MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 pm

Post subject: Why?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:28 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

Does Winpod lock up when I try to run it?

2 days ago, I had to format. I lost everything, and I'm finally almost back up to speed now. But I'm trying to rip some of my stuff apart and fill up my editing folders again, and everytime I run it, it locks up after processing only a couple files from each pod.

I have to keep doing the "Ctrl + Alt + Delete" thing to get it shut down, it's getting very annoying. If I run it and I have it extract each piece individually, then it works fine. But who has time to do all that, when it has been fully capable of extracting all the files at once before?

Any suggestions? I'm not looking for a C-pod comment either, I'm old fashioned, I like to do things the hard way. It's the way I taught myself, and I'm in no mood to learn anything new. I just wanna know if anyone else has had this problem with Winpod, and if so... how do I fix it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:36 am 
Glow Ball

Winpod does not work with all disk format types. I've had a couple it doesn't work on. I was't going to change the disk configuration I was using so I learned to use <a href="http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/downloads/mtm2/utility/podview.zip">podview</a>. That was before c-pod. Trouble is, podview doesn't rebuild pods so you have to use cpod a bit anyway. I was spending a bit of time with pod tool - its handy but not as good as the one you don't want to hear about. In short, when it comes to winpod, <i>I used to love her but it's all over now.</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:49 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

I just wiped out all the contents that was already in the folders, and then it works fine. It would extract all the models, truck, and sounds. But it would hang up on the art files, some it had no problem with, but a few wouldn't overwrite the old ones for some reason.

I dunno, goofy thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:58 am 
Trackologist

Quote:
...its handy but not as good as the one you don't want to hear about.

LOL well I'm gonna say it: Rep, be man and checkout C-pod. It's a nice tool. Besides, you don't want ppl to think that I was right about you, do ya? You know, the stuff I referred to in the "Black Gold" review, I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:07 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

I'm just set in my ways. The only thing I use C-pod for is to disable or enable things from certain tracks.

I just taught myself my own way, and it's been working for me all these years, so I see no reason to change anything. I may go through more steps than others do, for the same job, but I bet I can do all those things faster than most with their "New" ways.

Btw, Phin and Mal, and even Legwon's sites, when you download the utility "Texture Replacer" it's marked as so, and the read me says the same, but the "mtmsetup.exe" in that zip, is the "Palette Master", not the texture replacer.
http://teamslo.net/repfan/junk/mtmbrpl.zip Here is the real thing, I found it from and old link I had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:36 am 

>>Btw, Phin and Mal, and even Legwon's sites, when you download the utility "Texture Replacer" it's marked as so, and the read me says the same, but the "mtmsetup.exe" in that zip, is the "Palette Master", not the texture replacer.

i just checked the d/l for all three sites, the zip for MDMRE's Bin texture replacer is mtmbrpl.zip. i also tested each one of them. all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:39 am 
Glow Ball

The mtmg link is bad?

<a href="http://cownap.com/~mtmg/downloads/mtm2/mdmre/mtmbrpl.zip">http://cownap.com/~mtmg/downloads/mtm2/mdmre/mtmbrpl.zip</a>

I just checked and it looks fine to me. What's wrong with it?

[ edit ] oops, quicksdraw got in ahead of me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:44 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

The link is fine, the zip is fine, but the "mtmsetup.exe" in the zip is the wrong file. It's for the Palette Converter, not the texture replacer.

I went to an old inactive site that is still up, and found the right one. That's it in that link I posted, just get it and replace your zip with that one. All 3 of you guy's zips are that way, those were the first 3 places I went to to get it back, and everytime I got one from each site, and installed it, it kept overwriting my pal converter. No texture replacer.

I know they all "say" that is what it is, but the .exe setup file in there isn't it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:30 pm 

this is what i recieve when setting up the "exe" from mtmbrpl.zip at my site.

http://legwon.biz/tmp/legbrpl.jpg

this is how i checked all three of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:55 pm 
Glow Ball

Ditto

If something isn't working can you give us a link to the exact file? If something's wrong, I'd like to fix it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:17 am 
You Gonna Eat That?

No idea, but like I said, I got one each from all 3 sites, and I got nuttin. Then went and tracked down that other one, and then I finally got it.

I was sober, so I know I wasn't seeing things. Maybe delete/move your texture replacer, and try to install it and see what happens. If it works, then aliens must be in my pc then, I blame Microsoft.

It was very late, and I had no sleep, but I know I wasn't goofy. But now that its all back in, I am now.

I'm back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:41 pm 

y not use c-pod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:40 pm 
Glow Ball

Don't worry ch, the new repaint tutorial has made it to the short list of things to do. It's coming.

Oh, and you just can't teach some old dogs new tricks. Good thing rep fan isn't one of those, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:16 am 

Did somebody say something about "old dogs"? [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:58 am 
Glow Ball

lol, I knew that would get your attention