MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

Post subject: Instructions on what to do after downloading tracked2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:15 pm 

Hey every one!! I need some help. This might just sound like another stupid question, and I'm sorry about that, but I sure could use the help. I need some one to give me instructions on what to do after I've downloaded tracked2. Thanks to all that'll help me out.

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:48 am 
easy company

go to the link below and click on truck making, you'll find help there, I suggest you bookmark it while your there, you'll need it...

MTMG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:00 am 

Uh, I didn't find anything. Just a bunch of stuff I looked over a hundred times.

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:20 am 
Glow Ball

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheMan9800#1:
This might just sound like another stupid question<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No apologies necessary, but, by the same token, you're not giving us much to respond too. Are you making tracks or trucks? If you've downloaded it, what did you do next? I suggest copying it to the mtm folder and double clicking. Then you can tell us what you see and where you want to go from there. If you've already done that, one of three things might have happened: you see the menu, you see psychodelic colors, you see a black screen. The first should be slightly intuitive. The other two indicate graphic card incompatibility or unfriendly game settings. Let us know more and we'll see from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:26 am 

I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I would like to make trucks. I have already downloaded tracked 2. I haven't unziped tracked 2 yet but if I do, what do I do? How about you tell me what you did when you downloaded tracked 2? By the way, I haven't done anything since I downloaded tracked 2 (Probably since I didn't know where to go from there). Once I downloaded tracked 2, I clicked on it. There were three buttons:

1: Podman
2: The Read Me File
3: Tracked2

I clicked on Podman and Tracked 2. A message came up saying: "This application may depend on other compressed files in this folder. For the application to run properly, it is recommended that you extract all files. Then three choices:

1: Extract All
2: Run
3: Cancel

I checked the Read Me file but that didn't help. What should I do ? Thanks for everything your doing to help me.

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

[This message has been edited by TheMan9800#1 (edited 01-07-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:53 am 
Glow Ball

>>I would like to make trucks.

http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/trucks/intro.html

That will get you started. Begin with mdmre's repaint tutorial. It will answer most of your questions and get you on your way.

>>I have already downloaded tracked 2

Tracked2 will only assemble the parts into a new truck pod. There are instruction at the above link about how to do that. But you must have the parts (body, tires, paint) done already before tracked2 can help you. Also note that tracked2 doesn't work on all computers (doesn't work on mine right now). It's a very tempermental program. But not to fear, there's plenty of other tools to get the job done.

-----

I read your post, and by the time I clicked reply, you had updated your post, lol.

You're in the right direction. Have a look at mdmre's repaint tutorial. I think you'll be happy with it.

Briefly, these are the steps.

Extract the files
Rename the bin model, graphic textures and trk files you want to use
Repaint the graphics
Replace the textures in the bin
Edit the trk file
Make a lst file
Create a new pod

This will all become clear after doing mdmre's tutorial.

Once you're comfortable with this, you can move up to editing and modifying the models or even creating your own from scratch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:22 am 

Is there a link that you know of that show's me I can down load tracked 2 and also the instructions on how to down load it and get it up and running? I think that's what I need for my problem.

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:49 am 

Once I extract all files, do I then run tracked 2? Where should I put the extracted files?

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:22 am 
easy company

MTMG

Uh, I didn't find anything. Just a bunch of stuff I looked over a hundred times.

if that were true you wouldn't ask these questions... it's all there you just need to take the time to read it all..

I just put all the mtm2 editing programs in my mtm2 folder and run them from there, works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:02 am 

To Malibu350: Sorry about that quirk. It just spilled out.

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:07 am 

Another stupid sounding question: I guess it would help if I unzip the contents of tracked2.zip into my MTM2 directory huh? Anything else I should do?

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:30 am 
easy company

yeah, unzipping is manditory Image... it's been a long time for me but I believe TrackED2 will only run from the mtm2 directory where the game is installed, or maybe I'm thinking trackED3? lol... but like I said that's where I keep mine along with all the mdmre programs and I have no problems whatsoever...

another good site for you to check out would be D2S's tutorial there's alot there including tracked2 help under programs...

most of all you'll need patience, nobody except maybe Phin learned all this in one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:06 pm 

OK, let me see if I have everything straight. If not let me know. I unzip the files and put tracked2 in the mtm2 directory where the Monster Truck Madness 2 game is at. How can I get to this directory? (possibly another stupid sounding question). Thanks to Phineus and Malibu350 for being so patient with me. You guys are the greatest.

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

[This message has been edited by TheMan9800#1 (edited 02-07-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:29 am 

Go to MY COMPUTER then click on the C drive, click on programs, then microsoft games, then monster truck madness 2

------------------
Wyld Stallyns Rule!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:15 am 

Seems simple enough, Duh!

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:57 am 
Trackologist

Might be a good idea to create a shortcut to your MTM 2 directory on your desktop or someplace where you can easily access it. I mean, if you hadn't thought of that by chance. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:13 am 

I unziped the files. Then went to MY COMPUTER, C Drive, Programs, Microsoft Games, Monster Truck Madness 2 and put tracked2 there. I clicked on Podman. A message popped up saying: make sure that this program is in your Monster Truck Madness directory! I then clicked on tracked2 and it didn't start up. What's wrong now?

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

[This message has been edited by TheMan9800#1 (edited 02-07-2002).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:33 am 
Glow Ball

My friend. Your ambition and determination are admirable. Really they are. But please, do not get obsessively stuck on tracked2. It is not the only tool for making trucks. And it does not work on all computers. Do not work ahead of yourself. That will only lead to frustration. If you need to ask questions about how to copy files or goto folders, then I strongly urge you to learn How to use Windows Explorer before you try to make tracks and trucks. Do that first. Then, come back and do mdmre's repaint tutorial. Nobody can help you do more if you don't do that first. I understand this may sound discouraging, but really it's the best thing you can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:05 am 

Know of any other good truck editing programs? The computer I have is Microsoft's Windows 98 Plus!

------------------
Go Big or Go Home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:57 am 
Glow Ball

<font size="5">DO THAT FIRST. THEN, COME BACK AND DO MDMRE'S REPAINT TUTORIAL.</font>