MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:17 am 

I still dunnow what to do with it. Most racers seem to ask me to get rid of some of those shorts.
Certainly those near the zig-zags. The two at start (one that jump found and one that a RIP guy found) don't seem such a big problem, because they seem to be difficult to perform. But the sad thing is that racing is over 5 secs after start, because most try that short and most fail doing that jump at eiffeltower.
The guys that find those shorts don't want me to change it, so i dunnow what i should do now. Some even say they will refuse to drive x-raid if there will be an alternate version.

I've allready made a trny version, and you can down it here (http://users.pandora.be/mumhra/newtrack ... ersion.zip) but i haven't uploaded it to mtmg yet. If i have to be honoust i'll have to say the previous one looks better, but when i want to make enviroment to look natural some guys will start looking for unnatural cuts. Not all shorts they found are out, only the ones that i really hate.
I dunnow if i'll ever upload it to mtmg, just wanted to know which one you guys like best. Another problem is that apl list. if this track was to be in apl, which of the 2 would be best to put in there. I think this trny version track because the other one sure has showed some flaws. not only with bad sc's, but also when one guy is driving on sparse and the other on medium strange things will happen. one guy can drive through a road that another one can't follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:41 am 
Trackologist

I'd be interested in seeing this sparse/norm scenery setting anomaly. As for the other, make a decision "you're" comfortable with--period. If people are making noise about not running your track because of changes you're thinking of making, that's a no-brainer, too; make whatever decision "you're" comfortable with and don't worry about what other people say/think. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:46 pm 

Quote:
The guys that find those shorts don't want me to change it,

I want it change, those dont play well as you need to turn real hard at start then there's only room for one truck at a time (at least in the one i used) so if you're not in the right spot at start the race start like a mess since the cuts are so significant we all have to use it.

Quote:
if this track was to be in apl, which of the 2 would be best to put in there.

Would be the tourney track. the one with less short i'd say
Quote:
not only with bad sc's, but also when one guy is driving on sparse and the other on medium strange things will happen. one guy can drive through a road that another one can't follow.

On many track the race is different depending on your graphic settings. It is not consider cheating to use any of the normal game settings to your adventage. I dont have a problem with that. i run spares and often software mode so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:41 pm 

Doing 6:56's on that trny versions. basically the few cuts left appeared to be about the same as doing it on the track.
Still ahave a little more to check so give me a little more time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:46 pm 

That last version is fine as is. whatever is left there i can live with. so far cut or no cut i'm doing the same or close enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:27 am 

Cool Jumper :)

Even with a cut like the one before cp1 (when cars jumping on rails) i could live with. I had a few runs, and it looked awesome when driving in city, to see a car jumping in the distance lol.
But the problem was that the cut started immediately after startline. If it would have started 2 or 3 turns down the road i wouldn't have erased it.

Since this one is done, i can start on short version now. But unfortnuately i'm going away next weekl. So maybe i'll start after that, dunnow yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:22 pm 

Cool, I'm looking forward to it Mumhra!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9