MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:14 pm 
easy company

Below are a few updated team billboards.

These (imo) look better than any i've done before, and they glow in the dark when light shines on 'em so they'll look great on a dusk track near a corner. Big prop's to the people who worked up the original artwork, all I did was arrange it and trim the models down some.

http://malibu350.com/temp/SLObb04.zip

http://malibu350.com/temp/RIPbb04.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:23 pm 
The Dog House

Thanks man, like your Zeptar. LoL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:19 pm 

Wow! I cant wait to see them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:00 pm 
The Dog House

This is what the idea of the track is. I knew that if I was going to do an Isle type track that it would have to be different than Beccas Jamaican Dream.

http://www.worldfromtheweb.com/Parks/Gr ... Lakes.html

So does any one know of this tree model or something close.

http://www.50states.com/tree/michigan.htm

Thanks guys Im not good at tree types.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:30 pm 
The Dog House

Please remove the first NIR beta. Ok, after you pass Cp 3 and 5 you'll have a jump. Under the ground where those two jumps are there are ramps. So be ready to fly a little, hit them clean as you can to make your jumps right. There are two lanes to make Cp 1, the road and the first set of poles to the right. Hope you guys cant fall a sleep now, bad turn and you'll kiss that lap goodbye and possibly the race. Best race track I've made. HeHe.

Still have to place Cp's and maybe a few ground boxes in some trees, hoping there away from the road far enough so that I dont need many. There's one real short cut, hope you's find it. I know I'll need a touch up or two so please inform me of any thing that needs work. This can be a heck of a fun track with a few folks together or one trying to set track records by one's self. I know I've made ones that my look better, but this track I like.

Download Here; http://www.karf.net/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=4281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:43 pm 
easy company

I'm not sure the ramps on the jumps are a good idea since if someone takes the turn wide they'll hit the side of it rather unexpectedly causing a roll, plus they seem unatural when taken straight on.. The terrain jumps you have set up should do fine by themselves.

I will hook you up with some textures where the jumps begin and end so they tile better.

The terrain under the lighthouse by the flagpole needs adjusting on the ocean side.

The collision boxes seem to be in place for all the trees that matter (nearest the course).

exceptional job overall Charles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:33 pm 

I'm enjoying this version of the track much more that the last one I tried.

The trees greatly reduce the empty feel the older version had, the jumps/hill are great, and the addition of the pier that racers must drive beneath was a nice touch. This track is really becoming "ship-shape", mate! Very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:09 am 
The Dog House

Thanks guys. Ramps do look bad after watching a replay. I'll remove fast like, LoL. Terrain on ocean side and dont need ground boxes, got it. Great, {Big Thanks} on the textures Mal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:00 am 

Great Job Charles! The layout feel so much better now. It doesn't feel like doing the same thing over and over anymore. Reasonable challenge and a layout that flow like that is usually a succesfull mix.

Will run it some more later today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:19 am 
The Dog House

Good to hear Jumper, with those ramps gone it feels a whole lot better too. More control in the jumps with out them and didnt lose distance in the jump either. Thanks Mal for the call on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:52 am 
easy company

Here's the road end textures... NIRxtras.zip. Those will cover all directions.

Be sure and generate a custom palette for your track before the final release since that will greatly improve not only the ground textures but also the colors on all the models.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:11 pm 
Trackologist

I've changed my mind; I like the first version a lot better. Put it back the way it was before. LOL actually I'll have a look at this later today and give ya some feedback. From what I've read, however, sounds like all is well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:12 pm 
The Dog House

Ok after customizing the palette I lost the blue in the water, so I opened the PODVIEW and took out the RIPPLE files out of a FIXALL 3. Fixed the blue. Now the lights comming from the light house's are a little blue gray, so can I take the light's or white files from FA3 to fix that as well? Dont want to do that until I hear from you guys to make sure that'll work.

Mal, I put the textures at the edge of the jumps. Is this what I was meant to do, sorry if I'm a pain. Just want to make sure that's right. Thanks man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:16 pm 
easy company

The colors look fine to me unless you're going to allow clear weather then I suppose blue would be an issue.

picture

As for the light texture? lol, my eyes must be worse than I thought lol... Yes, you can load a white texture and regenerate to see if that makes a difference.. don't use the models texture because it's mostly black... any white texture will do.

Yes, those textures should go where the roads end (at the top of the jump)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:32 pm 
Trackologist

Oh yeah, now that's more like it! At a glance I noticed the water <a href="http://mtm2.com/~forum/images/nirwaterlevel.jpg">here</a> swallows up the road when the level rises--might wanna correct that. Otherwise it looks really good! I'll have a closer look tonight, partner. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:58 pm 
The Dog House

LoL, well I'd best leave well enough alone. Those pictures look better than the track itself. Looks good to you and thats fine by me then bud. Thanks, I hoped I was right about those textures.

Cope said I like the first version better. HeHe. Now you tell me. Good one Cope. I'll see about that water problem man. Thanks

Every time I see the textured sky It looks better. I drive with cockpit view so I dont notice it. Seems to help with any lag tracks may have. But I'll have to run it and see how good that looks. Nice shots again Mal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:53 am 
The Dog House

Well I sure do like the Cp's. Hope you guys like them as well. What I need to know is weather the S/F line works for you's. Its about the only thing I could come up with that seemed to match what I've got going with the rest. Personally I do but I'd best check with the folks that will be running it, YOU'S LoL.

O' please remove the second one, Beta that is. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:30 am 
Trackologist

K, I've been awake for quite a few hours, and I'm simply too tired to guess. So...what's S/F stand for lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:20 pm 
Glow Ball

S / F = San Francisco

=========

I didn't drive v2, but this is getting nice. I like the way you've worked the piers into the race line. My only tech observations for the moment are the backdrop doesn't show up for me, and the start finish line either needs rethinking or a lot of work on the transparency of the lights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:04 pm 
The Dog House

Wondering why the back drop isn't showing? Dont like the lights at the finish because of the tansparency. Not sure what I can do about that. Can change it but have NO idea what I can use, LoL. I know I'd like it to be as close to the Cp's as I can get. Any ideas would be great because I cant really find anything that comes close to them. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next