's & B. DOGGe's place.

At any rate, I better get out of here before I start writing a review of Mal's new and improved site lol. Very nicely done, Mal! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:07 pm 
Glow Ball

Jumper, Mal, and Papa, and maybe even you too copey, we have to figure out a way to make mailing lists so we can send out updated information about settings, fast laps, and hof info. I can't keep up.

I've had this mailing list idea for a while now, but I've been told that sendmail is the "Mount Everest" of server configurations. I don't know if that's true, but it's got me stumped... for now. I either need six months to get through the manual, or to find a ready made spot that can handle the job. I'm open to suggestion if anybody has any.

And yea, I thought a mailing list would be good to notify people of new track and truck uploads but the whole business makes me feel like Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:50 am 
easy company

>> Good work, but does that mean my page is out of date now ?

yep, and that's the beauty of it all bwahahah lol...

>> I thought a mailing list....

how about just a simple post here for keeping up?

03/10/03
High-Speed Marathon Rally by Finne === 9:53.44 by Rep Fan
King Size Nut-Rally by Finne === 15:35.96 by Rep Fan
ZS Rally by ZooN & Spider === 10:54.03 by SLO_Fila

ps, I'll get the mtmg page up to speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:30 am 
easy company

OK, I've gone through all the mtmg garage stat's and updated as nessesary so as of this posting this , this , and this are in sync with each other except for a few minor gear ratios that I left as is since they can vary slightly depending on who's driving.

Phin I'll just keep the mtmg page up to date as I update so you don't have to think about it... btw there are a few broken links at the top of the Command and Control Digital Switching System panel (both of em) and where did that name come from? did you bump your head? :o) really hard? lol

[edit] on second thought I'm gonna go back and get all the sets straightened out as well, I was being lazy heh.

<font size=1>Edited by Malibu350 (10-03-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:45 am 
Trackologist

My we are speedy, Mal!! I was going to say the first order of business is to bring MTMG up to speed. Once that's done, it would be easy to keep it current. If its a bit much for ya, Mal, I can handle MTMG. I'm quite sure your plate if full as it is. Hehe so's mine, but what the heck. Or we could work in tandem since I'm out here on the racing scene. Hehe I got an update or two to send Jump in the next few days anyway.

Let me know, bud.

PS - Phin and I somehow got on the subject of my job title...or what it is I do...something. Anyway, I'm a Digital Switch tech on Offutt Air Force Base. It's a job I took after I retired from the Air Force. The system I maintain is used to connect every U.S. affiliated military installation in the world together, to include The Pentagon and the Cheyenne Mountain Complex...and a few other complexes that shall remain nameless lol. The "DoD" title is "Command & Control Digital Switching System". My guess is Phin either fancied the name, or he was being sarcastic. Probably both lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:01 am 

You guys are so effective i can hardly figure how you find time to do all them things to keep current on so complex and complete sites. i mean i cant even think of how much time was put on tall them tracks pictures and info. You guy's envolment in the mtm2 community is nothing short of incridible.

------------------
Jumper
Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:17 am 
easy company

>>> I can handle MTMG

that's fine with me, just drop me a note whenever you do any updating, that'll help a great deal, thank you.

>>> The system I maintain is used to connect every U.S. affiliated military installation in the world together...

and you have mtm2 installed on that system? :o) sweet

ps, I like the name, it just didn't seem... phinish?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:28 am 
Trackologist

Not to get off-subj here, but the comp at work with MTM on it is one all the guys pitched in to put together. We connect to the outside world via a fax machine line we "acquired" by way of a duct in the hallway outside our office area lmao. There's no one in that office anyway after 5, and my hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m....so it all works out. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:41 pm 
Glow Ball

> how about just a simple post here for keeping up?
> Or we could work in tandem

As long as everyone knows what gets updated, that good enough for me.

> I'll get the mtmg page up to speed.

... and I'll fix the links (I knew they were broken...)

> did you bump your head? :o) really hard? lol

Yes. Cope didn't say he left a name lying around and then I tripped over it and fell.

> i can hardly figure how you find time

Correct.

> i mean i cant even think of how much time was put on tall them tracks pictures and info

You can't huh? You and cope did the settings and laps. It sure wasn't me.

As for pics, I posted the trackview post 28-02-2003 and finished the mtm1 page a couple days ago. So that's like ten days for that page... just to rough it in. It'll take a few more to fix up the boo boos.

> it just didn't seem... phinish?

And what, please tell, does seem phinish?

> a fax machine line

So, like, if we send a fax will a missile go off someplace?

Anyway. The links are fixed, and I added a couple to the bottom of the mtmg page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:26 pm 

Just to know, what is the relation between MTMG and track shot?
perhaps i can help with some of those as many updates are initiate from my hof.
If there's something i can do i'll be glad to help ya's out. hehe specially that without cookies or flash i can log in here from work.

Unfortunate i cant log in team SLO's forum [bump]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:55 pm 
Glow Ball

> what is the relation between MTMG and track shot?

Relation? There isn't any. Now if Mal were a woman ...

[:-)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:58 pm 
easy company

I try to make it a habit to scoop up your HOF updates on a regular basis, but if I missed any please send them over and I'll get trackshots back up to speed (pun intended) via email since trackshots is updated manualy in notepad then ftp'd in place.. no fancy shmanshy digital switching system like the professor has [:P]

thanks for the help Jump!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:18 pm 

I dont know much about something switching digital system either. All i know is it's very easy to update it here lol i keep a log of all updates i do on my page. So i'll send mal a copy of that log every few updates i do.
At least you'll know you're not missing anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:10 am 
Trackologist

What!! Mal's not a girl? O man!! I was just about to see if she...ahem, "he" wanted to catch a movie with me some night. LOL

Yeah, with Jump doing the updates here makes much more sense. I know I couldn't keep up with it. Seemed to have too many things going on at once for my feeble mind to juggle. Good stuff!