MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:26 pm 
easy company

2.0 test release 22 (august 21 2003) is the last build released.

If you find anything let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:15 am 

I too have had some errors.

Several times I saved a file under a new name using SAVE AS, but when I look later, the file is not there or anywhere.

Many times after I save the file, I close the existing window and click the folder icon to open a new BIN, and B.E. closes itself.

On ONE occasion, I received this error message, if it's any help:

My set-up is...

Pentium 1 ghz
WinXP-pro
Voodoo5 5500 3D card
384 meg mem
Binedit build 22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:16 am 

Quote:
If you find anything let me know.

okie dokie.

well im still getting an sharing violation when opening a file that is already open. even if its the only one open.

also when "resizing" a model to insert in to itself and make a full bin, it centers the bin that is resized.

http://legwon.biz/pics/be_err1-2.jpg
http://legwon.biz/pics/be_err1-3.jpg
http://legwon.biz/pics/be_err1-4.jpg
http://legwon.biz/pics/be_err1-5.jpg

i also recieved an error like BD did, but it didnt kick in to take a pic of it [bump]

my system..
Win XP Pro
1.3 ghz
256 mb ram
16mb Nvidia Vanta
BinEdit Build 22

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:28 pm 

I started receiving my error several times now, so I started Hypersnap once before binedit, so I could take the pic...

I have also received Legwon's error as well...... opening a duplicate model window of the truck body I am workng on, I get the shared error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:39 pm 
easy company

>> Several times I saved a file under a new name using SAVE AS, but when I look later, the file is not there or anywhere.

I have been using 'save as' quite a bit lately but haven't seen that yet.
Do you have the 'always save to default model directory' checked under prefferences?

>> Many times after I save the file, I close the existing window and click the folder icon to open a new BIN, and B.E. closes itself.

I've experienced that one and it's frustrating because it happens very infrequently and I cannot force it to happen, It is being looked into and hopefully we can find the cause soon.. If you can recreate this crash at will please let me know.

>> On ONE occasion, I received this error message, if it's any help:

It is a help. It would also be a big help if I knew what you did just before the assertion came up so I can recreate it here and debug it.

>> well im still getting an sharing violation when opening a file that is already open. even if its the only one open.

This is not a bug. You can insert the same model into itself but you cannot open two instances of the same model in two separate widows unless they have two different names. There's a few reason for this failsafe, one of which is to overwrite protect. So if you do need two of the same open at once name one truck1.bin then another truck2.bin etc.

>> also when "resizing" a model to insert in to itself and make a full bin, it centers the bin that is resized.

This is not nessesarily a bug but a side effect of adding the ability to resize, rotate, and translate face and vertice groups within the same model. isolating then centering the groups was necesary but rendered the old mirror trick less efficient, I apologize for that and plan on installing a direct mirror function asap. In the meantime if you save the vertice group before resizing then after you reinsert it you can reselect that group then translate it by holding alt+shift+X (neg) or alt+X (pos)

>> I started receiving my error several times now, so I started Hypersnap once before binedit,...

Again while pics are helpfull it would be more so if I knew what was done to bring up the assertion so I can recreate it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:26 pm 

>> Several times I saved a file under a new name using SAVE AS, but when I look later, the file is not there or anywhere.

>I have been using 'save as' quite a bit lately but haven't seen that yet.

same here, havnt seen that.

>> well im still getting an sharing violation when opening a file that is already open. even if its the only one open.

>This is not a bug. You can insert the same model into itself but you cannot open two instances of the same model in two separate widows

my bad, i didnt have "Active window" mode on.

>> also when "resizing" a model to insert in to itself and make a full bin, it centers the bin that is resized.

This is not nessesarily a bug but a side effect of adding the ability to resize, rotate, and translate face and vertice groups within the same model.

makes sense :idea:

>>I apologize for that and plan on installing a direct mirror function asap.

kool [tu]

another one about "Active window mode", it doesnt stay on... :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:58 pm 
easy company

>> another one about "Active window mode", it doesnt stay on...

ahhh, that's not good.

I'm going to push to get these things and a few other minor bugs adressed and 2.1 out asap.

thanks for the help guys..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:25 am 

The error I was getting was appearing right after remapping a portion of the model, then clicking OK to close the mapping window....

I'll keep track of more details the next time I get errors.