MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:48 pm 

>>put one cp number on one side and the other cp number on the other side

As soon as you said back to back, thats what came to my mind. It would be like Oops ;-)'s visa-versa cp's. Very easy to do also.

I knew someone would point out the walls so I didn't. I haven't gotten the time recently to update, but I will have something by tomorrow. Was also waiting for anothers views so that there wasn't repetition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:55 pm 
easy company

> Or better yet, put one cp number on one side and the other cp number on the other side. Scrap the second model entirely.

lolol, Shirley, you're kidding, because if I remember correctly that's what I just said? [remap]

heheh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:58 pm 
Glow Ball

Laverne, you never said what you were mapping them with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:44 am 
easy company

> you never said what you were mapping them with

The concise style, which expresseth not enough, but leaves somewhat to be understood.

it was late [bump]

Anyway, I combined cp's 1-18, 2-17, 3-16, 4-15... also the hill sign now reads up on one side and down on the other.

http://malibu350.com/temp/Qmodels.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:42 pm 

Thnx guys, i knew that was wrong with the track, but i had no idea it would be such a bad thing lol.

I have a few questions tho.
1. What's wrong with the picture with the bridge ?
2. What you mean with a better finish line ? A model ? Any suggestions ?

I will get busy with it asap. I've working for over 16 hours a day for the last 2 days so i'm not in the mood now. If i'm early home from work i'll get started on it tomorrow.

Thnx for the new models, i have a look at them later, but no doubt in my mind they are great [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:09 pm 
Glow Ball

> i had no idea it would be such a bad thing

It's not. I'm talking about making a good track better.

> What's wrong with the picture with the bridge

Texture seam is hard and abrupt on both ends. Hence the circle marks. Farmroad has end textures, I'm pretty sure. Shouldn't be a problem. If it is, let us know and we'll see what we can come up with.

> What you mean with a better finish line

The finish line is (a) on the jump (b) after the curve. The location is wrong, and there's no marker to say it's the finish. Two suggestions. (1) make cp19 the finish line. Or (2) extend that little loopback at course segments 83 to 87 so it goes back further and then just make those banner towers the finish line... you could get rid of the cp on the jump entirely then.

Note. delete segment 88 and stretch segment zero back to meet with 87. End-to-end segments rarely work good.

> I will get busy with it asap.

Take your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:15 pm 

Updated 4/20

> > I will get busy with it asap.
>
> Take your time.

I agree, better to get it right then mess up rushing.

Quick question: I know you aren't familiar with binedit. Are you familiar with texture editing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:30 am 

Nope i'm not. But if it's a little easier then binedit i'm willing to learn.

I installed binedit on my comp before i had to do a format c, and i was planning on learning it, but allready after 15 minutes i got stuck. Maybe because we in Belgium have a very strange keyboard (it's a mixture between an american and a french keyboard) and i always had to push other buttons then binedit told me.
I don't know what it was, but i did not reinstall because i have a lot of time on my hands in winter time, but now i'm very busy at work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:21 pm 

Took me a while, but i finally got around to it.
Maybe to do with the fact tat a2m takes long this week before he anounces trny track lol. Can't practise on it before he anounces it...

I think i've done everything suggested in here. Take a look if ya like : http://users.pandora.be/mumhra/newtrack/ouarzazate.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:02 am 

Hehe alright, cool to see some action again in this thread :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:53 am 

Ran 3 laps on it this morning. As is i can tell the time we spent with you on xraid is paying off. First look gave me a great feeling. Going to bed for now (working night this week) will try to get up early and take a better look at it later before going back to work. Will comments after i run it more seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:31 pm 
Glow Ball

Good stuff, mum. I just took it for a couple laps but already much improved over the first version. I thought the crowded village was a tag laggy so I ran the comp trucks through there trying to trigger too many verts but aside from the trucks going in every direction it was fine. I don't know if this is a release candidate so it's probably best to hold on to hear what the racers have to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:18 pm 

I haven't forgotten about this, I just haven't gotten around to it. I will take a look at it tomorrow or sunday and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:46 am 

So far so good. Ran quite a few laps yesterday and this morning. Could not find any short (none worth mentioning anyway) now that i'm at least familiar with the track, i'll try those heli and other impossible type cuts. I'll be done with it soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:49 pm 
Trackologist

Nice track, mum...very nice. Yeah, there's a touch of lag in the village, but it's not a show-stopper. I say she's good to go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:22 am 

The lag maybe has to do with the all those bamboo fences. I haven't noticed it yet, but you guys probably right. I could change a few of those bamboo fences with haybales, but i think it won't be as pretty as it is now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:05 am 
easy company

> The lag maybe has to do with the all those bamboo fences...

Nope, the lag is caused by excessive textures coming into view all at once, not vertices. A fix would be to set non essential models that use a common 256x256 texture to normal or complex. Eliminating the bamboo fences would help only if you removed every single one of them in order to remove the texture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:17 am 

Quote:
A fix would be to set non essential models that use a common 256x256 texture to normal or complex.

Carefull with that solution. Be aware that those models set to normal or complex wont show at all in sparse. Now, many pro's use sparse scenery settings. So make sure those models dont open up a path/cut to the next cp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 4:06 am 

Malibu350 wrote:
A fix would be to set non essential models that use a common 256x256 texture to normal or complex.

I'm not planning on doing that. I did that once in x-raid in the city of Paris. i switched every building that was not touching the road to normal. untill Jumper showed me a replay. He found a little hole and kept on driving through buildings on my screen.
I think people will have to live with that little lag there. i don't see it :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:45 pm 

Could'nt find anything bud, release it when you're happy with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next