MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

Post subject: Dead Land 1.3
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 1:15 am 

before I go any further on this track, I'd like to know if the animations are working for ya'll now. Phineus..let me know if you get errors. Malibu350: the comp trucks haul ass now Image
Look forward to your input. If there are still errors, I'm going to remove ani's and release the track. Thanks again..

Track is at KC's as DeadLand1.3.zip
FE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 1:55 am 

I can't wait to download 1.3.. I ran 1.2 yesterday and it's a fine looking track, good racing and the textures are suberb. Just the little tweaks needed that have been discussed. BTW I podded it as normal and got no error messages. Good work FE.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 2:28 am 
Glow Ball

I moved 1.3 back down in the list and it worked fine. You might want to place all animations on normal and complex levels. Speaking of level settings, I liked the bridge railings and would like to see them on sparse. Also, I noticed that the cp's still have the extra vertices problem. Will you be fixing that or leaving it to the fixit.pod? Lastly is the music. Thunder is a good ambient sound, but are you sure you want it as the tracks soundtrack?

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 2:52 am 

Thanks Emcee for the compliment. Phineus, the checkpoints were fixed in 1.2 but I'll check again. Also can I leave the flames on sparse or should they be on "normal"?

I tried using the thunder to activate like when you pass a certain object, but you can bearly hear it at all???
Even when I amplified it like 400% it was still hardly audible. I WANT the thunder but couldn't figure out any other way to do it cause I don't want rain. Any suggestions? I actually don't care about the music but I don't know how others feel about it.

FE

also about the checkpoints, I just checked and they're all correct. When I put this track on TOP of my older tracks in .ini file, the checkpoints are perfect. When I move the track UNDER my others, the CP's are screwed up with the vertex problem. I'll go ahead and rename all of the CP's in this track to unique names.

[This message has been edited by Fatal Error (edited 16-05-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 4:04 am 
Glow Ball

Yes, I think the flames are fine on sparse. You don't have enough models to really worry too much about a few flames.

Music. Personally, I think the music is as much a part of the track as any other component. However, I think I'm in the minority on this.

Thunder. Things to consider. First, a drive by sound may work if you set the object's "continous" sound property to the thunder file. If you use the game's sound files for this you should be okay. Of course, if you use the impact sound, then a truck would have to hit it before you'd hear anything. Second, your sound file was very audible as you have it set now. Third, it is possible to create a custom sound scheme for the track. This takes a lot of extra work but may be worth it. To see what I mean, take godzilla vs. bigfoot for a spin with the track music turned off. If you think you'd be satisfied with something like that, then maybe we should see what we can do. As I said, it's a lot of work, but there is flexibility too.

The checkpoints. Yep, it's probably Straight On causing the problems. I still have all the expo tracks mounted. I've still been looking at them. Anyway, yeah, renaming the fixed ones is probably the way to go.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 5:10 am 

Phineus, I did use the "continuous" drive by and it couldn't be heard. There is no "in game" selection under continuous for thunder. But when I set the thunder as the music track, it could be heard perfect. Is there a way to alter one of the in-game sounds and swap my thunder wav for the stock wav?

FE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 5:23 am 
easy company

everything looks fine from here, except you may want to go through some of your textures and reset there type, the grass sounds funny set to default...

nice work FE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 7:57 am 
Glow Ball

I just played around with the sounds like you said, and sure enough, they could hardly be heard. Try this dead land sound test and see what you think. It's probably the world's smallest working track d/l at 15k. It only uses stock sounds but could easily be made to include your custom sound. Turn the music off and give a listen.

------------------
- Phineus