Post subject: Race, Races, & Racing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:00 pm 
Trackologist

<center>Team SLO's Racing Lists</center>

<center> APL </center>
<center> Alternate Pods </center>
<center> Jump-Cope </center>
<center> Die Hard </center>

If there's anyone out there who either used to race and gave it up because they felt it was a thing of the past, or never tried MTM 2 racing because...well, just because, there's good news! First of all, MTM 2 racing is alive and well. No, it's not quite as robust as it was 3 to 4 years ago, which is to be expected, but it's still here, and it's still a heck of a whole lot of fun!

The purpose of this thread is to inform people that SLO has incorporated what we feel is a logical & efficient format for racing. We picked some of our favorite tracks and made specific track lists from our selections. They're consolidated into a single zip, as well as listed individually, as shown by the links above. Additionally, each list of tracks has an associated pod.ini file, which of course, dictates which tracks/trucks are loaded to the game).

Simply stated, to mount tracks for any of our 4 racing lists, all we do is install the appropriate pod.ini file, and wala - all the tracks for that list are mounted. There's no last minute downloading of tracks for those who don't have a specific 3 or 4 tracks everyone else in the room has. Furthermore, we've eliminated the time consuming and often frustrating hassle of clicking thru dozens of tracks in the game in an attempt to find one everyone has. With our 4 lists collectively we have 230 tracks in common, and let me tell ya, it's absolutely great. The only problem we have is trying to decide which list of tracks to run lol.

So...if you're interested in racing or you like to race, but feel it's a hassle (1.) finding people to race with, and (2.)finding a group of people to race with where you don't spend 30 minutes trying to come to terms on what tracks will be run, give our method a try. With our lists we feel there's something for everyone's taste, and thus far we've had no complaints. Well, we have heard feedback that the downloads are quite large, and they are, especially for dial-up users. However, consider this: if you're on dial-up and you love racing, but the idea of spending a full day (if you get all the lists) downloading kinda kills your motivation & desire to race, trust me when I say the payoff is worth it. Again, if you're a race fan looking for well structured, organized racing, we've got it for ya, and then some.

Pick a list that looks appealing to you then come out and run some tracks with us. If you like how it works and you enjoy yourself, heck go nuts and get the other lists too! There are quite a few people outside the team who have our racing lists. We definitely appreciate their participation, but more importantly, they seem to have a great time racing, which is the point of it all anyway. Image

If you have any questions either catch me online or drop me a
cope@mtm2.com via e-mail. If you don't get a reply within 5 hours of sending your e-mail, MTMG will send you a check for $1,000.00. Now I ask you, is that confidence or what?

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_COPE (13-03-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:49 pm 

Dang i'll send in my emails too. I'l flood your mailbox untill you forget to reply to one hehehehe
Truly worth the download time i can only agree with that.

------------------
Jumper
Only those who will risk going to far can possibly find out how far one can go.

<font size=1>Edited by SLO_Jumper (13-03-2003)</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:20 pm 

The way it been going lately. More and more racers download and race using ours or other lists to race. I think it's fantastic as it's obviously getting easier than ever to coord and find ppl to race with. [:-)] I wouldn't be surprise if this game last another 2 or 3 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:32 pm 
Glow Ball

Agreed. There's nothing worst than DriverX doesn't have this track, DriverY doesn't have this track, DriverZ doesn't have this track. The lists make short work of putting everybody on the same page.

> I wouldn't be surprise if this game last another 2 or 3 years.

Probably, but that's what they were saying five years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:52 pm 

I agree that a list of tracks is a good idea. And it does take time, lots of time to DL the lists. Wish this idea was around 3 to 4 years ago :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:18 am 

Downloading the track lists isn't that bad. Just start the dl and walk away. It'll dl very nicely in its own time.

I used to be on 56k and kept my lists current and up to date, no problems. Just need to set a little time aside for dl'ing.

Now, I 'm not coming down on the ppl with 56k, but everytime I hear someone say a list takes too long to dl or they don't have time, I kinda chuckle. Heck, I did it.

The key is to dl the list before you go into a game room instead of getting into the room and saying "hold on, let me go dl that".

Once again, I'm not pointing fingers or naming names. If the desire is there, you'll find the time to dl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:24 am 

Thing is, you download it all once than you race all year and you'll have plenty of ppl to play with.

hehe either that or chuckle everytime you're trying to find someone to race with. Just be aware that the rule is, it's the host privilege to choose what will be played. And generaly speaking, We run lists. (entire lists) having just a few tracks will likely end up in a situation that leave you on the side.

hehe As for me, instead of being bored in main i'm in the opposite situation. i have all the lists and have so many ppl to play with i have a hard time to be reasonable. I kid you not, i've been playing 5 hours a day lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:21 am 

Hey Im on 56K :)

As for doing one massive DL I cannot..WILL NOT do it! I gotta DL a few at a time like 6-8. Why? ...I cant wait for the whole DL I gotta try out some of them tracks. *Its a sickness* [:P]
I'll get there- worry not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:58 am 
Trackologist

Hehe I hear ya Kruzr. Not sure if you're awere of this, but there's a nifty little utility called a download manager that allows for flexibility where large files are concerned. You could start the ALT list tonight, get 5 meg d/led, quit for a while so you can play (or whatever), then fire up the d/l the next day and pick up exactly where you left off. Furthermore, if your computer locks up, you get a power flux...anything - once you restart the d/l, it starts up right where it left off. Might want to consider that as an option.

I used to be on 56k when I first started this game, and I downloaded tons of tracks, so it can be done. Like SCAT side, if the desire is there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:00 am 

LOL i was on 28,8 modem when i started. hehehe dont ask if wish to go back. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 12:27 am 

Yea I am aware of those programs got one somewhere on a CD. To lazy to go looking for it.

Im set in my ways...