MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

Post subject: The Warehouse by ObeOne
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 9:54 pm 

I've been working on this track for about 3 weeks now, and I think that it's coming along nicely. I wasn't sure I wanted to have an open beta, but I decided that I might as well, so that this track can be the best i've released Image

It's at KC's Beta section: Here

-ObeOne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:07 am 
Glow Ball

Looks really good. Those box textures are amazing. Overall you're in good shape, so let me just point out a few minor things. The passage through the pipe is a tight squeeze. The lighting on my monitor is really dark. Maybe bump up the daylight settings and/or place the sun directly overhead. The curved ramp of boxes is very good.

And the best idea I can come up with is one that'll work for any track. You know those holes in the groundbox ceiling where we allow the helicopters to drop the truck back down? Well, why not make a model that fits in there perfectly, then set it to no collide. That way, you'd plug the gaping hole and still allow the track to function properly.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 1:59 am 

This track looks great. It's a little dark in some places, but then again a warehouse doesn't always have alot of light. It's kinda like playing half-life or Soldier of Fortune but with trucks Image One thing...I would make the entrance to the ventilation shaft a bin that breaks away when you hit it. You can't drive "thru" a metal grate realistically. I can't wait to see the final product.

FE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 2:12 am 
Glow Ball

Oh yeah, it's a warehouse, isn't it. Well then I have one more suggestion. Repaint the backdrop. Maybe even include a couple ceiling rafters. As it is, I kept thinking "this looks like a kitchen for some reason" lol.

Oh, and on the breakaway part, just be careful to avoid too much clutter-junk.

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 3:37 am 

Greately done. Like the others said some places are a little dark, But overall the track is sweet! a few suggestions when it comes to checkpoints. when adding them don't put one near the place after jumping off the boxes. It looks cool with the rollcage and seems as if there is a guy somewhere in the warehouse. I'm not saying you should do this but it would look cool to add a person model near the rollcage to make it seem like its being worked on. Oh and the gate thing into the vent sort of thing should be set to default and should have a mass set to it.
Besides some of those minor adjustments it looks great.
Kdawg

[This message has been edited by Kdawg (edited 15-05-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 3:40 am 
Someone should point this out sooner or later.... You have a name conflict with "The warehouse" by this dude named SIG, his warehouse is a little crappy so to speak, but you might want to change the name a little (obe's warehouse for XMPL). I really like this kitchen clone, could use a little more light and a new ceiling (backdrop)would be nice, but overall this makes a very good alpha version;-), I would rate it "recommended dowload" already ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 2:26 pm 

Cool track Obeone!

My advice is going to lean toward making this thing have a better framerate.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 10:24 pm 

Winterkill, so ObeOne has just crossed over into..... "the too much lag zone"

It's nice to have company hehehe

FE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 2:04 am 

I won't add anything to what's been already mentioned on the technical side of this fine looking track. From an artistic point of view, it kicks *beep* (as we Brits say) Image
The models and textures are as good as Zoon's.In fact I found it reminissent of Zoon's Kitchen. If yer gonna emulate anyone - he's the man! I particularly liked the sound effect when busting through the grating to get into the "hidden" room - nice touch. A great novel theme all round. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Nice one ObeOne!

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2000 6:12 am 

I made that sound from parts of a lava lamp lol.

Anywho, I will try and reduce the lag as much as possible. Also, I mostly got the idea for this track from Re-Volt, but have checked ZooN's Kitchen for some reference.

I should have another vers. out pretty soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

-ObeOne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 10:31 pm 

OI!!!
OOPS!!!
MY TRACK AIN'T CRAPPY!!!
I'LL MAKE YOU SAY OOPS YOU LITTLE...!!!
Ahem. Sorry.
Just had to do that.
Nice track Obe

------------------
Yours Mentally