MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

Post subject: jumps
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:52 pm 

Location: Lying on my bed in the middle of the night, editing tracks with Traxx on my laptop, in Sarasota FL
I just submitted a track to cownap.com or whatever and I just joined (finally turned 13) so could someone test it for me please?

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?sear ... n&maker=on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:15 pm 
Glow Ball

Wow, took me over eight minutes to run this. What kind of feedback are you looking for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:30 pm 

Location: Lying on my bed in the middle of the night, editing tracks with Traxx on my laptop, in Sarasota FL
well, what do you think of it? Were any of the jumps unreasonable? Was it impossible to do anything? Was it too long? That kind of stuff.

Oh! and if you want, you can check out my other new track, The Darkness. I got some of the textures from Darkstar, so I do give Oliver Pieper? credit for the textures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:45 pm 
Glow Ball

> well, what do you think of it?

Unfinished. Of course, that's beta for you.

> Were any of the jumps unreasonable?

I would say 90% were just fine. The few that had problems usually were the ones you couldn't build up speed to complete, and there wasn't a recovery route. Also, there were a couple that needed the terrain smoothed out on. It's almost like you planned to go back to them but never did.

> Was it impossible to do anything?

Yes, or well, like I mentioned above, you could probably lower the landing area on a few jumps to make it easier to get across. And those couple rough spots were a bit too jagged for a nice complete lap. Overall, tho, this is a very good beginning.

> Was it too long?

No, but it's an extremely complicated map. Not too complicated. I'm just noting it as a point, that's all.

You did well to leave the models out until you're finished with the terrain. However, I seemed to run into something invisible as I approached cp3. I looked in traxx but couldn't see anything so I'm not sure what that was about.

I didn't look for shortcuts but I think on something this complex most people won't be straying too far off the road anyway.

So far, I think this is shaping up to be your best track yet. Work on those jagged spots, put in some cp markers, maybe a tree here and there, and you'll be in good shape. Keep it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:24 pm 

Thanks Phin. I did that layout/textures/terrain in maybe three hours, along with the checkpoints, and course. I think that the invisible thing is the end of a ckbox. I ran into that when I tested it... AFTER I uploaded it. I moved the ckbos down a bit so it really shouldn't present a problem anymore. I Think. I figured out (I think) that you cannot run into a ckbox sideways. (like into the small, square edge that you can see through (almost) in traxx) I am going to be away at camp for three weks, but I'll be back on weekends, so I can work on it then, and then, once school starts (August 9) I won't be allowed to use the computer. So.... I better work fast.

~RD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:26 pm 
Trackologist

Hehe school - it's probably ruined many a mtm career. Someone should do something about thatl lol.

As for your track, yes, this one shows promise, RD - much promise. If you can hang on for a few days I'll take pics and give you some thoughts from a racer's perspective, some things to consider. Got family in town right now, so uh...yeah.

As for working fast, I sure hope you take your time with this one. Man, it could turn out to be pretty dang nice. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:39 pm 

ok. I just added trees. Lotsa trees. It looks good though. but, if you read some of my other posts today, my mtm has been acting funny, so I can't test it to see how the trees look in the game.

About school... How many mtmers are still in school or were still in school when they started. I mean grade school, not college. I'm going into eighth grade at Pine View School for the Gifted. If anyone lives in Florida, they may know where that is, and if anyone is still in grade school, and lives in Sarasota, and goes to Pine View, or is on the Sharks, you might know me!!!

The Sharks is a competetive swim team, by the way. Usually, my usrname for anything is imaswimmer7391, but I decided for something different for mtm.

Okay. Sorry. got a little carried away there. Too much sugar.

tata for now!

~RD