MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:25 am

Post subject: Support for Widescreen and Higher Resolutions?
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:47 pm 

(Just getting my '2 post' count up because it's telling me I can't post links until I have 2 posts... even though my real post doesn't have any links.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:48 pm 

and my second post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:49 pm 

Okay, sorry about that guys, here's my REAL one:

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums and I must say it sure is a pleasure to see that this community is still going strong and that everyone hasn't just forgotten about this game!! I remember this game being my life for a good couple of years back when I was I kid...

Anyway, my question. I decided to install MTM2 again the other day to relive some of the good times, only to discover that the 640x480 4:3 image stretched over my 16:10 1680x1050 LCD monitor was, to be quite frank, hideous (regardless, it was still a blast to play it again).

So are there any mods, hacks, add-ons or methods that I can use to up the resolution or at the very LEAST make the game display in 16:10 widescreen?

Thanks guys! *crosses fingers*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:10 pm 
Glow Ball

You'd need an emulator or wrapper. You can try something like this but no guarantees.

http://dege.freeweb.hu/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:59 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

I have tried with Zacks GlideWrapper and other called dVoodoo or something like that. The result: Now I cannot open graphics dialog on MTM2. Game automatically crashes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:29 am 

Wow, these are a godsend! I had no idea anything like this even existed! Thankyou so much guys! I played around with dgVoodoo for a while, but it just made everything look blurred and destroyed the framerate (no matter WHAT settings I tried).

So then I had a look for Zack's GlideWrapper that Kmaster mentioned, and found Zeckensack's GlideWrapper http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/ (not sure if this is what you meant Kmaster) and it works an absolute charm!! The resolution isn't quite 1680x1050, but it's so darn close I have to look closely at the screen to even tell, and everything it in the proper aspect ratio!! The only downside is a little bit of pink crap around the edges of the cockpit and steering wheel in the in-cab view, but it's so minimal it's easily ignored.

On a side note, dgVoodoo works great with Powerslide, another of my all time favourite games, whereas using Zeckensack's GlideWrapper, the game won't even start at all! I can't wait to see how POD looks with these...

Thanks again guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:33 am 

powerslide, now there is a game I havent heard about in awhile, I only have a demo of it that I played on Ye Ole 95, but great game none the less :). Ran very smooth too, good graphics engine, very well optimized it seemed, well, at least my oldie loved it, benchmarked average of about 45 fps. Always ran very smooth. I wish game designers still put that much effort into their graphics engines. Makes me think of populous, the beginning, that game was intense for support, supported software mode, Direct Draw mode, Direct 3D mode, 3dFX mode, Direct 3d without direct draw (wtf???) direct draw combined with software mode. And you could run the game smooth from machines of about 120 mhz and up (depending on graphics settings). And the world graphics beat most modern RTS games, even now. The level of detail was staggering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:41 pm 

Yeah, Powerslide is great. It was always the best looking and smoothest running game I had for a good couple of years back when I first got a computer. And it still holds up as a great racing game. I mean, by today's standards it's not a complex game and it doesn't exactly look stunning, but it still has a mood, atmosphere and artistic style that I've yet to experience in any other racing game, and it has some of the coolest music I've heard in ANY video game. Back then it was an awesome experience, but playing it now on a widescreen with that Glide wrapper, a 5.1 surround sound system and using an XBOX 360 controller? Hell, I'm enjoying it even more now than I did back in the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:54 pm 
Gone Walkabout

Hi Nazxul360, hope you still enjoy the game as much as you said you did before. Its still a great ole game to have fun in. :)

http://www.mtm2online.com
Evo1
http://www.evo1online.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:02 am 

ShadowPrincess wrote:
Hi Nazxul360, hope you still enjoy the game as much as you said you did before. Its still a great ole game to have fun in. :)

Which are you referring to? MTM2 or Powerslide? Either way, I fully agree with you! :D

Ooh hey, I'm from Australia too! Nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:51 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

This is what you will get with Zeckensack's glide wrapper:

*No gradient on sky
*No anti-aliasing on cockpit
*No hi res!

my settings:
("monster_en.exe" is the original english monster.exe of my monster truck madness installation.)

frame rate is ok, is completely playable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:07 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

Wait, after playing around with the settings, finally i could get the game play on 1280x960, im gonna post some screenshots soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:29 pm 
MTM2 Engineer

http://forum.mtm2.com/viewtopic.php?t=5 ... highlight=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm 
Gone Walkabout

Nazxul360 wrote:
ShadowPrincess wrote:

Which are you referring to? MTM2 or Powerslide? Either way, I fully agree with you! :D

MTM2 :) I have not tried the other, there has been many games I have been given or asked to try over the years but in all honesty I dont have the time, between work, family and MTM2 & Evo tournaments online my days are stretched as it is.

Yes, Aussie through and through, nice country we live in isnt it :)

http://www.mtm2online.com
Evo1
http://www.evo1online.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:19 am 

ShadowPrincess wrote:
Nazxul360 wrote:
ShadowPrincess wrote:

MTM2 :) I have not tried the other, there has been many games I have been given or asked to try over the years but in all honesty I dont have the time, between work, family and MTM2 & Evo tournaments online my days are stretched as it is.

Yes, Aussie through and through, nice country we live in isnt it :)

Indeed, I just got back from a 6 day getaway with my brothers and friends right out in the bush and farmland (Coonamble, if you have any idea where that is), and it really is the best way to appreciate this beautiful country. I absolutely love it. [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:32 am 

My computers dead, so I can't play mtm2 even if i wanted too :(

Well, thats not entirely true, I have ye ole 95

Saddly if u look under the desk, that wire, that piece of paper, everything, even the piece of tape, is all still in the exact same spot, that picture was taken in December of 2006.

The error message has moved around though :)

That old bugger can't game anymore though, some piece of hardware in it is shot, I think the video card has grown tired, either that or the CPU has, I'm not sure, I used to get 45fps in mtm2 with it, now I'm lucky to get 10 fps in mtm2 with it :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:56 am 
MTM2 Engineer

>>The error message has moved around though
It is a RUNDLL32 pagefault?

Hey! a SNES with MK3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 pm 

I saw the SNES first as well.. All I could think was.. God I'm getting old.

<p><font color="#990000">"I regret not what I've done, but what I didn't do."</font></p>
<p><a href="http://brandonbatson.com"><font color="#000066"><b><font color="#006666">http://brandonbatson.com
</font></b></font></a> </p>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:40 am 

nah, BPFTP errors out on launch, but the error doesn't actually stop it from working so I just drag it off screen lol.

Apache actually wreacks the most havoc, if apache starts up, the control panel is ruined, start menu can't be clicked, no context menus will work correctly (except open/open with/properties), the control and alt keys will mysteriously stick on till you tap them some to get them off, the system clock will hang if you try to open up the date/time config, and a whole mess of other problems, cant even run codestuff starter. Basically to do any maitenance, I gotta go in and stop apache from starting up with windows, then restart the computer and everything works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:38 pm 

No MTM2?