MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

Post subject: Hey Winterkill..about your MTM1toMTM2 fixit
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 8:02 am 

This thing is awesome!! I can actually run MTM1 tracks that have night backdrops in MTM2 now...used to be a complete mess. Some of my all time favorites were night based MTM1 tracks. Also I dont know if this is just me but textures look smoother now on MTM1 tracks when run in MTM2...might just be the track I was running. Well Im gonna download some great MTM1 oldies and check em out with this. Great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 1:50 pm 

Thanks, I'm glad you appreciate it! I've only run the MTM1 demo but I have loved MTM1 tracks in MTM2 almost since the day I bought the game, and this fix-it pod really enhances the experience. I'm sure many people don't even know that MTM2 plays MTM1 tracks or that there are so many great old MTM1 tracks worth playing.

For those who don't know about it: MTM to MTM2 (mtm2mtm2.pod) is a pod containing fixed versions of all MTM1 track props that do not display correctly in MTM2. All models with an MTM1 transparent face type "shine through" the terrain in MTM2 tracks, as commonly seen with MTM1 checkpoint banners. Nearly all known models with face type problems have been upgraded to MTM2 face types and included in this POD. By mounting this POD at the top of your POD.INI file it will replace all instances of models with MTM1 face types in all of your mounted tracks, making your driving experience much more enjoyable.

Get it here: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Corridor/9018/fixes.htm

I have just this moment uploaded a new version with a few new bins, so ya'll go it if ya want it.

Anyway, the current version has 102 fixed bins in it. It includes OP's Dark Star backdrop for mtm1, which I converted for proper display in mtm2, as you have seen Image As of a few days ago it also contains another converted custom made mtm1 night/stars backdrop along with some nice custom bins from the track LunaR by ShadowRuleZ's, a pretty nice track. <a href=http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/6918/mtm.html>Get LunaR here.</a>

Note: one thing it cannot do is add backdrops to tracks that were built without them, so if you discover tracks with the severe hall of mirrors effect the only thing to do is edit the track's SIT file and give it one. This is an easy task, but you end up with a whole new "version" of the pod.

An hey, please let me know if you find anything that should be included in this fix!

As for the texture difference between mtm1 and mtm2, I dunno about overall quality but one thing you will notice is that mtm1 textures do not tile correctly in mtm2, you will see a visible line between the tiles. This is due to the introduction of a 2 pixel overlap in mtm2 terrain textures, thus any textures made without the two pixel overlap will not be truly seamless in mtm2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 10:51 pm 

Quote:
Note: one thing it cannot do is add backdrops to tracks that were built without them

heh I had this thing doing things it cant didnt I? Since then I see what you mean by adding backdrops to tracks that dont have them..Ive run across a few since my last post. Try this track with your fixit and without..its one that really benefits from it...and its a pretty cool track. Its called Head Hurts Track by NKA_Duuks..get it here:
Duuks Track Page at the NKA Team Site
Im getting the newer version of your fixit now...this is a keeper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 1:17 pm 

Yep, 'tis a good track, and I can see it's stuffed with models I've converted. The difference is... like night and day Image