MTM2.com

A forum for mtm2 discussion
FAQ :: Search :: Members :: Groups :: Register
Login
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:20 am

Post subject: Meth, I'm curious
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:13 pm 
Glow Ball

When you uploaded your trucks, was there a problem with the image or did you not do one for those couple trucks? Reason I ask is I have several built in checks that will delete the image if there's a problem with it. For example, it's not a jpeg, or it's larger than 100k. I don't, however, have dimension checks since the pop up adjusts to the image's size. In the meantime, I did up pics for you but if it's important we can arange to update them with anything you've prepared. Anyway, I was curious because I don't think we've had problems before... at least none that were unaccounted for.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:48 pm 

I am not sure what happened. I picked the picture, picked the ZIP, and hit upload. When I looked, only half of my pics were there. I am not sure if there was a problem at my end or the sites.
All of the pics I tried to add were the same ones I used at KCs for the trucks pics. If you dont mind changing them, feel free to use the ones I used at KCs.
You DONT have to.. :D

I was going to PM you and ask you about the pic problem
(Your To Fast For Me) [nyuk]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:06 pm 
Glow Ball

Okay, all fixed up. And for what it's worth, the Maximum Rage jpg was 179 kbs. So, yep, the script would have checked that, said uh uh, no way baby, and sent it deep into obscurity. I resaved it with a touch of compression and it's fine. The other one I'm not so sure about. It "appears" fine so unless you accidentally grabbed the wrong one during the upload then I really couldn't say. It should have been all right.

Anyway, for anybody following along here, if you recall we had a fella uploading huge bitmap images a while back and he just wouldn't alter what he was doing. So, these verification things were put into the uploader.

- must be a jpg file
- must be 100k or smaller

I haven't gone overboard, I mean, I could have been much more thorough in how things are validated, but since this appears to stop the most trouble some stuff I see no reason to make it tighter. Watch tho, we all know some new genius will come along and force our hand again. In the meantime, the rest of the sane world will just have to be patient when these mishaps happen. They're not a big deal, they're an easy fix (a heck of a lot easier than trying to chase down some bozo bent on a hard path, and we usually don't mind.

It's all good agin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:22 pm 

Thanks Phin.
I didnt realise the MaxR pic was over the limit. Sorry about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:31 pm 
Glow Ball

pfft. I wasn't worried about it. I just figured it was safe to use you as a reminder to everybody. I do everything I can to reduce the amount of text people need to read, but as a result some of these things can slip past a person.

<center>
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:53 pm 

Quote:
must be a jpg file
- must be 100k or smaller

Cool.... I sure wish Vales had such an upload limiter...It would save me a lot of work (Today I encountered yet another 800+ kb .BMP image that had the extension renamed to .JPG....I had to remove 4 similar misnamed images a few days ago too...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:09 pm 
Glow Ball

It's a learn as we go thing. And I use perl which is considerably more mature than asp. I found some modules at cpan ...

http://search.cpan.org/~pmison/File-Typ ... le/Type.pm
http://search.cpan.org/~jhudge/Image-Te ... TestJPG.pm
http://search.cpan.org/~rjray/Image-Size-2.992/Size.pm

. . . that do the grunt work for us so I can automate a lot of this stuff. I also use cron to do nightly backups. I'm sure asp will catch up sooner rather than later. But yeah, one and two meg bmps are a bit much for modem users.