MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

Post subject: Lotsa Utilities....
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 3:14 pm 

Go to my MTM2 web page because i think i've got the biggest collection of MTM2 utilites on the net.Today i updated my page and now have exactly 60 utils.Lots of MDMRE and many other too.Tell me whatcha think about it!

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au
---> Http://come.to/HMTM2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2000 10:45 pm 

I think you have way too much time on your hands....

------------------
Where am I? My head hurts! Shouldn't of had those drinks last night....

-kooloky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 1:20 pm 

lol i think i do too.sought've well at the moment i do but in a week i have to go back to school.I wont have so much time on my hands then.Anyway do you reckon thats the biggest amount of utilities you've ever seen?

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 1:52 pm 
Glow Ball

Too much time on your hands? I don't think so. Good page hacman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2000 2:44 pm 

Thanks Phineus,

You wont believe it i've still got another 20 or so MTM2 utils to put on.Phineus do you think that my utils page has more utils than any other MTM2 web page,i do.So what do yous think bout my site.I cant believe i've already gotten over 60 visitors its only been on the net for about a week.About my infamous MTM2 remakes they will be put on (screenshots,downloads and all) in september.

My site is coming along pretty nicely, any suggestions?

Oh i also noticed all the links on my message board are broken.(that will soon be fixed)

Check out some of my trucks.I made a fire engine from a MTM1 model (Its cool) i also made a dodge & a really dumb chuck wagon.

Plz download all my stuff and test it out kooloky & Phineus.About my tracks (well some of them are really big and i am concentrating on the Utils section at the moment.

Last of all have yous noticed any mistakes or dead links.

Dont mean to be rude Phineus but is my site good enough to go on the MTMG summer site of the week or does it need a bit more work?

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 12:23 am 

Hac, Here's a tip for you and every other webmaster with a utilty section: If a utilty maker has a homepage of their own then you would do well to link to it rather than ONLY posting their utilities, do both, you never know when an author might update their stuff. Green Giant for example has asked that people not distribute his utilities themselves but rather point everyone to his page so he can gauge the interest/downloads his work has generated, and due to his page being very much alive there is no excuse not to respect his wishes. But you and several others I've seen have not done that. You guys are proud of the hits your pages received yet you deny GG his own. I'm not being harsh, sorry if I sound that way, I'm just laying down the facts here trying to get people to think.

I frankly don't understand why webmasters must alwasy take other peoples work and post it on their own pages rather than point a link to the source. My own work on the GOLD codes and beyond has been taken and put on three different sites that I know of. Do I care? no. But I simply wonder why a link to my page wasn't enough. Now when I update my own page the others scattered about will not be! You Hac-man, I thank you for the credit you gave me, and I suppose it's cool that you completely reworked the data using your own words and stuff, you personalized it nicely, though it was my exact format and work you "hac'ed" up. Image I'm happy to see the info shared so please understand I'm not complaining. Anyway...

I see your forums are modeled after the MTMG setup. And I recall back when you wanted to copy most of the mtmg models sections to put on your own site. The point is... why reinvent thr freaking wheel man? Make your own unique content and be a part of the community. Don't haul everything off to your own private island. Image

As for your site, it looks great. You can count me as several of those hits you're counting. ;-)

I think you should take KC's advice, your page is deadly slow loading and near useless due to being on Xoom.

I cannot speak for Phineus of course but I'd say your site is not yet ready to be a featured link, due to most of your own links not yet working! In the end though, I think you'll have a fantastic site on your hands. It looks good, is well organized and should have some useful content. Just try and make the content your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 12:20 pm 

Thanks Winterkill i will add a new column onto the table with an url also.I dont know why i didn't do it i was planning to but i forgot.Anyway i'll update it.As for the message board i'm not trying to beat the MTMG or anything i'm just the type of person who likes to have a bit of everything on his site.Thats why my sidebar has so many selections.Another thing most of the links DO work except a couple here and there but hey my site has only been on the internet for a bit over a week.As for the cheats section AT LEAST I GAVE YOU CREDIT.As for my site being on xoom i have no choice unless there is some other server which gives you unlimited space because i've got over 1GB of stuff to upload and i dont want my site to be on 100000 other servers and i dont have the money for my own server yet maybe in a year or so i'll buy my own server and make my url WWW.HACMANIA.COM or something but until then it will have to stay on xoom.I can load HMTM2 within about the same time as KC's page and i have a 33.3k modem so its not thaat slow to make it load faster i did get rid of all my fancy javascript.

Anyway the point is a like to have a bit of everything on my site and a MTM site wouldn't be complete without a message board.

And i'm not trying to be the best MTM2 site on the net i just want to have a bit of everything on my site.

Anyway thanks for visiting my site and i'll take all your suggestions down and put them on my site.Including the urls in the utils section.

For everyone else....

I've uploaded another 8 or so utilities to my web page so go & check them out....

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 12:28 pm 

By the way the reason why i DONT link to other pages zip files of the utility is because very often they could get rid of it and i will have a broken link to deal with.But i will add another column onto thend of the table which has their home page as a seperate url.But thats the reason why i upload all the utils to my web page so there wont be any broken links

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2000 3:23 pm 

Hey there Hacman, although I used your name I must admit my words were aimed at a much wider audience than yourself., so I hope you won't take it all too personally.

I generally prefer to get utilities from their original source and like seeing the context in which they're presented. So links to pages are always great to have. Especially when there are active pages for the utilities in question, like Green Giant's page, the Podzip homepage, Oliver Pieper's mtm pages, etc. I'm certainly not trying to make extra work for you, so just take what advice as seems good to you. Image I seem to be on roll today, for giving out cautionary advice, hehe. (MDMRE's page and idiotic installer can go straight out the window though. ;-)

As for Xoom, I'm a bit strong when speaking of it because as a surfer, pages at Xoom drive me crazy with their unreliability and their slow loading. I've been to your site once and read the entire text in the right frame and still NOTHING of the menu had yet loaded in the left. I know thats basically out of your control, but I think it worth bringing to your attention. I realize Xoom's value too, I own an account or two Image

As for GOLD, I smiled when I first saw your pages, you truly made it your own, so more power to you. For the record, my policy for my own work is to share things freely and without restriction.

I understand you're still under construction, and as I said, you're doing great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 12:30 pm 

I took your advice and i added another column to my utils table which has a link to their home page but i've forgotten a couple of urls.One is GreenGiannts page and the otehr is the PodZIP Home Page.Can u plz tell me them so i can add them.U just haven't uploaded the page yet.But still the collection of utils is great i reckon

About the sidebar, I'm trying to find a site which puts NO banners on your pages and i will mix the pages between xoom & the other server.that should make things go ALOT quicker.But so far i've had no luck in finding a server that puts no adds of any type on your pages.Do you know any?

Anyway i've gotta go and Keep On Hackin' cya

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 5:08 am 
Crosswinds doesn't put adds, but I don't know if I'd recommend them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 10:52 am 

Well i've done a biggish sought've update to my page. I have a link to the home pages of most of the utilities and i've added a section called Monster Links which has lots of links to MTM1 & 2 sites (There shouldn't be any broken links cause i visited every single one of them personally)Go to the help files i've added a couple of sections to the MDMRE one.TraxxHelp1.2 is nearly finished go check them out.My HMTM2 bulletin Board is not finished but the links are there so go post some messages there.The thing that most of yous will be intersted in is that i now have an alternate sidebar so that you's with slow internet connection speeds can still view HMTM2.Lots of other stuff too.This is likely going to be one of the last updates to HMTM2 because my internet connection on my Home PC has nearly ran out (ITS A PREPAID CARD) so i'll have to use the internet at my school but they have no uploading programs so until september or something when the next school holidays (in australia) there will not be any updates to HMTM2.

I'm pretty impressed with the amount of people that came.In 2 weeks i've nearly gotten 100 visitors.My average amount of people a day has been 10.So just because HMTM2 isn't being updates dont think i've lost interest.In september the Home Pages for PR4MTM2 & MTM2MARS May be up depending on how many more people i get who wanna help withe the screenshots & BIN's and pod racers & vehicles.

Cya

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2000 6:29 pm 

*beep*. I wanted to visit your site. To check the utilities (i just love to search sites for utilities. It's a hobby of mine, LOL). But xoom doesn't let me. Once it says i am not authorized and if i try again, it says that the site is unavailable. Image

------------------
May the Trucks be w/ me.

Fila

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 11:50 am 

I had a timeout whenever i tried to load the page. I'm fixing this. In about 3 weeks HMTM2 will be alot better and the utilites section will be much better with about 85 utilities. So visit it in about 3 weeks and you might be lucky if your having the same error as me

------------------
---> HAC-MAN
---> Keep On Hackin'
---> Hacman@start.com.au
---> Http://Come.to/HMTM2