MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm

Post subject: Fantasy Isle by Fatal_Error
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 12:00 pm 

I've just uploaded my newest track called Fantasy Isle to KC's beta page. I would appreciate any feedback about this track.
http://vales.com/NoDirectLinkBeta/FantasyIsle.zip

Maybe you can help me figure out this problem. Close to the finish line, your driving across a long boardwalk-like platform. For some reason, the comp trucks slow down in 2 spots while driving across this boardwalk...once while over the RR tracks and 1 more time after that.

Any comments or suggestions about the overall track (positive/negative) will be appreciated.

>Fatal_Error

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2000 1:25 pm 
Glow Ball

after cp1 there is a ground box bridge ...leaving the bridge there is a slight rise that if you hit too fast will throw you over the curve....you might want to smooth that out ie. lower the bump or raise the curve.

Same thing on the jump where you head for Nrrivas' billboard (before the final stretch to cp2). The computer trucks wipe out every time. the cause here is high speed from the straight combined with the bump on the curve.

The curve at cp2 sneaks up on you quickly. Brighter textures? (or should I take driving lessons?)

This might be a good time to suggest you set the sun in the middle, directly over head, that will eliminate some of the darker shadows.

There is a huge cut between cp4 and cp5. take a quick left when you're near the top of the final hill and you can drive flat along the grass, way quicker than the angled sandy road. The easiest fix would be to drop the middle of that areas to one foot below the water level. That'll slow 'em down.

Okay, details out of the way. The track looks great. You've got some great looking textures there. and the models work well. The moving boats in the canals are a nice touch.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:03 pm 

OK, here's version 2 of Fantasy Isle. Problems have been corrected as well as some new custom textures added, course landscape changes and 256x256 textures replaced with 64x64 on track surfaces to decrease lag.

Please comment and offer any suggestions. If it's ready to upload with the big boys...give me the word! Thanks...Fatal_Error

p.s. the track is on KC's beta page: http://vales.com/NoDirectLinkBeta/FantasyIsle_v2.zip

[This message has been edited by Fatal Error (edited 29-03-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 8:12 pm 
Glow Ball

I didn't see your post here. I went over to kc's beta page and lo there it was, so I thought I'd follow it up and see what you've done.

Much improved. You've noted all the suggestions and the track is much better for it. wtg.

One thing I did notice however is there is a bit more lag than I last remember. I think you've added many more models, and I don't remember the highway last time. No matter. You're getting near the limit for the number of models. Please watch you don't add too many more, or spread out the ones you do.

Oh, approaching cp7 (the start gate) you jump a canal on the last stretch. The landing area might benefit from less of a bump there.

Other than that, yes, it's ready. Good job.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 9:32 pm 

Phineus, thanks for testing it. I had to put the bump in after the jump approaching cp7 because the comp trucks were landing on back wheels and sliding straight into the barrier on 2 wheels. Couldn't think of any other way...Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:14 am 

I tested the first version and I am starting to download the second one. Great job! The only thing i didn't like was those yellow textures on the last turn. They seemed slippery to me. anyways when i download the second one i'll post again on it. For now i'm taking some time and fixing up my beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:57 am 

I got the new one and now i think its cool! At first i thought i was gonna fall of into the water because of the fences not there but it look better without them. Great fix for those yellow textures! This in my opinion is a keeper (even though it may not done)

Great Job Fatal Error!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2000 10:05 am 

Kdawg, thanks for the compliment...anyway are you using 3D hardware mode? The reason I ask is the "yellow" textures were actually light tan wooden planks. Don't know why they would look yellow. And yes, it was like driving on ice so I set it to dirt or something like that so there would be better traction. Thanks again...FE