MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:07 am 
Glow Ball

> the pod file now is over 8 mb big

You can always release it as your track pod and an add on music pod, if you think that would help. Fila's done that a few times.

> the new OLD sign.

What's wrong with it? You mean it looks darker in the game? That's probably track lighting. If you move the sun so it's shining at it, it'll brighten up. Unless anybody else has another birght idea ;-)

> binedit

http://forum.mtm2.com/viewforum.php?f=11

Ask and we'll try to help.

btw, I haven't run the track yet. Weather is getting the better of my time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:15 am 

Look at the url on the sign phin.
Malibu changed it to then new url, and in traxx i see the new url on that billboard, but in game i still see the old one.
First time i saw it i thought i was dreaming, so i went back into traxx to take a good look, wrote pod - file again. Restarted mtm (i actually stopped the game to be certain), and drove again. In game i still saw the old url.

btw, LOL at your solution Phin. Until i saw that smiley i was actually thinking : 'Is this possible ?' lmao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:21 am 
Glow Ball

Oh oh oh, that's the wonderful world of pod ordering at work. I'll add the new texture to the fixmore pod and it'll be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:26 am 
easy company

I didn't change the url on that board, I only did the tall one by the airport.

... I'll be back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:33 am 
Glow Ball

It's the same texture, tho, right?

Get rid of previous fix pods and put this at the top of pod.ini and you should be fine.

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/beta/FIXMORE3.zip (updated this morning)

Mal, the old boards have to be updated anyway so this should be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:04 pm 

Malibu350 wrote:
LOL, that's twice now that we've posted at the exact same time mum...l

anyway here's an updated old board.

OldbillX2.zip

That's where you send me different textures for the OLD board. It was a zip containing 2 .ACT, 2.RAW and 1 .bin file.
I renamed those .act and .raw files so they would overwrite the old files. They did, and in tracks it looked great, but on track it still shows the drive.to/old url
Actually it's not very important since that ones seems to work. A while ago i surfed over there and got this message : 'dommainname for sale'
So i thought that you couldn't go there no more, but obviously i was wrong...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:20 pm 
Glow Ball

> I renamed those .act and .raw files

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:26 pm 
easy company

When I did the first OLD (tall) board I renamed the textures and the model so there would be no conflicts with other OLD billboards, I did the same with the short one below.. (I also remapped it and deleted 15 unnecessary faces)

http://www.mtmc4fun.com/temp/OLDBBX02.zip

As for the repositioning of the sun that Phin suggested above I think that would be a good idea for this track, along with adding a little shadow.. Doing so will add some definition to the hilly area's that have no defining roads, making a more pleasant, navigable drive :o)..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:31 pm 
easy company

>>> I renamed those .act and .raw files

ahhhhk, I didn't see that... Mum the bin files will still look for the art files it was made to use resulting in a texture conflict... to swap a bins associated texture files you HAVE to use a bin texture replacer, a simple renaming will not be enough.

If you use the billboards as I have posted them here you will not have any problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:32 pm 

I know it sounds strange the i renamed those .act and .raw files.
I can't remember exactly how it happened, but i remember adding the small billboard and trying to get that new url on it to. It one point traxx gave me errors about those act and raw files. So i renamed them and it looked great in traxx, but today i saw that in game the old url was still on the billboards.

Will try to fix it now with putting everything back to how it was. Hope it 'll work lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:38 pm 

With models if you rename the act and raws you have to use mdmre's bin texture replacer utility to replace the old named files with the new. When you renamed the act and raws, the bin was still looking for the ones that they were named before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:13 pm 
easy company

It's much easier to do with binedit 2, no typing involved :o)

http://binedit.com/help/menutextures.shtml

plus you see the changes immediately

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:11 pm 

I dunnow how i've done it, but now i have the new url on the small sign, and the old url on the bigone lmao...

luckely Phin's fixmore resolved this problem 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:51 pm 
Trackologist

LOL mum you'd better release this track before you end up destroying it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:06 pm 
Glow Ball

hehehehehe

One more beta, please. I want to run it without fixmore to be sure everything is as it should be. When I realized you switched the names, I adjusted the fixmore. I also updated the old billboard on the models page. In my game, it looks perfect.... I have no idea what anybody else is looking at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:24 pm 

Just uploaded newest beta. (or should i say how the track looks now)

I'm not sure about the music yet, i'm a metal lover, but this even got on my nerves lol. I've asked Evil if i may use a song from his band as background music. I know he plays in a rockband and i think he plays basguitar. He did not answer me yet, but i would love to have one of his songs as background music.

url still is http://users.pandora.be/mumhra/newtrack/x-raidbeta.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:57 pm 

Just for your info, Lap time sit around 7:00 to 7:05
Didn't find any new cuts so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:10 am 
Glow Ball

I have no problems with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:55 pm 

I can't see any problems either, besides that music. I like it, but the song only takes 1 minute. On a 7 minute track you would hear the same song 7 times, which ain't so fantastic lol.

I haven't heard anything from Evil yet, so maybe he isn't interested. now i have found another one i like, which takes over 5 minutes. but now the down part. Without music the track is 8.08 mb. With that 1 minute song it's 8.98 mb, but with this one it's an 11.8 mb. I know i can do it like Fila does, but i think 98 % of all racers don't download that addon music (including me :D ), so i dunnow what to do with it yet.

I'll wait untill friday, then i'll make a decision, and i hope Ronald will let me know something by then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:59 pm 
Glow Ball

> but i think 98 % of all racers don't download that addon music

I think 98% don't have music on anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next