MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:39 pm 
MTM2 Fanatic

Only fourteen tents caused stuttering??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:54 pm 
Trackologist

It did on my comp, but that's not indicative of most. I represent the "low-end" half of the spectrum where comps are concerned, so my comments on that particular aspect of his track are kinda tied to those who fall in that category. :)

Cool Cr@$h - can't wait to take a look at it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:48 am 

It's not on the track page yet. Slow server. Where's Phin when you need him? I have completed the extension and set more stuff to complex. Another parking lot, empty.

Beta III uploading now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:25 am 
Glow Ball

Are you on dial up or cable? In either case, just mail me the track and I'll post it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:47 pm 
Trackologist

Very well done, Cr@$h. It runs without the slightest hitch on my comp using sparse scenery, and seamless on my sons (much higher-end machine) in complex. Would be worth your while I think to include in your readme that those with low-end comps would see improved graphics perfermance using sparse scenery.

No complaints here - nothing more to add. Unless Phin/Mal or Wint has something from a track maker's perspective, I say she's ready to roll. Already got times for it for our HoF, too (00:40.82). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:02 pm 

No need Phin. I am on dial-up but the problem was my custom music. Took the file size to 35,000 kb! I'm using Break.wav now. and the track is up.

Copey, I'm not much of a racer lol. Discovered that when I saw your time. Best time I set was a 00:45.81. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:19 pm 
Glow Ball

35,000 ? LOL, no wonder. Anyway.

Why is it listed as "World Grand Prix" in the races list but catfish on the download page?

And trees are not set to facing in the parking lot

And there's grass growing on the underside of the overpass (between parking lots).

Other than that, it's very good. I tried all scenery levels and only got minor vert stutter on complex.

OH, why do the cp markers extend out onto the road? Is that typical for these kinds of real world tracks? If not, I wouldn't object if you moved them off onto the grassy part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:40 am 

To answer those questions:

It is World Grand Prix so that the others in the series can go together with it.

I'll do the trees in the parking lots and make the underside of the bridge MARKMTLX.RAW.

Technically there are no checkpoints on real world track but there are split time markers to find out whether or not a driver is faster than the previous one. The split timers have no markers but I will move these CP markers to the grass. They are set to no-collide anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:29 am 

Cope, what settings do you use? I just did a 00:42.61 with 2000ms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:17 pm 
Trackologist

I ran that with 1700 s/s, bud. It's a really simple layout, but that hairpain requires precision cornering. If you drift hardly at all you end up with 41s and 42s. I think 2K is a bit high seeing as how you don't accelerate fast enough to achieve max speed on that track. Keep at it bud, and if you beat my time send it to SLO_Jumper (ijump@sympatico.ca) so he can post it on our HoF. :) Actually, if you don't beat my fastest time, but you have times on your HoF that are faster than some of my top five, send that in too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:57 pm 

Quote:
Actually, if you don't beat my fastest time, but you have times on your HoF that are faster than some of my top five, send that in too!

You can do that but if i was you i'd just keep working on it until Cope fall out of there hehehe Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to see them come true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:52 pm 
Trackologist

Hehe that's true too, and it's definitely a beatable lap. :) Btw Cr@$h, you should try coming online and running some with us. Pickup our APL and you'll be all set. Lots of people have our tracks. We race for the fun of it. Yep, there's some serious competition out there, but I assure you, we definitely know this is just a game, and no one cares who wins or who loses or whatever. At any rate, I'm done pluggin our tracks lol. When this track is released I'll add it to the Jump-Cope list. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:14 am 

I'd love to come online Cope, but my comp won't let me. Can't install the Zone programs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:43 pm 

It's here! Catfish is released! Try it online. The track is currently uploading. Those things noticed by you lot are fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:33 pm 
Trackologist

Great! Just d/led it and I'm about to add it to our page, and to the Jump-Cope list. This is a nice track, bud...and I must say, I'm glad you opted to make use of the beta room. Makes a difference, huh? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:17 am 

Yup, you guys are great. Thanx. This weekend I will be getting another track in here: Silverton Raceway Nothing like Silverrim Raceway. It has gravel traps, a Dunlop bridge and a forest. Out for testing on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:40 am 

On second thoughts, how's Thursday for testing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:59 am 
Trackologist

Works for me.