MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

Post subject: fancy little startup program
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:32 pm 
Hey everybody,
I am a mtm2 racer, and i always drive the race lists from team SLO. However i've always hated the changing of the list. Took to long :-)
my computer-program files-microsoft games-monster truck madness2-then copy and paste that pod.ini file.
So i asked my bro if he could make something to make it easier to change those lists.
Well, it's finished, and i think he did a great job. It works with podit.exe, and with podini2.exe
Well, just check it out at this link : http://users.pandora.be/riptor/mtmstarter
You see a small explanation of how it works and what you need to run it, and then you can still choose if you want to install it or not.
Hope you do, and you like it as much as i do :-)

Greeeettttzz
OLD_mumhra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:30 pm 
Trackologist

Oooooooooooooooh this is slick! A very nice little utility, mum--darn nice! When Jump and I came up with the idea of track lists and swapping .ini files, we thought we were onto something cool. But this program REALLY makes our little innovation seem like a masterstroke lol.

If you don't mind, I'm going to put it on our utility page, make a post in our forum about it, as well as put a post on our News & Updates page! By all means tell your brother that Team SLO thanks him...sincerely!

Finally, I have to tell ya mum, you were doing it the hard way, man lol. I have shorts to my MTM 2 folder and podini2 in my quick launch bar. I would open the MTM 2 folder, go in the subfolder to whatever list I wanted to run, copy the .ini, back out to the root MTM 2 folder, paste and overwrite - took me all of 6 or 7 seconds to do. However, the MTM 2 Starter cuts that time in half, and it's significantly more convenient. Again, excellent stuff, mum!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:39 am 
Well, my younger bro's program still is new, and already there is a new version on the market. :-)
I still thought this program was missing something, and obviously my bro thought the same thing.
When you want to make permanent changes to a list, you still had to copy and paste that pod.ini. Now the program asks if the changes are permanent, and when you click yes, changes are made to your original pod.ini.

So if you already have it, renew it, and if you don't, down it. :-)
Link still is http://users.pandora.be/riptor/mtmstarter/

P.S. Yes cope, you are allowed to put this on SLO_forum. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:18 am 

Hiya mumhra, I have no use for it but I appreciate the effort anyway, so "thanks" to you and your brother, on behalf of all who it may help.

>> <a href=http://users.boardnation.com/~n8/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=286>If you don't mind, I'm going to put it on our utility page, make a post in our forum about it, as well as put a post on our News & Updates page!</a>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:39 am 
Trackologist

Yeah, unless you have a setup like we have, it's not going to be of much use to ya. For those who have our track lists, however...well, it wouldn't surprise me if some people offered up their first born in exchange for this baby lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:01 am 

Nice, I'm not gonna use it but I am glad that the ini swapping program finally got made.
Nice.

------------------
Visit my site