MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

Post subject: My Tracks Suck! (or Super Crazy 98)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2000 1:03 pm 
Yes i'm dissing my own track, but i'm saying that this track is not very good becuase i removed most of the checkpoints i feel ahamed of myself of making this track even if it was awile ago, but i've decided 1 thing... I have decided to stop uploading tracks and trucks for awile unless someone requests so on the zone. I'm sorry if anyone likes my track making but i have to becuase my reputation as a track and truck maker has become incredibly bad. i'm working on a race called bridge_o-polis i promise you itis raceble, and it's not just an edited track. if you want it you have to request for it on the zone. but anyways, this track is so bad, all i did was adjust the altitudes,and delete checkpoints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2000 1:33 pm 

hey, your not alone...I have the same feelings but you know, there's 2 ways to look at it.
1. my tracks suck
2. "others" think my tracks suck

Don't give up..thats what i am struggling with and its the "looking for that pat on the back" that causes it

My last track only got 2 comments in the track talk forum, and they were good but you know, while I was having my track beta tested I got like 30 responses! It made me feel pretty dern good. So dont give up!!!

I do not race on the zone, but if you could send it to me as a circuit, I would like to see it..
FE
my email is listed under my profile:
fatal_error10@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 1:39 am 

Don't despair Zonr_0 - we all have to start somewhere. Personally I couldn't make a truck to save my life! If you need help with your tracks, all you have to do is ask. I, and I'm sure many others here, will willingly give you hints, tips and answers to specific questions. Be sure to check out the Traxx help section on this site as well.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2000 8:57 am 

This is a tip for all rookie track makers. When I say rookie i mean the tracks that the altitude is a mess and not driveable. Like Emc said everybody starts somewhere. For these rookies I suggest you read the altitude section in the traxx help. This helped me alot. I used to make tracks that made comp trucks fall in water, overshoot the road on jumps, and non working maps. The mtmg has solutions to all questions whether its in the pages or the people on the boards. Then again if you have trouble with traxx theres always Guitar Bill. This community is one that if your new you won't be soon because everyone can improve one piece of work easily.

------------------

K-Dawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2000 12:49 pm 

Yeah, don't give up! If you wanna see where I started, I could send you... (ugh) Twisty Canyon. That track I made as a first REALLY REALLY sucked. All of my firsts did, actually. I made track, lots, 6 or 7, only one was good so far... Emerald Hills MX. Thanks to the help of everyone on this message board-
(Especially Phineus, thanks a lot bud)
- I mannaged to make my first good track. And, I'm thinking about a second. Just keep trying, keep learning, and you'll make great tracks some day!
Image Image Image

------------------
-Wipeout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2000 3:58 pm 

I'd just like to add that Emerald Hills is a great track...... could be greater though heehee Image
Seriously though, Air - good job. (who the Hell am I to criticize?)
Zonr_0... stay with it bud, you're getting better every time - but don't rush things.

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart