MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:29 pm 
Trackologist

Yep, I recall. Think I suggested that you e-mail me a pic of the error your getting, or try a reinstall. That was in the General section. If you care to re-engage on that, topic, let's do it. If not, you'll be missing out on...well, a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:07 pm 

OK, Beta II added to the tracks page. It has all previous problems fixed, and extra corners including the steep hills Jumper wanted and a nice fast arena corner. There is a tight chicane as well. Enjoy! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:01 pm 
Glow Ball

Off the top.
  • <a href="http://cownap.com/~pics/temp/rc/Image2.jpg" target="_blank">Tree cuts into stand after the first turn</a>
  • <a href="http://cownap.com/~pics/temp/rc/Image5.jpg" target="_blank">Stands cut into terrain</a>
  • <a href="http://cownap.com/~pics/temp/rc/Image6.jpg" target="_blank">Oopsie on the texture</a>
  • <a href="http://cownap.com/~pics/temp/rc/Image7.jpg" target="_blank">Barricades need alignment</a>

And checkpoints seven, eight and nine seems to be facing the wrong way.

[ edit ]

Quote:
There is a tight chicane as well.

What do you mean chicane? I saw no tight passage or single-file roadway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:43 pm 

Turns out that turn with the barriers wasn't as tight as I thought it would be. Oh well.

Okay, I've fixed all problems in Traxx but you may not hear from me for a while. I'm taking on one of the biggest tasks in track making. I'm trying to make the mighty Nordschleife circuit. For those of you who don't realise how tough this is, here is a map of the track. Take a look at those kilometre markers to see how long the track is.

Btw, Phin, can I have permission to post a zip on the track page that contains video of a lap of the Nordschleife? It is a video made by my dad and it shows the entire track from a camera mounted on his motorcycle. Beware, it is about 25 megs even after zipping.

Stay tuned for betas of this track as it will be a track in the GP series I am making.

Right, I am entering Traxx, and I may be some time. Just call me Captain Oates lol. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:21 pm 

Quote:
Take a look at those kilometre markers to see how long the track is.

Pfff. That's ok, 20 something kilometer. i use to run (on my feets) 42 km in 2hour 40) so 20 something wont intimidate me with a monster truck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:13 pm 
Trackologist

Here's something you can't see from the road, but for those who are prone to roaming, well I'd think it would strike them as odd. Actually the manner in which all of them are jammed together is a bit suspect in my opinion.

That's all I got for now. In-laws are still here (lol layover), so I'm out for the night. I'll look it over again in the morning and post my findings (if any) there. Looking pretty good tho, bud!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:51 am 

I had to put the grandstands like that to make an arena shape. I could swop the long stands for the stock MTM ones.

Glad you're not intimidated by the look of the track Jumper. It will be a part of the season. You guys could organise online races where you use a different one of these tracks every week or two. I'd like to see how many enter a race at the Nordschleife...and how many come out alive, muhahaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:53 am 
Trackologist

Understand, Cr@$h, and actually where you fused the grandstands here doesn't look too bad at all. It's spots like this where they're not connected at all, and here where they are but the alignment is off. It appears that it's possible to align the grandstands so that they don't grossly overlap one another, however, in the end they may not positioned as close to the road as they are now. Hehe I'm sure you'll work it out.

But that's all I saw, bud - Phin got the other things wrapped up. I'd say this one's close to being a done deal. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:04 pm 

Beta III is out. I have:

Fixed the C/Ps
Fixed the texture
Removed the chicane barricades
Sorted out the arena
Added a storage area behind the pits
Moved/Deleted the offending grandstands and trees
Given the track its own custom palette

There may still be some problems and I have noticed that when I place a model in the track (on a different computer), The model sinks a couple feet in game. That may just be my computer but if not point out the ones I have missed.

Oh, Happy New Year. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:06 pm 

Another thing. About a month ago I paused my work on the Nordschleife. I have got to the corner Hatzenbach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:23 pm 
Trackologist

Sounds good, bud - I'll give it a go. Also, looking forward to seeing this massive project of yours. :) Happy New Year to you, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:27 am 
Trackologist

Ok here's what I got:

• Slightly sunken carsare circled
• Severely sunken grandstands
• Numerous misaligned sand textures. Slight, but they're noticeable.
• Misplaced tile/road texture aligment
• Alignment of the road here is jagged, inconsistent with the rest of the track.
• It's evident you've done some work on the grandstands, however the alignment here is inconsistent with what you have here.

I kinda get the impression you spliced your signs together. The Goodyear sign isn't quite so bad, but that Snap-On one is an eye catcher. Here your start/finish model somewhat obscures the end of the Goodyear sign and the start of the DTAL sign. It's a nice model, that's for sure. Maybe try repositioning it on top of the concrete structure, or maybe try a different model altogether perhaps.

That's it for now, bud. I'll let ya know if I see anything else.

P.S. - Forgot to ask about the cp markers; where are they? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:15 pm 

Cope, thanks for pointing all that out. I think I need to use my old comp. Things didn't sink into the groung with that one.

I would like to see some video of maybe you and Jumper racing on my two GP tracks. Something like you did on Landslide. Another video I would enjoy is when my Nordschleife is released you and another driver racing 1 lap of it. That would be entertaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:41 pm 
Trackologist

That's fine, Cr@$h...but just so you know I don't race with Jumper anymore; he cheats and he calls me names when he wins (the few times that he does, that is lol).

LOL kidding, and I'll see what I can do for ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:26 pm 

From first look i can tell you've come a long way Cr@$h. Your tracks are getting better and better. Keep up you good work.

As for Cope's comments, dont listen to him. He doesn't win that often and i dont call him names. Heck i dont have to, he know when he drive like granpa with granma checking him out on their way to church.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:53 pm 

Beta IV? Tell me if you would like to see it out and I will post it. Also, how about Sweet Home Alabama for the music?

I've got a new PC now. Compaq Presario. ATI Radeon 9600. All I need now is to place CP markers. I think you will like the new and improved T10. It has a crest on entry. If you turn too close to the inside, you'll spin. Too far to the outside and you're in the forest. :D

Next Track: Diorano.

Oval infield circuit like Indianapolis. Give suggestions when SR is done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:01 am 
Trackologist

Hehe we'll leave the music up to you, however, feel free to post beta updates whenever you're ready, bud. We sure are. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:58 am 

Beta IV

No music yet
Crest At T10
Redone Paddock area
Moved start light
Deleted floating trees
Raised grandstands

Hope you enjoy. It may be the final beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:16 am 
Glow Ball

Cr@$hC@rt, I think it's ready. I did find a couple things but they are off the track and so inconsequential that you needn't worry about them.

- fencing alignment
- hay bales overlap each other
- grandstand does not hide a texture seam

But like I say, it's off the course and has no bearing on anything. We're splitting hairs here. It looks good, and races well. Depending on whether or not anybody else finds objections, we can either upload a version with a readme, if you want... or I can just switch the type from beta to circuit.

Good work, man. Taking your time really paid off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:31 pm 

Okay, I will post a new version with readme. Glad it runs well. I have already got Diorano ready for testing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next