MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: MCTrekbeta1.1 by EmceeMart
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 8:22 am 

Improved, updated, still pretty sparse. Directional arrows and fences added.
MCTrekbeta1.1

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

[This message has been edited by EmceeMart (edited 06-06-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2000 2:38 am 
easy company

Everything is looking great MC, the only problem i had with it was that 1st downhill i flew right over the invisible barriers at the bottom the hill. the downhill slope just needs to be smoothed out so people can hit the brakes before the turn, with the bumps the tires are in the air at the key braking point, a bit of a bank would'nt hurt either but its not a must.

just keep pluggin away at the details and this will be a great MCrally/MCcircut

on another note you had mentioned that team OLD had selected your track for thier bi-weekly racing, well i was at the AXE team site yesterday and you may want to take a look at thier top ten new tracks page Image
http://www.crosswinds.net/~axeteam/
i have spent a great deal of time racing in tournaments in the past and this team is always at or near the top, and to me its a honor if something i had done gets thier recognition....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2000 9:37 am 

Hey Mal I just visited the AXE site and WOW! I do feel honoured - especially to be among such esteemed company Image

I thought I had fixed the first downhill, are you sure you got the latest beta? (mctrekb1-1.zip)
Anyhow thanks for your input - there should be another update in a week or 2.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 1:24 am 
Glow Ball

To tell the truth, I didn't think the first downhill was much of a problem in the first beta. But now it's very good. Build up some speed and hit it right and you don't even have to slow down.

Overall, the terrain is 100% better. Good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2000 7:21 pm 

I'll second Phin's latest comments. I must say this track is shaping up very nicely indeed! I look forward to the next installment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 10:40 am 
This track completly SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! the jump over the pond is way to big for one thing I was on proffesinal with 1000 gear and I barlely made it! Theres way to long sections of straights the pointing white arrows are SO STUPID!!!!! Everything of this track sucks from the course layout to the textures! Emcee should stop yelling at my tracks and trucks and start yelling at his!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 11:39 am 

Thankyou for your input Zonr_0. Be assured that I will take your very constructive analylsis into consideration.

>>the jump over the pond is way to big for one thing I was on proffesinal with 1000 gear and I barlely made it! <<

I think I recommended a minimum setting of Pro/1300/med/med in an earlier post to make this jump. However, apparantly you did actually make it, if "barlely". Well done.

>>Theres way to long sections of straights<<
Horses for courses dear boy. Please take the time to read the readme file and you will discover that I intend to make this a multiple pod with different layouts - some will have long straights, some not.

>>the pointing white arrows are SO STUPID!!!!!<<

Really? I kinda had the stupid idea that they gave you a clue as to which direction to go! Maybe I'm wrong but please bear in mind that this track is only in it's 2nd stage of the BETA. I shall probably replace the "stupid" arrows with something more subtle by the time I'm finished.

>>Everything of this track sucks from the course layout to the textures!<<
Please enlighten me... what would you suggest? The textures are mostly from Farm Road and I personally think that Terminal Reality Inc made a fine job of them.

>>Emcee should stop yelling at my tracks and trucks and start yelling at his!<<

Sorry, but I don't recall yelling at anyone. When I write a review I try my best to be critically constructive where I consider it's needed.

edit>> I see you were referring to my write-up of Construction Site Tag. I have reread it I stand by what I said. If you read it carefully you might realise I was trying to be helpful.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart>

[This message has been edited by EmceeMart (edited 12-06-2000).]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 1:01 pm 
easy company

he's right i tried it at 1000 but the top speed is 92mph you need at least 94mph to clear the lake which makes the minimum seting 1100 med soft at pro, but personally i would suggest 1600+ because there are area's that can reach 105mph, i just downshift through a couple of the corners if needed...

hmmm the mctrek i have which was the mctrekb1-1.zip does'nt have any stupid arrows in it ? Image somethin screwy goin on here so just disregard my comment on the downhill its probably fine...

Zonr_0 i'm sorry to hear that you took offence to MC's review, he is not one to flame someones work for no reason, he made some valid points that were intended to help you hone your track making skills and it was not a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination what he did was give you an "honest" interpretation of your track and thats something that can be ten times more valuable than all your buddies telling you its cool, awesome, or the bomb to your face but in reality they hate it, think about it and post your next track here in the beta section if you want to release a "bug free" track, no one will flame or trash your work here but we will point out problems or potential problems for the sole purpose of "helping" less experienced and even on occasion very experienced track makers be better... peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2000 9:47 am 

Posted by zonr_0: This track completly SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Not exactely

the jump over the pond is way to big for one thing I was on proffesinal with 1000 gear and I barlely made it!

Thats good for you I recomend you read the readme

Theres way to long sections of straights

Some straight-aways are better where they are then where some say they should be.

the pointing white arrows are SO STUPID!!!!!

Well without those arrows some get lost example: Me

Everything of this track sucks from the course layout to the textures!

Lets see, stock textures are free to use and are used by most. this layout is very good. and Emcee's tracks are also great. Also if I may add this is a beta. In other words "It is not Finished!"

Emcee should stop yelling at my tracks and trucks and start yelling at his!

I've never heard anybody yell at themselves (other than myself but i'm very unique and I have reason) this section is also used to point out errors and something that might seem offensive might have been made to be written different.
I would back MC up any day of the week and i'm sure other track makers would too.

just my $.02

------------------

K-Dawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2000 2:41 pm 

This is a beta, it's supposed to suck....

Personaly I see this as a track with a lot of potential. It still needs a lot of work but MC never said it didn't.........., so I sugest you work on your own masterpiece before dissin' someone else's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2000 2:48 pm 

Geez, stop complaining cause you got a bad reveiw, Zonr.

>>>...stupid white arrows...<<<

Yeah, I bet u'd be runnin' into walls without 'em.

>>>...the jump over the lake is way to long...<<<

Really? 1000 Pro baarley gets u goin' anywhere, if you really drive like a pro, you drive Pro 1500-1800, cause you can control yer truck really good.

>>>...way too long sections of straightaway...<<<

I distinctly remeber that I'm the one who said tracks that are so technically good are no fun if there are no jumps etc, but don't nail me on that, that was completly different. Theres notin' wrong with these straights.

------------------
-Wipeout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2000 2:52 am 

Phin, I'd appreciate it if you'd close this topic. Seems to me like Zonr_0 is getting a lot of flak. We don't need negative comments on this board do we? I'll be posting a new beta soon... just waiting to get some photos developed to make some textures. Image

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]