MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:20 am

Post subject: Bin/Obj model converter with retaining texture mapping
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:55 am 

Recently I've wrote a utility that converts bin models to obj files, retaining the texture coordinates/mapping, and then converting the raw/act files to bitmaps. You could then import/open them in your favorite modeler and make your tweaks or start a new obj model and then convert it back retaining the texture coordinates and then converting it all back. I need to make some finishing touches on it and then I will post it. BinEdit is a great program but with the lack of importing and also mouse support it can be very cumbersome trying to actually accomplish anything, at least for me. Generally I do my modeling with a program called Milkshape, maybe some of you have heard of it. Pretty comprehensive program for editing. I would strongly suggest anyone trying to learn to model to check it out. It supports a ton of file formats. It also allows for using plugins to extend it capabilities. I've started working with the SDK (Software development kit) to create a plugin that imports/exports bin models directly but that hasn't made it to a release version yet. Keep on truckin'.

-Jpez1432
-jpez1432@gmail.com

Post subject: Re: Bin/Obj model converter with retaining texture mapping
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:33 pm 

lmao look into Lightwave 3D Modeler. That's your .obj modifier, and a dang good one.