MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:51 am 

OH ya I saw that it realy didnt bother me much .. but ya Ill fix that.

Also .. the guy fishing .. if you look the model dosent reflect the the guy in water its either a tree or it looks like one of the haybails.. anyone know why this happens .. is it just something with anim bins . ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:08 am 
Trackologist

Don't know what that reflection thing is all about, but at cp 14, if you cut it really close . . . as in, go in super tight on that left-hand 180º turn, it won't trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:14 am 
Glow Ball

> the model dosent reflect the the guy in water

I saw two trees, the side of the grand stand and the hay bale. I don't recall seeing that particular quirk in the game before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:58 pm 

OK .. the track is finished.,. well more like IM sick of working on it..the AI trucks seam to be working fine now .. but they are not competitive.. IM pretty sure I have fixed all that needs fixing .. I just started school again .. grr so my time is limited .. so if I dont release this now ..thers a good chance it will never be out.. anyway .. its uploaded now so you guys and remove the Beta one .. or beta2 what ever its called .. sry for the extra work there whomever it is that has to get ridd of it .. soooooo

I hope you all like it ..

World OUT... lol god I hate that crap lol

l8trz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:04 pm 

Lol.....Hope the school goes by quickly.

As far as competitive AI trucks go, the only tracks where I feel any competition from them are those with long straights. The AI bot-driver tends to brake too much in turns in my opinion. I tend to powerslide myself.

For that reason, ai trucks will probably never be competitive on tight MX-style tracks. At least not for me. but hey, that's what online racing is for, right?

P.S....Love the track. Nice work bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:48 pm 
Glow Ball

> the extra work

Cope does all that, so bring more if you want.

http://cownap.com/~tracks/details.cgi?t=4319

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:28 am 
Trackologist

Hehe well, it's a done deal now, and although it doesn't take away from how much fun this track is to drive, it could've used one more 'look-see' prior to release. Right after cp 15, on the right, there's a red hb that's a few feet off the grass. The thing that really got my attention was the invisible wall you used to prevent shortcutters. World, World, World - invisible walls are no longer . . . en vogue, my man. As soon as I hit that sucker it was 1999 all over again lol. You obviously threw in an additional hb, but there was still some space between them, so I thought I'd see if I could exploit it . . . only to run into your cheesey wall.

Still, those who never attempt to circumvent the the woops will never know it's there . . . but I'll be sure to tell em anyway lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:52 pm 

yaya ya I know ..invis walls are cheesy .. but I ran out models I maxed them out .. I went around looking for some I could get rid of but I couldent find any... and an airborne HB huh .. hmm I thought for sure I got them all .. oh well like I said .. I realy dont have the time anymore.. well at this time .. most people will just drive past and prob not even see it .. I hope anyway..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:07 pm 
Trackologist

LOL true, most prob won't notice either bud. To be perfectly honest I'm dang glad to see ya put out a track - despite the minor snafus. It's a very nice track - lots of fun to race. I think it's better than OGX MX personally, but I like that one too!

Oh and I don't think you needed to take a model out. Repositioning would've done the trick. ;) Again, minor stuff man . . . just don't do it again lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:07 pm 

lol no I was talking about the invis wall .. to add one you have to have an opening .. I used up all the spots for models .,. I could have just added more trees .. but I was maxed out .. so I made one last spot and put in the invis wall ... thats the only resone I used it ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:09 pm 
Glow Ball

You could have taken out the floating hay bale, that would've freed up one more spot :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:38 pm 

nooooo because they are all red blue red blue .. ( for the most part .. )
and that would bugger that all up . no ...its maxed .. thers other anim stuff I made that I wanted to add that I dont think has been done befoer .. ( might have been, like I would know )

Anyway ya sorry for the HB .. but look past it .. ( copey you hippy) and run thae track .. I like it.. but the thing that bugs me now about it .. is that its just another Maui track ..

I wanted it to be more.. but it realy cant be aslong as it is what it is.. the next track .. god willing I have the time .. will be more on the lines of SRT mountain .. kind of a jump back to the old school tracks we used to run, not very real and full of stuff to *beep* ya off if you dont have the right speed ..

IM going over some stuff in my little brain already .. IM hoping to have somthing for you goofballs to alfa some time soon .. week or 3 .. copey cant run it .. well not untill he cuts that hair anway ..

silly hippys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:32 pm 

4x4 mountain is still one of my favorites....Maybe something along those lines...

Quote:
nooooo because they are all red blue red blue .. ( for the most part .. )

Lol...Still a stickler for detail...That's m' boy!

P.S.....I love all your MX tracks, but do they all have to be in Maui? (tease!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:41 am 
Trackologist

He "used" to be a stickler for details. Now he uses invisible walls lolol. Oh, and love the floating hb line, Phin lmao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:35 pm 
Glow Ball

I vote we fix this one (floater HB) if he won't... before it gets too wide spread. Geez.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:09 pm 

OK i fixed the HB next to cp 15.. .. so what should i do with it .. upload it as fixed ?

OH ya know what traxx needs,.... a snap objects to ground option.. one click puts them all on the ground .. then if you have to maybe you can sink one if you need it under or something ... thats the main prob I had with the models.. is that its hard to tell if the SOBs are on the ground under the grown or in the air ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:14 pm 
Trackologist

Whoa - since you're fixing stuff, here's what I suggest (for what it's worth anyway lol):

Take out these three trees. After looking around your track, there really isn't much depth with respect to the 'woodwork' you have symmetrically distributed around the track. Removing those three won't change a thing in my opinion.

Then place 3 hb's as shown here. You may have to move them around some, but the goal is to negate access, or at the very least, make it so that a racer has to be extremely cautious about navigating thru there, which of course, cost him/her time. If you're burning up seconds just trying to get to a shortcut, there's no sense in taking it because you'll come about about the same if you just stay on the road. Hehe sometimes going for cuts results in losing time. Then you can remove that dang invisible wall lol.

Oh, and as far as this . . .

Quote:
its hard to tell if the SOBs are on the ground under the grown or in the air

Stop whining. If anyone could do it, you wouldn't be . . . "special" lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:52 pm 

But But their happy trees ..

your so mean to me .. :cry:

ok...then what should I do upload it as fixed ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:07 pm 
Trackologist

Yeah, upload as a fixed version - I'll turn off the old one. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:45 pm 
Glow Ball

If you turn off the old one, then you don't need to call it 'fixed' since it'll be the only one on the page.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next