MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am

Post subject: The Odd Regeneration Of Cucumber Chaos Now With A Telly-Port
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:42 pm 

Well after a bit of a break I decided to come back and work on Cucumber Chaos. I thought I'd see what I could do that I haven't seen before.

The track is the same as the old Cucumber Chaos but now has another large section. In the old track you were a micro machine sized truck. You drove through a fridge, along a worktop, through a roll of paper, onto the floor, into a toaster then flew onto a table, went around and back off the table, along the floor dodging pieces of toast and finally up a guitar back to the beginning.
I've added a section just after you drop off the breakfast table. You now drive up a road sign and fly towards a TV. Not just any TV. This one's a Telly-port (teleport ha ha ugh). You appear (with a little ramp trickery) outside now the size of a normal remote control car driving down a mud bank and through a fence. You go round through a couple of gardens, through a house and into the fireplace. This is where I kinda ran out of ideas and the file started to get a bit large so you cruise down a black tunnel with weird lines and pop back out on the floor next to the road sign.

So far I haven't added the new part of the course to the computer trucks and the track is called 'Cucumber TRAINS' from where I added a toy train and needed to tell apart the files. The background's also not really there because well I forgot how and I was busy.
I'd be more than grateful to anyone who wants to try the track in it's slightly messy state just to tell me what you think. I'll clean it all up and finish it in a week or two once I'm happy with the layout.
Cheers
Download Cucumber Chaos Here

------------------
SIGage
sigage@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:13 pm 
You Gonna Eat That?

Copy & Paste link from the first post to download everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:29 pm 

All links fixed now.

I finished the layout and computer truck paths but for some reason the computer trucks keep slowing down. If anyone can fix the truck paths (the download on my site includes the .txx file if you use traxx) I'd be very grateful so I can actually get this finished.

- SIGage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:02 pm 
Glow Ball

I get a can't find file message. If you have trouble using geocities, think about uploading to the track page as a beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:19 pm 
Quote:
I get a can't find file message.

Me too. Thinking it was a matter of case I changed kaos to Kaos and got the file on that first guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:36 pm 

Ok Ok now it works I promise ha I keep getting problems with that but its fixed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:46 pm 
Glow Ball

Got it, thanks. Zip inside a zip, eh? lol

Anyway, Sig, man oh man you really put a lot into this one. It's a riot too. I love that train. Seriously now, tho, you've got so much going on I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for. For now, I think I'll limit myself to two tips. First, if you use the shiny face type on models the rounding is much better. We discovered this only recently. You might like to try it on the salt shakers to see if it has worth while effect. Second, for the truck paths, if you can run tracked2 have a look at it in there since tracked2 connects the ends of the segments so you can sometimes see oddities you can't see in traxx. Oh, one more thing. The long green tunnel, you might want to put no collide ends every so often so the <i>white at the end of the tunnel</i> doesn't show through. I had to do that on alphaville.

PS. The jumping robot is very well done too. Nice job on the animation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:51 pm 

wow, this track really impressed me. Moving objects :) Nice themes and the child rooms with toys, outside. Its: WOW, great job if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:03 pm 

Yeah cheers for taking a look guys, I've been playing around with a few games recently ready for my games design degree in September so I thought I'd mess with MTM seeing as I've been doing it for ages. I'll add those shiny textures and edit the track course in TrackEd. I never used it for making tracks yet but I'll see how it goes. I'll put up the bare skeleton of my site and put it on there tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:15 pm 
Glow Ball

Another game designer, eh? We'll get mtm3/2.1 done yet.

Anyway, if you look at it in tracked2 don't make the changes there or you won't be able to use the txx. Just have a look to see what you can see, then make the changes using traxx... unless you plan to finish it in tracked2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:29 pm 

I tried the shiny textures thing. Didn't do anything for the salt shakers (I wonder who'd have so many salt shakers in their house?). I tried it on the cat and the chalk - exellent results, the cat is no longer an angular blob, it looks a whole lot more like a cat. The course segments work after some adjustment in trackEd. I just cloned the pod back into traxx, put the backdrop in again and shifted some sugar cubes around. Sometimes the trucks tend to go very slow on parts of the track. I can figure that out but it's not really a problem (theres no speed limits set). It's all good to go apart from the ui bitmaps now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:45 pm 
easy company

There are a few models where their invisible areas are interfering with the course.. The two wine bottles on the right just before the sink would be an example. These would be better set to no collide with some object boxes set in for a more accurate impact zone, like you did with the cat.

Either way, I'm glad that you decided to finish this track up, it turned out exceptional, very nice work sig. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:53 pm 

Check

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:35 am 
MTM2 Fanatic

mate :)