MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

Post subject: TW's Green Hills
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:45 pm 

ok, i know theres going to be more work put into this track. i have uploaded a beta so people can give me some good constructive criticism on the track.

-i know theres visual glitches in some ground boxes. i dont know why, the bases of some appear transparent.

-the AI at the end of one lap, turn around in a circle and repeat the last 2 or 3 course segments.

-im unsure if im going to keep the track at this length or make it longer or what.

-couldnt come up with a better track name (any suggestions?)

Download TW's Green Hills (Beta)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:08 am 

I believe the transparency with the ground boxes has something to do with going below water level or something along those lines. I might be wrong, i'm not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:40 am 
Glow Ball

>> ground boxes... i dont know why the bases appear transparent
>> transparency with the ground boxes has something to do with going below water level

Kdawg's nailed it. The bottom of the ground box has to be above the water level. What I do in cases like this is raise the terrain directly below the ground box up high enough it just comes to the water level, then I put the ground box down to the terrain, but no further.

>> the AI at the end of one lap, turn around in a circle and repeat the last 2 or 3 course segments.

You have no course 1. And on course 2, segments 9,10,11 are probably the ones causing the fuss. Moving the end of 8 back will probably help, but looking at it now I see the bridge and landing road do not form a straight line. If this is by design, then okay. But if not, you can help the trucks by giving them an easier time of it.

>> unsure if im going to keep the track at this length

Sometimes less is more. Short tracks can be good too.

>> couldnt come up with a better track name

How about "Green Hills"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:04 am 

Green Hills seemed a little too lame though. but whatever. yes, the bridge isnt lined up with the road, but if you veer a bit to your right off the bridge, youll get a nice turn into the checkpoint.

i do have a course 0 AND 2 (does course 1 make a difference cause both map and AI course work fine.). i think since the last loop is so tight that it confuses the AI path. the AI are pretty competitive for most of the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:58 pm 

sorry for double post, but just to let you know, im gonna first release the final version on vales, then on here 5 days later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:51 pm 

Comp trucks follow the segments and then roll off of it and turn to get to the next segment.

On the bridge where you make a slight turn the computer trucks end up crashed into the rail. Add a segment for in the turn and they should be fine.

For the not being able to complete more than one lap: The last segment is extremely short and the trucks just roll off and end up in the wall.

Another thing you might want to consider is that drop-off into the parking lot. The computer trucks always end up in the water.

Are you using the right base texture for your grass? It appears to have a brown corner where part of a turn would be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:49 pm 

its the right base texture... i made them for evo2. of course it looks better there because of the texture detail that appears around your truck. it doesnt bother me much here though.

i uploaded the final version at vales. i felt satisfied with what i had and didnt feel like it needed anymore work. i will upload it here maybe in 5 days, but maybe sooner... youll see. it also includes a readme, and i posted the readme on a reply, so you get more details about the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:41 am 

What is the name of the track these were used in for evo2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:14 pm 

The Suburbs.