MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

Post subject: BsBird Final Beta...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:07 pm 

This is the final beta for my new track. Phineus, your help would be appreciated again with your feedback, especially with the lighting we left off with. I had changed the lighting back to its original state.

Keep in mind of the following...
Checkpoints - Thinking of going with just the floating markers here removing the box's on the sides.

Models - Should I throw in some shrubs/trees to fill in the empty non racing areas or not??

Name - So far I have come up with using 'BsPondRally' for a name. Any ideas, all suggestions will be considered for the next couple days.

Click BsBird below to download the beta...
BsBird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:57 pm 
Glow Ball

Your timing is pretty good. I've been pre-occupied off line but was thinking to ask on the rip forum how this was coming.

> Checkpoints

I liked the old cp's but since you've spruced up several areas and added in quite a few ground boxes I think this is fine too.

> Models

Personally, I've been going minimal lately. In your case, I thought the bushes around the start line were fine before. You might think to add something in for that long straight stretch, but I don't think it "needs" anything more than that. The ground boxes and graphics already provide ample eye candy.

> Name

Yea, B's Bird. Sounds good to me. At least, that's what I've been calling it to myself. And once you put aside all the imagery that calls to mind, it actually becomes a fun name for the track. Pond Rally is okay too, tho.

> A safe drive.

It's much less harazrdous to drive now than it was before. I kind of liked the little jump at cp's 2 and 9 but you're probably right. Better for competitive racing now.

> the lighting we left off with

Let's wait til you get the final - models and such will affect it - then I'll do a track palette for you. It only takes a couple minutes and as we saw before the new file is easy to add in.

That's all for now.