MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:32 pm 
Glow Ball

> Wondering why the back drop isn't showing?

Actually, that would be my mistake. I didn't realize which drop you were using and when I saw no shape or color, just dark, I assumed it wasn't showing. But having looked in binedit, I see which it is, and I guess I wouldn't expect it to be anything else at dusk. So, please disregard.

> the lights at the finish.... Not sure what I can do about that.

Can't you use the same lights from the ship or the lighthouse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:41 pm 
The Dog House

D'oh, good IDEA. That's why I'll always come here {People with common sence AND brains} LoL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:14 pm 

> {People with common sence AND brains}
...Where can I buy me some? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:39 am 
Trackologist

Very nice work, Charles. This is indeed your finest work yet. I'll have a closer look tomorrow - see if anything's out of order, but man, so far I'm extremely impresssed. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:23 am 
The Dog House

Thanks Cope, that truly means something to me comming from you man. I think some place about the last third or less of this track I finally got it. Cant say what it is, because I dont know {A good nites sleep and a couple pills should get rid of it LoL} what it is.

ED, WHEN YOU FIND A PLACE TO BUY IT, PLEASE let me know bud LoL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:53 pm 
Trackologist

Well, after a leisurely stroll thru checking collision properties, checkpoints for proper operation (making sure they trip regardless of how close you shave em or the angle at whic you drive thru them), and what not, all I found was a case of shinethroughs (which isn't your problem, actually - Fixmore4 will compensate for that) and this ever so slightly floating tree - lol not a heck of a whole lot. You still have a very mild water level problem in that same spot, Charles; might want to have another look at that.

That's it for me though - I'm signing off on this baby if he's done adding stuff. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:04 pm 
Glow Ball

> all I found was a case of shinethroughs (which isn't your problem, actually - Fixmore4 will compensate for that)

Is that cobalts sign? I noticed them when I ran the track but didn't see any shine through. However, if the sign has been renamed or edited, then the fix should go in the track rather than the fix pod. Charles, let me know where you got it from and what, if anything, you've done. We'll get it fixed easily enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:58 pm 
The Dog House

Phineus I got them at MTMG, Animated Customs, Rooskie. Have not done anything with them, i'm not that good LoL.

One more notch Cope, that should do it. More than likely not on adding anymore, but if I do it would be something more by the start/finish line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:49 pm 
Glow Ball

I looked everywhere for that thing and couldn't find it, lol. Anyway, download again and unzip the bin into your models folder - the art hasn't changed. That'll fix it for your track and I'll add it to the fix pod as well.

<ul><li><a href="http://cownap.com/~mtmg/models/Custom/Mtmczips/warnsign.zip">warnsign.zip</a></li></ul>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:53 pm 
The Dog House

Thanks Phineus. I hope the link I give here comes out right.

Bottom one

http://cownap.com/~mtmg/models/Custom/canimate.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:12 am 
Glow Ball

The download file has been updated. Please download it, and unzip the bin to the models folder before you create the next pod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:53 am 
The Dog House

Ok Ok, some have ask about a day version so. Ive got a NIR-Day version, same and not the same. First question is should it be with the other track? Like a two in one zip. Not IN the same POD because I hate it when folks do that. That way you only have to keep the one you like and ditch the other. Or should I upload as another track. They are just a little diff, the newer has a twist to it. Harder, more like a pro version you could say. An idea I got from Malibu_350. Thanks Mal, LoL. Some may say why didnt you just reset the setting in the first, well I love the first track with the spot lights and it didnt look good in the day as it was with the lights from the lighthouse so I changed a couple things around. The layout is the same but the course is a little diff in a few spots. Please let me know what you thank, if every body likes the idea I'll put out a beta which is ready. Just wanted to see what you guys think first. Could have done a poll but dont see a need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:17 pm 
easy company

NIR Lite sounds like a great idea to me... I've done the same thing for several tracks for various reasons. The only one I never released was OCIR in pitch black... people kept complaining about getting lost halfway to the finish so I scrapped that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:52 pm 

Personally, I would have left it as a twilite track only, but if they must have a daytime version, then I'd suggest putting it in the same zip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:18 pm 
The Dog House

NIR Lite, sounds good. May have to go with that Mal. Unless you got copy rights after that, LoL. Two pods in a zip, I like it. Would this all be a hassle Phineus? If so I'll just upload it by its self. But first I'd like to do a fast beta once over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:32 pm 
easy company

Use any name ya like Charles.

As for the upload, just upload a separate zip that way people get what the want and don't get what they don't need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:33 pm 
Glow Ball

I don't care about file updates and switches. That's no hassle at all. However, I don't think you should put two pods in one download since it would double the zip size to three megs. Instead, you should put both in the same pod or just offer it as an additional option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:00 pm 
The Dog House

Thanks guys. Since some perfer day and others like the dusk and the tracks have a small bit of differents {In some ways way different} then two separate tracks.{Downloads}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:18 pm 
The Dog House

O' by the way I said its a harder track the NIR-Lite version right. LoL. Also need to add it may help to have your in game Graphic's {Hardware Option's} Visibility at 100% to see the extra's on the side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:03 pm 
easy company

The trucks are slightly underground when the race begins. Move em a little in traxx and they'll reset to ground level.

The sailboats appear to be riding a little high on the water so ya might want to drop the terrain a tad under their track.

Check your texture grips, it feels as though some are set to default instead of dirt... If this is by design and not an oversight then ignore me on this one.

That's it.

Well done man, you've made some nice changes beyond just tweaking the weather mask.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next