MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 pm

Post subject: vs. computer drags
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:48 am 

Out of all the tracks that are all over the internet, I can't believe there is only ONE drag track that you can actually race the computer on. Garret Lockhart's RCA Jam. Are there any other drag tracks on this World Wide Web that you can race the computer on no matter what lane it starts in? I want more realistic monster truck racing-side by side. MTM2 is more like 4x4 Evolution with monster trucks instead of 4x4s. I'm not putting MTM2 down, I'm just saying if I wanted to play a 4x4 game I'll play 4x4evo (or evo2). Sorry, had to vent about that. Anyway, does anyone know where I can find more tracks like RCA Jam that you can race the computer on?

Post subject: Re: vs. computer drags
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:16 pm 
The Dog House

Cant help with the drags, dont run them.

HockeyUltima wrote:
MTM2 is more like 4x4 Evolution with monster trucks instead of 4x4s. I'm not putting MTM2 down, I'm just saying if I wanted to play a 4x4 game I'll play 4x4evo (or evo2). Sorry, had to vent about that.

MTM2, is a GRAND OLE GAME. Some may agree with you, but most HERE wont.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:38 pm 
Trackologist

I'm no drag track enthusiast, however, am I to understand that you've run every drag track on this site and you've only come across one where the computer trucks are programmed to run the course? Have you raced online against others by chance? When I first started out I would race offline against the computer trucks, and that was fine. But after experiencing the thrill of racing against others, well...there's just no comparison. Have you ever tried racing against others?

If you've never raced onlone against others. If not, but you're interested, there are two guys I highly suggest getting in touch with: RobbyH14 (RobbyH14@yahoo.com) & NIRc_uLtRaMaX_ (Graberbootie@msn.com). You might consider getting ahold of those two for more info on drags. Good luck!! :)

Oh, and if by chance you're open to other MTM formats...check out our site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:22 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

I'm the last person to help anyone with questions on drags tracks, but I know you haven't ran them all, because I know of many that I have ran as beta tests for a couple guys years ago, that you can race the bot trucks.

Look for tracks made by Blizzard, Garret, and RobbyH14 who had or was working on a couple too.

BTW, originally when monster trucks ran outside, they just didn't just run over cars in reality. They crossed rivers, hill climbs, mud pits, pulled sleds, ran obstacle courses, etc. If you like the indoor arena stuff, then by all means, run drags. But those of us that love to race, and do it outside in a very large truck, we'll stick with our race tracks.

Evo has nothing on us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:21 pm 

My only problem with racing online is the fact that everyone seems to want to do rumbles, and every time I see a host that is racing...its locked. I hate rumbles. I apolgize now to anyone who thinks rumbles in MTM is good, but I think it is the most ridiculous thing in the world. I mean, monster trucks "wrestling?" PLEASE! Anyway, when I host a race, no one joins. *sigh* I just prefer the drags because its more realistic. Now if you can point me to a person (or people) that host and run races, drag or otherwise, I would like that very much. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:48 pm 

http://www.mtm2draggers.net/

http://www.vales.com/mtm2/MainForum.asp

Those are your two best bets....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:29 pm 
Trackologist

Hockey we race quite a bit, and yes, our rooms remain locked, but it's to keep out people who tend to be disruptive, rude, flooders and the like; not to discourage those who want to race. Additionally, we run add-on tracks, not stocks. Specifically, we run "lists" of add-on tracks. Yep, the downloads are big, and the initial setup is time consuming, but once you have a few lists under your belt and everything's set, it's great.

If you're serious about racing, then it's the way to go. The people who do race in the Zone have our lists, so pick up one or two and come join us. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:50 pm 

...IT owuld be neat to watch the MTM2 hard core track racers take on Hardcore MTM2 drag racers and vice versa...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:57 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

If you want to find a league or something for drags, go register over at KC's. That's where most of the draggers hang out.

Some people, like me, get real defensive when you come here and bad mouth racing. At KC's you'll find all the drag talk you can tolerate.

Like what you like, I just wanted to point you in the right direction.
http://vales.com/mtm2/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:27 pm 
Trackologist

Quote:
...IT owuld be neat to watch the MTM2 hard core track racers take on Hardcore MTM2 drag racers and vice versa...lol

Hehe I think it would be fairly predictable; the racers would get demolished trying to do drags, and the draggers would get used and abused on circuits and rallies. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:37 pm 

SLO_COPE wrote:
Quote:

Hehe I think it would be fairly predictable; the racers would get demolished trying to do drags, and the draggers would get used and abused on circuits and rallies. :)

Well cope, maybe not look at it like this.

Crictures- Good at turning and keeping a truck balanced going fast.
Dragers- Good at going over and around obsticals (such as polls) and carying speed as they do it

So I think where it would all even out is in turns and stright aways. Cricut races would most likely swamp dragers there, but if it was a obstical on a stright away, dragers might have the uper hand

Same with drag racing. sence circut racers know how to shave f lots of times on turns, they would have no probs on oval, J's and 3 car crash round (thats what i call it lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:14 pm 

Quote:
Crictures (circuit racers?)- Good at turning and keeping a truck balanced going fast.

Dragers- Good at going over and around obsticals (such as polls) and carying speed as they do it

I thing the second description also applies to the racers. I've raced on many tracks that required you to circumnavigate obstacles and going over objects without wiping out. it all depends on the track.

In my opinion, the only skill draggers need that racers do not is having the fastest reflexes when the starting flag drops. Clearing jumps, taking hairpin turns quickly, etc all apply to the racers as well as the short track draggers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:18 pm 

Gota admit, a small weekend event of 4 dragers vs 4 racers in the dragers fav drag, racers favrote race...then wrap it all up with freestyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:23 pm 

Sounds interesting but not nearly as much fun as getting a rumbler on a race track. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:57 pm 

Woody wrote:
Sounds interesting but not nearly as much fun as getting a rumbler on a race track. :D
Oh god, that would just be funny. Rumblers might be good at free style