MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

Post subject: Looking for good help
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 1:27 pm 
I've been working the last couple of weeks attempting to crack into the data files for the game 1nsane, by codemasters. I'm wondering if I could get some help by some folks who are more of the programming type, to help extract some data files from the main map files. They are in a format called IDF. Someone has created a utility to extract some .pcx files and .wav files, but there are many more files in the .idf including the altitude map that it does not extract. I you can help or know someone who can help with this project, please contact me at ICQ#30606690 or email davewick@mc.net or reply to this message. I've emailed the developer of the game, Invictus (www.invictus.hu), but have not recieved a reply or any help from that side.

Thanks for the help...

- Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2001 5:55 pm 
Glow Ball

That's a tall order. Without knowing the data structures, it is nearly impossible to figure out without some advanced reverse engineering. I've heard you can extract things using hexeditors but that's more than I know at this stage. I would not be surprised to hear that codemasters and invictus are protective of their file formats. Sorry I don't have more for you.