MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:16 pm 
Glow Ball

There are a couple things that got broken while putting in the list stuff. For example, copy to clipboard on the checked list doesn't copy, and if you use the checked list by default, the pod.ini files don't load. It's already fixed and will be okay for the next update.

As for email, use the forum to initiate the contact and I'll respond. The first email you typed appears correct, but who knows...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:05 pm 
Glow Ball

Here we go, minor snafus fixed.
<ul><li><a href="http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/downloads/temp/Cowpod052.exe">Cowpod beta 0.5.2</a></li></ul>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:47 am 
Trackologist

Cool - got tied up all day yesterday (major house projects in the works windows, siding, gutters) so I didn't get a chance to check this out. Probably a good thing though since you screwed it up lol. I'll have some time this morning to have a look. I'm anxious to see how this baby works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:03 am 
Glow Ball

Okay, for the most part, the documentation is done. I don't plan to do the 'extras' since they should be intuitive enough. And I'll hold off on the source code since it isn't finished yet.

http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/cowpod/

Two bugs and a feature request are all that's left to do on the program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:25 pm 

Question - am I understanding this correctly?

I installed Cowpod and then used the "COWPOD - send to desktop" feature.

After I click on any of the Cowpod icons to swap lists, all the Podswap ini lists are gone except "Default" and "Imported Old POD.INI". That, of course, means that the Podswap command line feature cannot be used.

I think I finally figured out that the reason is that Cowpod replaces the pod.ini file vs Podswap's use of one big file that I assume moves the last selected ini to the top of the pod.ini text file.

I'm guessing this mean that both utilities cannot be used concurrently. It's not a big deal and just seems to mean that a person needs to decide on one or the other.

Is that correct?

BTW - good job on this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:45 pm 
Glow Ball

Yes, that's correct. Both are alternate ini swapping methods. But because podswap stores everything in a single file, any program that does not recognize it's specific layout, and none do at this point in time, will over write the old file. (RipIt also stores everything in one file, but it uses a different format from podswap, so though they approach the problem from the same direction, they are still incompatible with each other.) Cowpod attempts to simplify the operation. One file per list but you are not restricted to calling it pod.ini. Over writes are not a worry since lists are independent of one another, and remain saved with the original name you give them even after you install them.

I think if somebody is already set up and in the habit of using podswap, there is probably no reason to change. But if you're just setting up, or haven't even begun with a list manager, then cowpod might be the easier way to go. Similarly, if a person is set up with batch files, they might like to edit using cowpod so they can export easily, then continue with their batch files. It's a matter of whatever works for you.