MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:22 pm 

Lol, you prob right, Phin.
But i belong to that 2% then. Although i never have in game music on. Winamp is playing my favo mp 3's when i'm racing. Not when i go to the zone for a race o3, but when i'm planning on racing for 2 hours or more Winamp is always playing in background. There are some tracks with cool music, and then i turn winamp off and in game music on.

But i understand what you are saying. Is 3mb extra a good excuse for a little addon music that only 2 % will listen to ? I haven't worked that one out myself yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:11 pm 

I necer listen to music when racing. when i want to listen to some, i run my own mp3's.
More and more, we use voice chat. Effect, music and voice at the same time is to much lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:36 pm 

Just uploaded it, Thnx everybody 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:15 am 

Sorry Phin, but there seems to be a little prob. Can you erase the one i uploaded.

Evil decided he did not like that music of his on it, and he wants another one. He wants one that is a little more commercial...

i'll sent ya next version as soon as it's finished :-)

Sorry about this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:33 am 
Trackologist

There ya go, mum - took care of it for ya. That Ron is a picky son-of-a-gun, huh? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:26 am 

thnx cope :-)

incredible, asked him what song, converted it, let him hear it, put it on track, let him hear it again. When we drove it the 1st time online he did not like it lol

will upload next version when Ron says he likes it. lol, but won't change it any more after that hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:00 am 
Trackologist

You need new friends, mum lol. Man, I was all set to post an N&U update about your track last night, too. Glad I held off since Ron is being wishy-washy lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:17 pm 

Well, Ron said it is a go. so put it on the n&u so he can't change his mind no more lol.

I like this song better then the other one, so i'm ok with it.

Thnx for deleting it :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:44 pm 

Was just talking with RIP_JM, and it turned out some RIP's have found no less then 6 shortcuts. Most of them are pretty major, and all but one suck bigtime.
Now i would like to change it, but i know that it's impossible because is allready out to long.
What do you suggest ? Leave it as is or make a fix version ?

I would not mind it so much if they weren't so full on. I would like to make replays, but i don't know how to make parts. i can't just save replay on what i just did and upload it, because it will be way to big.

Some guys' hobby is to find shortcuts, and they can make a beautifull track into something really ugly (Anaheim comes to mind). but then again, it's not their fault, it's the trackmakers.

Also most of those guys wanted to have s/f at the same place, but i'm not a big fan of that...

Any suggestions ? [uhoh]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:58 pm 

Quote:
Now i would like to change it, but i know that it's impossible because is allready out to long.

There are 3 small minor cut i know off and were reported during the beta but i have not found any major ones. anyway. I think it's to late to fix it. to bad they didn't get envolve in the beta when it was time to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:01 pm 

Quote:
I would not mind it so much if they weren't so full on. I would like to make replays, but i don't know how to make parts.

figure out how long you can record replay, do the part pause the game and save the replay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:23 pm 

i hate it to about them not coming in here when beta is going on, but unfortunately i can't help that.

Anywayz, i'm trying to drive these shorts that i really hate without a mistake and am trying to make repleys of it just to show you guys how i think they are ruining this track.

I've uploaded the first one allready, and i think you will agree when i say it stinks lol. I'll upload all of them to this url : http://users.pandora.be/mumhra/x-raidcuts/
That 1st one is one of the worst, not because you win a lot of time, but it will take away the fun of online racing on x-raid.

i'll let ya know when the rest is ready...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:29 pm 

Just looked at your replay. Dont know how much time can be save with that line but here's what i found after looking at it.

http://www.teamslo.com/beta_tracks/Xraidbeta/5/xraid_new_short_to_cp1.zip

To avoid those, if you're to make a fix, i suggest adding more checkpoints in crutial parts will force ppl into the track. Make sure the new version shows a new name such as Xraidfix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:31 pm 
Trackologist

Yeah, that's a pretty big cut. I know there's a gaping hole between cp's 4 and 5, and I suppose if you worked at it you could probably come up with a line that could save you some time.

As for whether to fix it or not, my suggestion would be to leave it, and if it's ever used in a tourney, come out with a tourney version. No one person finds all the cuts. Heck no two or three ppl do. There are several tracks whereby the room agrees not to run a particular cut or cuts because it ruins the race. Your call though, bud. I guess I'll hold any further comments until I see the other cuts.

EDIT: Just saw Jump's cut. Whoa lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:03 pm 

i think i've uploaded all but one to http://users.pandora.be/mumhra/x-raidcuts/

there still is one just after cp 18. They turn hard right just after that one, and find another way through the dunes. JM could not show me exactly, because he did not know it. I've tried, but always seem to f... up lol, just like i do in most shorts. However, i don't think i hate that one (lets call it short 7), because it resembles the one Cope found between cp 4 and 5. So i will deffinately not touch that one.
I really hate short 1,3,4 and 5

Going to look at Jump's short, maybe it's the same that i have posted allready somewhere lol.

I dunnow if i should make a fix version or not. Just asking your thoughts on what to do with it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:11 pm 

Just saw Jumps replay and WTF :? :? :?
That does not work on my comp ????

Now i know how Jump always goes that fast :D lmao (j/k)
Don't know how you've done it, but it's a short lol

One more thing. Jumper mentioned something about adding cp's in order to prevent shortcuts. The problem is that traxx only allows 20 cp's which is more then enough for a 3 minute track, but for a 7 minute one it seems like your in deep sh..

And yet another one more thing :D . According to JM some Rip's got their times down to 6.30 mins by unsing these shorts. I dunnow if that's true or not. I will prob drive longer when using those shorts then without them, but i know i hate them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:15 pm 
Glow Ball

I like the tourney edition idea, that way you don't have to delete the first release.... and you can do it any time you please, if at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:30 pm 
Trackologist

Hehe don't sweat this thing too much, mum. Yeah I believe they've cut the time down to 6:30 with those cuts. Knowing the mechanics of a cut and refining a cut are two different things. From what I've seen there's probably a few more seconds to be shaved off still.

Several of those cuts are pretty dangerous where others aren't. By in large only the highly skilled pros will be using those cuts whereas others won't even think to look for em. If you're in a room simply request that everyone stick to the track. Some will simply because they won't know all of the cuts lol. If your request is denied then you can either step out or run with those who either don't know the cuts or feel the same as you.

Frankly it'd be nice to have a group of guys who ran tracks for the sole purpose of looking for shorts during beta testing lol. This is a huge track, and it wouldn't surprise me if there are several variations on the cuts that have already been found.

Oh well, as for my opinion I still say don't worry about it unless there's a tourney on it. Still, the call is yours, bud. :) I'm not gonna change that review though lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:19 pm 

Acutally i'm thinking about making a trny version like you suggested, but i won't take away all cuts they found.
There will prob never be a trny on this track, but i would like to finish it before your apl will be updated. That way host won't have to beg others not to take those cuts.

Cuts i'm talking about are cut 1 (start to cp1), cut 3 (just after cp5), cut 4 (just after cp6), and cut 5 (just after cp8).
I dunnow yet what to do with cut 6 (just after cp10 )
Then the cut you (Cope) found (between cp 4 & 5), cut 2 (also between cp 4 & 5) and cut 7 (just after cp 18 ) will still be in it.
Those last ones are kinda dangerous ones and match with Paris-dakar. You are not obligated to stay on track, just drive as fast as possible from point A to point B.
The cuts i hate have 2 big reasons. First they take away pretty parts of the track (like the zig-zag), and secondly the way you have to drive to complete them feels very unnatural (hanging on a 80° bank for example).

If i was to do it like that people will now all be able to play x-raid like it is now. If there ever was a trny, or if it was ever to be in a racelist it would be possible to use the trny version (or fix version if you like that word better).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 am 

If you look at the positive aspect, ppl found short because they liked the tracks and felt it was worthed the effort. If it had sucked they would've left it by the side.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next