MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:23 am 
The Dog House

Thanks man, never got in to the fixmore pod. How do I do that. Are talking about the fixall pod at the top of the track list in the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:59 am 
Glow Ball

This --> <a href="http://cownap.com/~mtmg/downloads/mtm2/game/FIXMORE3a.zip">/~mtmg/downloads/mtm2/game/FIXMORE3a.zip</a>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:27 am 
The Dog House

Well I do have that, thanks. My question is, other than putting it the game WHAT do I do with it and how do I open it to take out what I need? Dig these out you said, but I dont know how or Im missing a point here. Please explain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:37 am 
Glow Ball

Use pod view to extract to your art folder.

<a href="http://mtm2.com/~mtmg/downloads/mtm2/utility/podview.zip">podview.zip</a>

Play with it, you'll catch on quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:29 am 
The Dog House

Yes sir, I did get it done. Thanks for your time and patience Phin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:35 pm 
The Dog House

Well got it to where you sould be able to get in and out of the water easy enough. Trees and plants also sould be set right. Inserted a couple more ground boxes on a couple more of the turns. I still would like to add a blimp. But the times before I did. The blimp didnt follow the track around. Im sure that it can. Seems they have in other tracks. I believe its the settings. Am I wrong on this? Thanks O' Please remove Brdb2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:06 pm 
easy company

There's one thing a racer can't stand, and that's slamming into an invisible barrior. You put three of them up in an attempt to negate three very minor short cuts that without the barriors are like threading a needle anyway and difficult enough. If you want to take out the cuts completely then put a billboard up or something that can be seen.

Everything else looks good from here including the blimp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:39 pm 
The Dog House

Hey Mal, sorry man. No blimp. I was just asking how I make one work to follow the track. Got rid of the invisible barriors. But if I can get a blimp to work, that would be kinda kool. Does the blimp follow the track? Thanks man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:03 pm 
easy company

The blimp follows course #0 (main). So so long as you have that course set properly then the blimp will follow the track, and it does on this track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:29 pm 
The Dog House

Thanks bud. Can you tell me a place to read on the subject. Ive got a blimp{From your site} . It has to be set at [0] main course in Traxx Edit Course. Thats all I know. Haven't a clue other than those two things. So please, if theres a place I can find out more it would be a big help. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:06 pm 
easy company

Ahhh, I misunderstood. You want to add a custom blimp then?

What you need to do is rename the new blimp model to 'goody.bin' then include it in your track pod and mount your pod at the top of your pod.ini.

The courses have nothing to do with a custom blimp aside from plotting its coarse course of course.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:31 pm 
The Dog House

Wow, am I understanting that theres a blimp in the game its self. I know theres a blimp view. Am I missing some thing here. You said a couple replys back that it looked good including the blimp. I wont need one if ones there. Feel my slow mind in PLEASE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:38 pm 
easy company

The blimp I saw and followed around the track was the stock goodyear blimp. The stock blimp is only rendered in your game if your graphic settings are on complex (sparse and normal sets, the blimp is omitted)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:46 pm 
The Dog House

Man you guys are amazing. I realy hope to know half of what you know. As I said to Phin, thanks for your patience with a rookie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:20 pm 

Quote:
There's one thing a racer can't stand, and that's slamming into an invisible barrior.

Since you already said you got rid of the invisible wall i wont extend on it. However, just to confirm that statement by mal. As a racer, there's nothing worse than something i cant see. We ll try to shave everything out of every track. It's so true that when properties are not set accuratly on things we can see those object are a pain unless they are in a position far off the areas we try to shave. It often make the difference between a track that Could've been an outsatanding track and an ok track.

So if a cut need to be deny, it must be done with something i cant go around or by proper check point positioning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:50 pm 
easy company

>> Man you guys are amazing.

Phin there teaches Haegelian philosophy, and Wint here teaches logical positivism. And is also in charge of the sheep dip. Cope and Jump will be teaching political science, Machiavelli, Benton, Lockholm, Sackly, Millbo, Hasset, and Bernerd.
Me?, man I just try and keep up with the pace and one things fersure, we don't like stuck-up sticky-beaks here :)

Glad that we were able to help out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:00 am 
The Dog House

Again thanks Mal. Jumper Im going to make a track called Jumpers 1 hour invisiable wall of fame. LoL Alright bud, No things on the track that cant be seen by the eye. I did indeed get rid of'em. Ill change a couple small areas. Thanks Jump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:52 am 

Quote:
Thanks Jump

hehe Nooo, dont thx me. I thank you for putting so much work so i can enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Jumper Im going to make a track called Jumpers 1 hour invisiable wall of fame

Would have to be a 3 min rally :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:05 am 
The Dog House

Hey Mal, looking over the side of the track coming back. Thats where one can cut most corners so, cant you make me a check point 6 & 7. If i had a couple more Cps. I believe that would take care of the corner cutting. Jumper is right on the mark with that. I dont want to use any more billboards. I looked around, but nothing matches the bridge like those Cps. Also should I set graphics for complex. I still not sure how you determine which setting is correct at which times. Thats the last thing I need to do. I promise to leave you alone for at least a day after this. LoL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:49 am 
Glow Ball

Finding a font that was close was tough but eventually I found splinky ;-)

http://grsites.com/modperl/fontview.cgi ... fn=SPLINKY

So, here you go, up to ten.

<a href="http://mtm2.com/~tracks/beta/ROCCKCheckpoints.zip">ROCCKCheckpoints.zip</a>

Not much room on there to go into double digits, but I left a blank bmp in there anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next