MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:48 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:57 am 
Trackologist

I'll check it out...and welcome back. :) Oh, as for the music, I always leave that to the discretion of the maker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:07 pm 

Unfortunatly i've been dealing with few important things at this time so i really cant take part in this one. I'm looking forward racing on whatever will come out. Knowing how Phin, Wint, cope and Mum deal with those beta, you're in good hand. hehehe So i'll do my things in peace knowing the result will be just as good as if i was there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:26 am 
Glow Ball

Are you lookin' for anything specific?

After a few laps I noticed

- textures at cp4 have minor problems. Probably an idea to do a slow lap on each side of the road.
- textures entering the pit after the start line, same thing
- I missed cp6 twice. Didn't trip or something.
- the stone walls are nice but unevenly put in the track. I mean by that some are done very well while others have gaps or do not butt squarely with the ones beside it.

Looks good though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:06 am 
Trackologist

Yep, it does look good. The only things I noticed were this tree sitting out in the road and the road is rough in quite a few spots if you drive close to the edge on the right side. I'm guessing some of the roughness of the snow textures carried over onto the cement road...sorta lol.

Crash are you planning on having visable markers of any sort? Just curious. At any rate, what I noticed about cp 6 is if you try and shave that corner even a little, as shown here, it won't trip, but if your tires are within or just over the edge of the 90º corner, it's fine. It kinda appears that the cp trip zone doesn't stretch quite far enough across the road.

Yep, those brick walls are "still" out of wack lol. Better...but several of them still suffer from alignment probs.

Just an observation here from a racing perspective. That dipping hairpin at cp 4 is great - I love it, but getting pushed off the road will be disappointing for many because unless you're quick on the draw with the H-H action, you'll go plummeting off the side, and the drop is rather significant. The fact that you're on snow adds insult to injury because of the lack of traction lol. Unless you're going for the "Mariposa effect", a barrier of some sort there wouldn't be a bad idea. Again, just a thought. Personally if you opted to leave it as is it would be fine by me, but I'm sure a lot of people would prefer a barrrier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:15 am 
Glow Ball

> I'm guessing some of the roughness of the snow textures carried over onto the cement road...

That's exactly it. The contrast between the two types is sharp, so those road parts attached to mucho snow cause the bumpiness.

> Unless you're going for the "Mariposa effect"

lol. Crash, you can always put a sign there to indicate where racer's'll end up if not on their toes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:25 pm 

Thanks guys, I've fixed the stuff Phin saw and am about to do what Cope pointed out. As for CP 6, I'll put a kerb there to try to stop people thinking they can cut it.

And I will put barriers at T4 for you. I could even put a sign at the foot of the cliff saying, "You idiot, you're meant to drive on the road!" LOL

So, in the latest version:

Re-aligned walls
Kerbing on some corners
Texturing fixed
Barriers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:53 pm 
Trackologist

Whoa - don't put a barrier there for "me"; that wasn't my reason for bringing it up. If your intent is to have that curve be taken with extreme caution due to the obvious potential hazard it presents, then a simple sign as Phin suggested will do quite nicely. On the other hand, if you're looking to provide a cushion for inattentive racers or those who happen to put themselves in a position to be forced off, then sure - do the barrier thing. But by no means should you put it there just because I brought it up lol. Again, decide on what you prefer, coupled with whatever your intent was and go with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:14 am 

I did originally have a barrier right around the corner and no trees or houses. But it was too easy to go over the barrier so I deleted it. If I can get the right models I will put a barrier there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:01 am 

Beta III is now out on the track page. I found the perfect models.(thx Wint) Armco with ice on. This should be the final beta and I have already started on Santarem which is a city by a harbour.

So, comment with any improvements or suggestions for WGP 5.

Cope and Jumper, do you have any times for the HoF yet?

Oh, Phineus, could you change the name on the tracks page to World GP 3 Beta III, please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:51 pm 
Trackologist

Bout the only thing I see is some of the segmented wall barriers at the are still misaligned in places. That and the spacing between at the hairpin turn seem to be random at best. Is it worth fixing? Heck if I know lol - that's for you to decide. :)

Other than that I say it's good to go.

PS - Nope, no lap times on it yet, bud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:07 pm 
Glow Ball

There's a tree cutting into the new barrier at the hair pin too. It's easy to see if you take the turn going in the opposite direction. I just had a quick run on it so that's all I have for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:23 pm 

World GP 3, Crystal Summit is out on the tracks page. All previously mentioned observations have been fixed. Have a go at it and please report back here with some lap times. Thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:36 pm 
Glow Ball

You have the word beta in the file name so I'm wondering is this finished or it is a last beta? You have it marked "circuit" so I added a pic for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:46 am 

Yeah, I only realised that as it was uploading. I have broadband so I had no time to react in the three seconds it took to upload. Maybe I should upload a new version with the new zip and you could delete the old one and rename the new one to what the old one was. Or if you can just rename the zip to crystalsummit.zip that would be fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:49 am 
Glow Ball

Broadband is great, ain't it :-)

> Or if you can just rename the zip to crystalsummit.zip

Done, 'tis done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:05 pm 

Thanks Phineus.