MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:15 am

Post subject: Island-2-Island Beta V1.4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 2:12 am 

Here's the 1.4th version! Bigger, longer, better. The city place is now bigger, and more challenging (you have to turn a lot). You no longer need to turn right after the last big jump... you simply jump onto a broken bridge and keep going till you fall off onto the road. Plus, a few probs are fixed, and, I did what I could to make it more fun!

Enjoy!

------------------
-Wipeout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 9:30 am 

Hullo, ok some good things i see, nice layout (so far) very long, got alot of variation, looks to me like custom texutres? Volcanos, water, palm trees, grass sand, lots of island charecteristics.
Now... the hard part.
Hate to be harsh but here we go...
1-The jumps in the beggining are kinda brutal and ubrupt... Make them more smooth, use more than one traxx square to make them, and it makes it alot more fun when you don't land doin a wheelie... I like smooth.
2-Now I'm in these ground boxes... what is this.. since this is "island to island" we want to see (well I) want to see some beautiful tropic trees some monkeys and gorrilla's some beautiful custom texture work.. Need help with textures and yer using traxx 1.3 or above contact me Image
3-Ok after the big jump and hault.. whew, now im turning... I'm not big on square turns, but do what you wish. I would personally look into making some round turns that are banked.
4-Terrien... ok well so far you have some good terrein alterations... Except the surrounding terrein, it is really sharp and pointy, make it more smooth and realistic as possible... this also goes with the road... smooth yet not flat... Image
5-I have passed a couple trees and turned right now... whoa! Whats this walls made of dirt! Andy way... if i were you... i would make them look like mountains and, whats the word again (smooth) Image you know... Well make them be higher then the road but gradually going up with it... know what I mean. Image
6-Ok I'm in the city... you have done a pretty good job there in the city Image But.. I'm driving through and i went through the 1st city.. not on the right is city.. and on the left is desolate desert.. im thinking maybe lower this to water level and make it look like the city is on the coast Image
7-Now im driving again... signs ahhhhhh! Image Too many just have like two blocking or something cause they get logged in front of the vehicle and man.. slowness Image where all these signs are i would deffinatly "smooth" out the terrein on both sides Image
8-Alot alot alot of strait... lets get some diagonal road and textures in here, so we can kinda get out of the mountains.

Well to finish it off needs alot of terrein work, smooth more natural terrein, more textures, eye candy... makes the track more fun to drive...

All I can say is keep working, don't give up, may look like alot but sohuldnt take you too long, hopefully this will give you some direction on where to go, and be in no hurry to release it becsause there are some changes that should be made...'

Download my first version of
Kryptik Zero
And my second version of the same track
Kryptik Zero 2.0
and you will see a stark contrast that could kinda resemble what you finished track should be like.

All I have to say for now Image

------------------
RuDeE
4x4 Evolution Garage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 11:09 am 

I agree with you in some points there, but let me explain a few points-

• Well, first of all, I want to take care of something. I don't want to offend you, but you should NEVER say 'This is what a finished track should look like' because everyone has there own 'style'. It might offend others. (BTW, I already have Kryptik Zero 2.0, great track Image )
  • Jagged terrain... Same thing about everyone having their own style, this is mine. Sure, its unrealistic, but I find it... well, neat. Hey, it does exist to, look at the badlands for example, or that place with the rock arch...
  • Yes, those jumps are bad, I'm trying to fix them Image
  • Ground boxes... Again, the 'style' thing, I seem to like drives through temple kinda thingies. The textures, well, I think they kinda fit the ground boxes... And, there are palms, aren't there? Gorrials, woah! Hehe... Anyway, I'll do what I can.
  • Walls of dirt? Thats a canyon... Maybe I should make the edges go up less sharply...
    Andy? Lol u must be mistaking me for another designer, I'm AIR_Wipeout.
  • Thanks bud, great idea, costal city! Then I can put some docks there too! Image Image Image
    Thanks for the idea.
  • Hehe, I agree, they're too heavy... I think I'll only put 2 or 3 there.
  • I like the steaight... I've been thinking of changing the part after the valcano, but whats wrong with the straight?
  • All that smooth stuff... Hehe, I've only got Traxx 1.2, not as easy for me, but I'll do what I can Image

Well, thanks for the tips.

Don't give up, lol, you should see my first eight tracks (which I avoid letting people know about cause they suck SO SO SO SO SO SO bad), I didn't give up after that! Image

Anyway I'll get to work now. Oh, BTW... I've got more than 3 islands but there is no means of reaching the others. I'm thinking of making on with snow on it as a little extra. Not anything to do with the actual race, just some exploring fun. Or maybe, I 'll make Island-2-Island 2 in 1 and have a single pod with Island-2-Island and Snowy Isle: Island-2-Island 2. I dunno, I'll just keep[ thinking, working, planning, making my track better. Keep racin' and have fun!

------------------
-Wipeout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 12:40 pm 

LOL, I didn't mean this is what a finished track should look like, I meant, compare and contrast the tracks then you'll see what I mean.
Lots of strait on the 1st, not so much on the 2nd.. you know :P
Image's

------------------
RuDeE
4x4 Evolution Garage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 2:30 pm 
Glow Ball

I don't think RuDeE meant anything by the "final track" idea. It's just that if you take a look at what was thought to be finished, and then look at the added work, you can see the difference some refinement makes. It's usually worth it. Same idea goes for Badger's Motherlode track.

P.S. Hiya RuDeE

------------------
- Phineus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2000 5:51 pm 

RuDeE's comments are worth taking into consideration - and I'm sure they were well received by Air_W. And btw RuDeE is my "official" beta tester for MCTrek... heehee - we spent some time IPing with version 1.3 the other night and he pointed out some very relevent things. Version 1.4 may have complete custom textures - so don't expect it tomorrow. In the meantime I'm downloading AW's track to steal some ideas. Image

------------------
Keep on Monster Truckin'

EmceeMart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2000 1:24 am 

I'm almost ready to release it. I've made the city a costal city, with cool docks you drive by. I've added a bunch of models, more plam trees, removed some of the desert and put grass (where the volcano is) and done a few other things. Buuuutttt, I still have the spiky terrain, cause I like it, Image But I made it a little less spiky... actually, a lot less, more flat now, just bumpy terrain. Anyway, I've changed the part where you go on the penninsula, it was too bumpy. Now, you just have to jump some water. If anybody has anymore problems with this track, tell me NOW before I release it.

------------------
-Wipeout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2000 2:49 am 

I would recommend posting one more beta, just so we can see if it ready for a realease yet Image thanks!

------------------
RuDeE
4x4 Evolution Garage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 3:24 am 

You got it!

------------------
-Wipeout