MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

Post subject: Mountain Racing 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:42 pm 

Ok, well, I decided a while ago that I would redo mountain racing to see how it would turn out with the same concept and a newer knowledge of the game compared to when the track was made.

I have made new textures with a similar style, which are much more pleasing to the eye, and don't have seems. I cloned the original and have laid out a new course.

I posted this as a reminder to myself to get going and finish. Hopefully in the next week I will have a working terrain posted.

My main influence to pick this up again is the lack of circuits and rallies thus far in 2006. I have nothing against drags, but 23 drags in 2 months and only 2 circuits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:51 pm 

i agree about the two few of actuall races

i am working on one also and look forward to testing your if you don't mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:33 pm 

Question, Is it possible to put an entire traxx project folder on one of those usb pocket drives, and work off of that drive? Or would I have to copy it from the drive onto the comp?? Problem is, I don't have much time here and I'm thinking if I can work it off of the pocket drive, I'd be able to do it in between classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:54 pm 
easy company

Yes you can. A few weeks ago I picked up a usb 4gb micro drive to back up critical data so as not to have to hassle with burning cd's. I've dabbled with running a couple programs off it and other than there being a couple extra seconds of delay vs the hd it works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:46 pm 
easy company

I loaded traxx onto the micro drive just to be doubly sure there'd be no problems and it runs perfectly. I edited txx's off my main c: drive from it as well as txx's directly on the micro drive itself. Very handy if you work from several computers.

Note that this is not a flash drive, i'm not sure about those. This is what I have...

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4286504

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:48 pm 

will this track be smooth and fast or a rough and slow kind of track? or a combonation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:21 pm 

Well, I'm not sure the difference between flash and non-flash. Mine is a ScanDisk Cruzer Micro 512mb. I think it may considered flash, but I'm not sure, I'll try it come tomorrow.

Slayer, I'm trying to make a track with a similar style as my first, but reflecting what I've learned since then. I've noticed you don't need to make large changes in altitude. I'm thinking this track will end up your description of smooth and fast, though I want to also make a few technical sections that would require some practice to make a smooth fast line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:59 am 

Traxx works on my usb drive. Saving just takes a bit longer of course. Hopefully now I'll be able to get some work done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:02 am 

Way to go Kdawg. Great to see another circuit maker back on the scene. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:01 pm 

Well, This is a very rough "sketch" of what it will be. Still not very complete. Some portions are a lot rougher than I intend for them to be, but I wanted to release a drivable beta to get some input.

Beta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:12 pm 
easy company

Thatsa nice start Kdawg. The textures and layout look great man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:12 am 
Glow Ball

I don't know what you're looking for but here's a few things I found. I had to put a backdrop in before I could drive it. Way too much hall of mirrors for my tired eyes. Anyway, the landing area after that first real jump can be tricky. I'm not saying change it, just noting. The curve at the top of the hill after that first landing area - kind of at the top after the u-turn is halfway a blind hill... it's easy after you know it's there but the sight line isn't obvious. The rest I think is okay. The road/jump after the purple textures is rough but again I don't know if it needs changing. And there is a jump before the final curve. That one, I would touch up. Nothing worse than racing for the finish line and needing to put on your brakes to stay on the road. The home stretch should be all accelerator. So, checkpoints, markers, backdrop, this is nearly ready.

I ran approximately 1:30