MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:15 pm

Post subject: Road Demon's Newest
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:19 pm 

Location: Lying on my bed in the middle of the night, editing tracks with Traxx on my laptop, in Sarasota FL
I just finished a few new tracks. One of them is pretty well finished, I think, but the other is a little iffy. I need someone to test them for me please! :)

http://karf.net/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=4296
http://karf.net/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=4279
http://karf.net/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=4295

the last two links are essentially the same track, there is a slight variation.

and then...

http://karf.net/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=4130

and I want to try to find and upload another track that I've finished but haven't uploaded yet. I'll get back to you later on that...

~Road Demon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:47 pm 

Location: Lying on my bed in the middle of the night, editing tracks with Traxx on my laptop, in Sarasota FL
alright... I uploaded the other track thinking it was ok, but it is a super-beta... it needs some work. the checkpoints are out of order, it's rough in quite a few areas and it took me almost fifteen minutes to run the whole thing... BUT you can find it here:

http://karf.net/~tracks/dl.cgi?dl=4297

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:28 am 
Glow Ball

Five at one go is a bit tough without some sort of guidance about what you're looking for. Or, preferrably, let us know which "one" you want to begin with, then we can go through them one at a time.

And for anybody wanting to see the pics and info before downloading, here's the links to the download page.

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?s=mo ... ip&file=on
http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?s=in ... ip&file=on
http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?s=da ... ip&file=on

http://mtm2.com/~tracks/tracks.cgi?s=fire+and+ice (2 versions)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:58 am 

weel I just finished Insomnic Insanity a few days ago... let's have a go at that one first. How does it compare to the masters? Is it too long? Were there issues with anything? Was there anything you didn't like aboutit? Anything you thought was cool?

Road Demon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:33 pm 
The Dog House

I'll give it a run. See what you got going. Get back at you later today or tomorrow. [(-:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:04 pm 

Not too shabby there Road Demon. It seems you are the only person still doing tracks for MTM1. MTM1 has to be the second greatest game of all time, only MTM2 is better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:50 pm 

is it just me, or was fire and ice uploaded last year as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:14 pm 
The Dog House

Hey Road Demon. Classic look was the first thing that hit me, which goes well because it is MTM. Some candy for the eyes would be nice. Because of the two textures only I was lost at times. Some model placement could correct a lot of that. Little long for me but, as I always say I LOVE SHORT TRACK. LoL [tu]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:36 am 
Trackologist

I'll have a go at it tomorrow, bud - get ya some feedback, and if necessary, pics as well. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:50 am 
Trackologist

I get the impression this is a beta track, RD. It certainly isn't a bad start, that's for sure. I had a teammate run it and he came up with 7:45.13. This replay is a 6:01 run, and it's got a few miscues in it on my part. I'd say if I took the time to refine the shortcuts (and if I could see the markers lol), I could easily get it down in the low to mid 5:30s.

There are a wide range of views and opinions on shortcuts. The kind of shortcuts I found in this track are much too obvious, and they really slice your track up quite a bit, particularly between checkpoints 4 and 6, as well as 8 & 9. I definitely like your attempt at trying to add variety, and in many cases you succeed. Yep, there's room for improvement, but first take a look at the shortcuts.

Between adding a few more checkpoints and making adjustements in the terrain you can negate 80% of the cuts I found....probably all of them in fact. If not, models work wonders for that sort of thing as well.

While you're having a look at that replay I'll run the track several more times taking pictures, which will also include suggestions, recommendations, possibly a few questions, and the like. Just so you know, however, I'm in the middle of a rather major project, so it's going to take me a couple of days to take the pics and put all my thoughts down for ya...so if you don't mind being patient, I'll get it done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:50 pm 

Thanks for the input... I left the models off of the track so I could have a clean beta run. Yes, I redid Fire+Ice, so there are two versions, with only slight differences.

I'll keep working!

[;)]

~RD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:11 pm 

And yes, the only reason I still do mtm1 tracks is because my mom considers me to be obsessed enough with mtm1 that there is no reason for me to have mtm2. If I could glean a copy off anyone... Then I could start making REAL tracks... I have the trial of mtm2 and know how to configure it, but it really is a pain to do all the renaming stuff. I'll try doing some mtm2 work though. Keep your eyes open! :)

~RD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:32 pm 
The Dog House

I'll let NIR_Ashes know to check your post here. He maybe able to get MTM2 for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:02 am 

That would be awesome! Thanx Charles!

~RD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:26 am 

I PM'd NIR_ashes back, after he PM'd me... this might work out! thanks again charles!

~RD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:09 pm 
The Dog House

NP bud. Hope we can get ya going. [(-:]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:08 pm 

Could "Madness 2.1" work? Or do you have to have monster truck madness 2 anyway for that to work? Fill me in!

~RD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:58 pm 

2.1 is an add-on patch to the game.

You have to have the retail version of Monster Truck Madness-2 on CD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:34 pm 
Trackologist

I'll have some pics ready for ya tomorrow, RD. Like I said, I'm pretty busy, but I wanted to assure you I hadn't forgotten about this. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:54 pm 

alright. Thanks! I'm usually only active on weekends anyway...
(school)

~RD