MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

Post subject: PODium 1.0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2000 4:11 pm 
Glow Ball

Dark Fortress has recently released a new version of Podium, re-written from scratch. It has many new features and looks like it's worth a look-see.

http://ereet.home.dhs.org/

------------------
- Phineus

Edit: the download at mtmg as been updated too.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 12-03-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2000 9:23 pm 
Glow Ball

Wouldn't you know it, shortly after I find v1.0 the guy releases v1.1. That in itself can only be a good thing. However, I tried out the program, which looks great by the way, but I had a problem. If anyone is interested in confirming for me, would you please check the option that says "turn on kooky horns" and let me know if it causes an error in the game. The guy says he could not reproduce what was happening to me, so doesn't know how to correct it. Thanks. Btw, if it does cause the error, just copy the old monster.ini file back into the mtm2 directory and all is well again.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2000 2:37 am 
What is it?

I went to the site when you first mentioned it.

There's a section that says "What is it - a useful utility"

Thanks - very informative.

But of course that's followed up by: "Features - I'll fill this in later, just go download it."

What would I be downloading?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2000 5:21 am 
Glow Ball

It's a podding program, that's okay, but he's putting in extra features too. It can unzip like winpod, and he's working on things that will tweak the monster.ini automatically. Right now he's got it so you can add and remove torture pit and the kooky horns. But he plans to add the alternate messages as well as crop the high score file. I think he has some good ideas and he's "actively" working on it, so I thought it would be nice to show some support and maybe even offer some feedback, like beta testing and stuff. Goodness knows, we can use all the utilities we can get - this would be a way to help ourselves out.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 13-01-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 9:39 am 
Glow Ball

Well, version 1.2 is out and has a few new features, including changing the loc files. Bug fixes too now apparently and no separate runtime files.
http://ereet.home.dhs.org/

I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will sometime this week.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 8:17 am 

I really like this thing. Ive been using Podulator for about 2 years now (or however long its been around)..but I just made the switch to PODium. I love how easy you can place pods wherever you want...and I think they stay where you put them. I've never used any other versions of this so I dont know much about it...but I know as far as podding goes this is the best Ive used.

Pic of PODium

"alas sweet Podulator I knew ye well" (I hardly knew thee??)
...ShakesDog Image

[This message has been edited by SolarDog (edited 30-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SolarDog (edited 30-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SolarDog (edited 31-05-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SolarDog (edited 02-06-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 3:21 am 
Glow Ball

SolarDog, I agree. This program has so much potential is incredible. Unfortunately, however, Podium 1.2 is buggy - and seriously so. I'm afraid that I can no longer recommend it's use and have already removed it from the mtmg utility page. Moreover, I will not be putting it back unless I can see a properly functioning version.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 4:12 am 

I agree Phineus. I got all excited and spoke too soon and its back to good old never a problem Podulator for me. You want me to delete that post? or you can if you want..I dont want to mislead anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 4:56 am 
Glow Ball

Nope, please leave your post. pic is optional. I'm not a fan of censorship. There is value in this as it is. All that glitters, you know..... If somebody cannot read the whole thread, then they'll find out the hard way. But find out they will regardless.

In the meantime, try PodIt. It will recognize one level (but as many as you like) of subfolders in the mtm directory, it won't scramble the pod order, and it will remove deleted pods from the list. Over all, the best yet. However, if you put all the pods in the mtm2 folder, podini is as stable as it gets.

For the rest, I will say no more. I have no intention of creating scandal on the bbs (save that for the main). Who knows, if blackwind can get his act together, there's probably a great utility here. But, for me, it's lost the benefit of doubt. I'll try to keep an open mind if it comes my way, but I've given up on the chase (a rarity).

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 1:41 pm 
Glow Ball

There has been some guy named Leo spamming the internet about the new version of this utility. Between flooding and messages with questionable merit, I'm relaying the news myself here. Apparently Podium is now up to v1.4. If anybody has the time to check it out, please let us know what we can expect from it. Please be objective in all commentary. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 13-01-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 2:28 am 
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phineus:
<B>There has been some guy named Leo spamming the internet about the new version of this utility. Between flooding and messages with questionable merit, I'm relaying the news myself here. Apparently Podium is now up to v1.4. If anybody has the time to check it out, please let us know what we can expect from it. Please be objective in all commentary. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 13-01-2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please eccept my deep apoligy.
I am somewhat new to the form's.
I just wanted to drum up support so he would keep working on it.. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 2:35 am 
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEO:
<B>
Quote:
Originally posted by Phineus:
There has been some guy named Leo spamming the internet about the new version of this utility. Between flooding and messages with questionable merit, I'm relaying the news myself here. Apparently Podium is now up to v1.4. If anybody has the time to check it out, please let us know what we can expect from it. Please be objective in all commentary. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Phineus (edited 13-01-2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please eccept my deep apoligy.
I am somewhat new to the form's.
I just wanted to drum up support so he would keep working on it.. Image

NO MORE SPAM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:24 am 

Thought I should post more info for you..
I have been useing PODium for since 1.2.1
as for the confige to use the hacks..Don't use it! never used the extracter ether. Only found 1 bug, when storing tracks in a dir. other than MTM dir. PODium would rite the path as D:\Games\Terminal Reality\Track's\MTM\whaever.pod....
And MTM would only recignize D:\Games\Termin~1\Track's\MTM\whaever.pod....
He said this will be fixed.
And he added the feature to select a default browse dir. in option's path tab..and support for muliple dir's Image This was a big plus..
I was disappointed with the way 4x4 delt with pod's, so I played with PODium and found out it worked with 4x4..
Except 4x4 did not have the read problem you know the dos ~1 thingy.(no bug's What so ever) Image
Then I was jumping for joy Image
and started my quest to drum up support for blackwind to add 4x4 to PODium.
I am very disapointed Image to say that I am convinced Blackwind will no longer work on PODium any more. But he did say he mite release the code for someone els to continue the work Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 3:30 am 

<u>How To get PODium 1.4 to work with 4x4Evo.</u>
clic tools readd MTM2 regvalues, insted of going to monster.exe go to 4x4.exe then cilk refresh and there you go!! your set..
BUT if you want to go back and play MTM you have to do the same thing and readd regvalues
to MTM monster.exe

[This message has been edited by LEO (edited 03-03-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2001 12:19 pm 

Update
The above is no longer valid with
PODium 1.51
you can read a tuteral here

[This message has been edited by LEO (edited 07-03-2001).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 6:15 am 

seems like an interesting prog. I started reading this thread at version 1 now it is upto 1.7
here is the officaial page: http://bw.computer-chronics.com/PODium.htm

------------------
Visit my site